HDTVs

Desidero

N00b
I'm at a point where I'm strongly considering getting a 4K TV, but I don't really want to have to spend $1500 for a good one like the KS8000. If my company participated in EPP or if the EPP invitation loophole still existed, I'd probably have to jump in on the deal for $1080... The mediocre (in comparison) public Black Friday deals aren't worth considering. Maybe something good will happen after CES2017.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm at a point where I'm strongly considering getting a 4K TV, but I don't really want to have to spend $1500 for a good one like the KS8000. If my company participated in EPP or if the EPP invitation loophole still existed, I'd probably have to jump in on the deal for $1080... The mediocre (in comparison) public Black Friday deals aren't worth considering. Maybe something good will happen after CES2017.

Do you have a Costco? They've had some pretty good deals on the LG model that is specific to them, and some of the Samsung. That $1099 70" LG was super tempting, more so at $999.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Dude just pm me I just got an epp and ordered 2 for 1079.

Whoever says you can't share these is full of it the guy on reddit set me up for 5 bucks amazon gift card lol

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Thank the lord

Screenshot_2016-11-24-17-25-38.png

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Also every reddit thread says don't turn hdr plus on because its fake and blah blah, don't know whose smoking the crack im playing ds3 on the 60 inch with hdr plus on and motion blur reduction set to full and it looks SICK.

I AM SO GLAD FINAL FANTASY 15 WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT 10 YEARS AGO HAS MADE ME SPEND 1500$ ON A NEW SYSTEM AND TV.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If you know how to do it I'm happy to help for anyone, unless it involves changing my password and sharing the account out. I looked around Samsung.com the other day when you asked and didn't see any way to hand out an invite. So we may not be 'full of it' and just not know how.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would never give my TV internet access, so that's completely not an issue. But I'm sure in 5 years after a class action lawsuit it won't be an issue for app users either. "But how do you use.." "With a PC. Master race."

Favorite quote from that thread:
It's sad that we have to treat our TVs like children that can't be trusted on the internet.
No, it's something you should already be doing!

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Intrinsic I was referencing the people on slick deals where its all red huge and bold saying samsung stopped the epp sharing ability, your awesome and it wasn't meant towards you.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Secondly, I really cannot wait to get final fantasy 15 playing on this. I haven't bought a new tv in 8 years and this is such a huge upgrade I wish I could stay home and not work I feel like a kid opening chrono trigger back in the 90s.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hmm just occurred to me this morning my receiver is only HDMI 1.4. Probably not a big deal as I won't be sourcing content from a disc player or my PS4 regular. Should work through the built in apps I guess but that means connecting the TV to the network.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just purchased the KS8000 49" for my living room (the stand can't support anything >50). Can't wait to test it out. :O

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hate that plasma's left the market, I can't find anything even close to what I have in my Panny VT for under 2k or less but I guess I'm annoyed b/c the 75in market blows for pricing. A Panny probably would have fell in the sweet spot.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Plasma is dead, RIP.

I bought a 50" KS6300 (630D is the model at costco/sams) today at Sam's Club, $398+tax but what motivated me was the American Express offer I loaded into my account last night, 20% back on any purchase at Sam's Club over $100. Basically $320+tax for a 50" 4k TV with HDR. Its not quite as good as a KS8000 but its $1k less and I won't give a shit if I only get 3-6 months use before giving it away. Already swapped out the 65" 1080p I had in my office with this, the colors are definitely stunning compared to the old TV. Only bad thing I'd say is the HDR is not quite as good as the KS8000, and more importantly only HDMI1 supports full YUV420, with HDMI2 & 3 not doing full UHD. KS8000 allows every port to do full UHD.

Gonna see whats new at CES in january and then upgrade my living room TV to ks8000 or something better at superbowl, but now I'm a happy PS4 Pro gamer. Hopefully FF15 does the Pro justice.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Got the KS9000 set up for my mom and her husband, but can't figure this ARC out for the life of me to get the App audio to output over the receiver.

Pretty typical setup with the cable box, ps4, etc.. running to the receiver, then the receiver out to the OneConnect box on the Samsung. We're using HDMI 4 on the OneConnect because it is labelled ARC, and the primary Output of the receiver is also labelled ARC, so that should match up. Going to spend tomorrow looking at receiver settings but at a brief glance tonight I couldn't see anything extra that needed to be switched (other than the obvious ARC is set to ON).

Was figuring it would have to be on a different receiver input or something, or else how can it discriminate against regular TV coming from the cable box vs ARC audio from the TV, and not create some loop or something. No idea though. The whole Smart App/TV thing seems to be counter intuitive until all these things play nicely. AnyNet+ or whatever worked without an issue and the smart remote controlled the cable box, tv, and receiver straight up.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
In the options on the receiver, you have to actually click "ARC" (or HDMI?) for audio/video. I think by default it may be optical. Dunno if you've tried that already, hah.