HDTVs

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You may also need to turn components on in a certain order for it to start working right. That was my last dumb thing to figure out when I set it up a couple weeks ago.

Now my TV remote controls the volume and turns my receiver off and on when it is turned off/on.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah after a few glasses of wine and then vodka last night we got it somewhat working. We had to turn the TV to an input other than the cable box and ARC worked perfectly. Apps went through the receiver. And I think like you're saying meStevo meStevo getting the components on and talking in the right order is a critical step. The AnyNet+ (or CEC?) stuff gets a little confused. When we switch to the other input the receiver follows but sometimes it doesn't switch back, sometimes it does switch back but then forces itself to the previous input.

Glad we got to troubleshoot this here though so that when we get home and set up our 8000 we more or less know what to expect.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have to return the KS8000 49" because Samsung decided to be complete faggots this year and used wide legs. I have to get a 55" just to get a center stand. Wtf. :|

spronk

FPS noob
i bet those extra 6" are good though

i vaguely remember something about the 49" ks8000 using different panel or components than the 55 and higher so might have been a good idea anyways

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Intrinsic when you click on the ks8000 does it not give you an option to add to cart and only where to buy? Been trying to abuse this for everyone going person by person and I can't tell if its out of stock or stopped me at 2.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Intrinsic when you click on the ks8000 does it not give you an option to add to cart and only where to buy? Been trying to abuse this for everyone going person by person and I can't tell if its out of stock or stopped me at 2.

Can you abuse a 75in JU7100!?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Showing at 1999.99 for the 7500 but has the same where to buy instead of add to cart, I am assuming they are currently out of them is what this button means, I can order other things

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Yeah I can't create anymore accounts but we can use it for whatever although I highly recommend don't ship via their white glove service I ordered Thursday and the thing hasn't shipped and doesn't until tomorrow I had to call customer service because I was flipping out but apparently they Were just backed up they use a company called agservice

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I can't create anymore accounts but we can use it for whatever although I highly recommend don't ship via their white glove service I ordered Thursday and the thing hasn't shipped and doesn't until tomorrow I had to call customer service because I was flipping out but apparently they Were just backed up they use a company called agservice

Sounds like on average you can save about 500 ish on a tv?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have to return the KS8000 49" because Samsung decided to be complete faggots this year and used wide legs. I have to get a 55" just to get a center stand. Wtf. :|

Word - so many TV's I've ruled out because of shitty stands. After the cat decided to destroy one almost immediately after purchase, I got a huge distaste for shitty stands.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sorry didn't see any of those posts, been driving like 14 hours out if the last 24. Not sure what I can do but think the best stuff is over.

spronk

FPS noob
its a bit shady as fuck but i emailed a dude from slickdeals -- mexjesse @ gmail.com -- about getting a Samsung EPP invite, and within a few minutes he said he could do it for a "donation". I sent him $10 via paypal and within a few minutes had an EPP account and ordered a 60" KS8000 for my parents for $855+tax. Order confirmed within a few minutes. Its "my" EPP account (registered to my email address) so I should be able to order in the future as well.

This is the link to the TV itself, the 65" is 2-3 weeks out on its delivery window but the 55 and 60" are more readily available, at least for now.
65" Class KS8000 8-Series 4K SUHD TV (2016 Model) TVs - UN65KS8000FXZA | Samsung US

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its a bit shady as fuck but i emailed a dude from slickdeals -- mexjesse @ gmail.com -- about getting a Samsung EPP invite, and within a few minutes he said he could do it for a "donation". I sent him $10 via paypal and within a few minutes had an EPP account and ordered a 60" KS8000 for my parents for $855+tax. Order confirmed within a few minutes. Its "my" EPP account (registered to my email address) so I should be able to order in the future as well.

This is the link to the TV itself, the 65" is 2-3 weeks out on its delivery window but the 55 and 60" are more readily available, at least for now.
65" Class KS8000 8-Series 4K SUHD TV (2016 Model) TVs - UN65KS8000FXZA | Samsung US

That's awesome man. Grats. I'm still looking for an EPP and 75in but seems like they are still out of stock?

Any chance it shows you how much this is in cart? 75” Class KS9000 9-Series 4K SUHD TV (2016 Model) TVs - UN75KS9000FXZA | Samsung US

Last edited: