HDTVs

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Absolutely livid. I hook up the 55" KS9000 and there are 7 colorful lines horizontal of the screen with one gigantic black line on the right side. I have to get a new one after spending about an hour doing cable management.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
its a bit shady as fuck but i emailed a dude from slickdeals -- mexjesse @ gmail.com -- about getting a Samsung EPP invite, and within a few minutes he said he could do it for a "donation". I sent him $10 via paypal and within a few minutes had an EPP account and ordered a 60" KS8000 for my parents for $855+tax. Order confirmed within a few minutes. Its "my" EPP account (registered to my email address) so I should be able to order in the future as well.

This is the link to the TV itself, the 65" is 2-3 weeks out on its delivery window but the 55 and 60" are more readily available, at least for now.
65" Class KS8000 8-Series 4K SUHD TV (2016 Model) TVs - UN65KS8000FXZA | Samsung US
Was the invite to perks@work? If so You should now be able to invite 5 more people

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Absolutely livid. I hook up the 55" KS9000 and there are 7 colorful lines horizontal of the screen with one gigantic black line on the right side. I have to get a new one after spending about an hour doing cable management.
Prepare for some Samsung shenanigans. I have been sitting with a broken TV in my house for 2 weeks now

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
got the lg uh6350 70" from costco hung. I'm really impressed with the built in sound, may be a while before i get into home theater stuff. Also the 15 dollar mount from amazon is a piece of shit and can't lock if you have it all the way to 600x400 vesa, so i had to rig something up. I am surprised at how shitty the remote seems, it reminds me of a $10 universal.

9VH5tVw.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
KS8000 came today from the most frustrating shipping carrier ever. No 1hr heads up just an, "I'm at your place with your TV." Well thanks I'm 20 min away at the office.

We don't wall mount but the feet on this are great. Being wide at the corners and the way it sits your eye really doesn't even see them, because the discs below the center is open. Almost gives it a faux floating look. It is practically bezelbless which is awesome.

Picture is great. Netflix HDR, etc... Some complaints about the UI and settings and menu, need to play around some more. And get my PS4 Pro and try out the optical out for the TV smart apps instead of ARC.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't feel bad Picasso, the ks8000 remote is the same way, like 6 buttons total. I think they all make them that way and are in cahoots with universal remote makers to keep that market going.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Intrinsic did you do their bullshit white glove shipping like I did and the company has like double order numbers and turned off their answering service, ags or some shit?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Intrinsic did you do their bullshit white glove shipping like I did and the company has like double order numbers and turned off their answering service, ags or some shit?

No I just did standard free shipping during the promotion. In think AGS was the primary carrier and they delivered to a local carrier who set up the delivery.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
got the lg uh6350 70" from costco hung. I'm really impressed with the built in sound, may be a while before i get into home theater stuff. Also the 15 dollar mount from amazon is a piece of shit and can't lock if you have it all the way to 600x400 vesa, so i had to rig something up. I am surprised at how shitty the remote seems, it reminds me of a $10 universal.

View attachment 100767

I think I just got the 55" version of that myself - and yea, been really amazed by the built in sound on mine as well - had a soundbar from the previous bedroom TV I hooked up to it, and it honestly felt like I was downgrading the sound when I did, so went back to just the built-ins.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ahhh I emailed this guy mexjesse @ gmail.com and he got me into the EPP. I'm eyeballing the
65" Class KS8000 4K SUHD TV for 1079.99

They still out on the 75in models for KS9000 and JU7100? Would love to know how much the 75in 9000 is through EPP if you don't mind?

That's a sweet deal dude. Grats!

Last edited:

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They still out on the 75in models for KS9000 and JU7100? Would love to know how much the 75in 9000 is through EPP if you don't mind?

That's a sweet deal dude. Grats!

Oh man I didn't pull the trigger yet. I'm might hold off because my anniversary is the 19th and then I have Christmas... I'm trying to get my wife a puppy and fucking french bulldogs are expensive.

75” Class KS9000 4K SUHD TV - $4,024.99

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh man I didn't pull the trigger yet. I'm might hold off because my anniversary is the 19th and then I have Christmas... I'm trying to get my wife a puppy and fucking french bulldogs are expensive.

75” Class KS9000 4K SUHD TV - $4,024.99

I just got access! I don't want to buy now but I'm not sure how long the promotion will run for? Do you? Also, for anyone who hasn't ordered yet. Discover card is offering 10% cash back when you buy directly from Samsung. I just signed up for their card. Promotion ends 12/31

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just got access! I don't want to buy now but I'm not sure how long the promotion will run for? Do you? Also, for anyone who hasn't ordered yet. Discover card is offering 10% cash back when you buy directly from Samsung. I just signed up for their card. Promotion ends 12/31

Not sure man, it says "Price includes instant holiday savings. Save over 55%!Limited time only."

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure man, it says "Price includes instant holiday savings. Save over 55%!Limited time only."

Yea. Kind of worries me. I'm going to order when my discover card comes. I'm grabbing the 75in JU7100. With discount and card it's going to be like 1800. Crazy. Almost 1k in savings

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Do you guys know of a good sound bar to use? I bought the LG one that matches the profile of my TV, and I'm not terribly thrilled with it. I would like something that sounds a lot better. Sound Quality is a must.

Any suggestions?