HDTVs

ShakyJake

<Donor>
For a TV used most for PS3/4 gaming, does the Hz make that big of a deal? I'm reading there would be no perceptible difference between 60 and 120.

Sorry if this has been asked previously.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YOu missed one that is actually a good deal... This might get me out of the hizzy after turkey....

rrr_img_82664.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aren't those deals always the same? They only have like 5 or 6 of them in stock to get a bunch of retards to camp outside their store and flood the place on opening to boost sales.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Aren't those deals always the same? They only have like 5 or 6 of them in stock to get a bunch of retards to camp outside their store and flood the place on opening to boost sales.
Yes, and no rainchecks as they are generally a discontinued model. So you better be one of those first handful of people in line. Anymore, big stores like Best Buy, Walmart, etc have employees work the line of people camping outside, giving them a voucher for their 1 item of choice. You couldn't walk in and get it if you wanted to. So if they have 5 TVs and the first 5 people in line want one, they're all getting it, there's no mad dash when the doors open for that stuff that is in super-limited supply anymore.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got a 55" LG Smart TV for $700 from Costco over the weekend, no regrets. Could maybe have saved $100 but it's worth $100 to not bugger with Black Friday :p Plus I got to look at the specific model and get that 2 year warranty.

For the TV itself, it's pretty solid. It doesn't use their new WebOS (yet?) but the apps are pretty fast and functional and the Smart Share thing is pretty sexy too, pulling files off my PC right over the wifi.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have that exact same LG from Costco. Bought it back in May. Make sure to go to avforums.com and look up the calibration settings for the picture, makes a huge difference once you adjust those, even though it's a huge pain in the ass.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah thanks, yea haven't messed with the picture much because it looked really good right off in our place, but can always get better. Only thing I did was turn off stupid true motion stuff.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah tru motion 120hz still looks really odd to me for anything besides sports, 6 months in and I still can't watch atv show or movie with it on, it's too jarring, kills the sense of immersion.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Last week I bought a Samsung UN65H7150 that I ended up returning due to a panel defect. I went to exchange it and low and behold best buy had the 65" Vizio P series TV on sale for the same price as the Samsung. $1499 for a 65" 4k TV. It's a sweet TV so far.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was looking at that 75" curved Samsung 4K TV at best buy a couple weeks ago. That thing is fucking beautiful. I wouldn't pay $8K for it but it is awesome. Also the price on TVs these days is just crazy. I think by next year they're going to have to give you a 50" TV for under a hundred bucks if they want to call it a doorbuster.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curved TVs are fucking stupid. The biggest gimmick to date. They can die in a fire please.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, curvature does absolutely nothing of significance unless you are sitting 20 feet in front of a giant movie screen. Home TVs are nowhere near big enough to need curvature of any kind for anything useful, total gimmick.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bought a 60" Samsung TV yesterday and had it all set up by the evening. After calibrating the picture settings, it is fucking gorgeous. I had pre-ordered it originally on Amazon with the Black Friday price of 999, vs the normal price of around 1250 or so, but after being told it would likely be delayed, and seeing Best Buy was price matching already, I decided to pick one up at a store. The price discount is pretty much including all sizes of the 6350 line as far as I know. If you're looking at buying any of this model, the 55" is definitely a samsung panel, but for the other sizes you need the research if they use a shitty panel, since they outsource a good amount of the sizes. My 60" is actually a Vizio panel which is second best of the panels they outsource, and it still looks amazing.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...&skuId=4325007

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not saying it's not a gimmick, just that it's a great looking TV.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It saddens me that when my current ~3 year old Plasma eventually shoots craps, I probably won't be able to get another one

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Need a TV for a 700sq ft apartment living room. Thinking 40'' should be big enough, right? Quite a few deals out there now for this size.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Need a TV for a 700sq ft apartment living room. Thinking 40'' should be big enough, right? Quite a few deals out there now for this size.
55 inch seems to be the sweet spot for price in my opinion. Can get some decent ones for around $500