Health Care Thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
3,670 posts and I doubt you could find a single person on these boards that would consider a single one of them of value. Congratulations garglechimp, you are RR's most useless retard!
I think football is pretty stupid. Especially college football. Every stupid fuck who roots for a college team but has never spent one day in a college classroom should be executed imo.

iannis

Musty Nester
I like the team with the black guys.

You can tell they're gonna win.

Edit: Not too many black coaches in football are there? It really IS a metaphor for modern warfare! The darkies and the poorfuck whites go hit each other while the guy on the sidelines chuckles about how stupid they are and how pointless the entire exercise is.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Provide an ideal example of socialized medicine and it's still no good because it encourages people to get hit in the face with deflected hockey pucks. Now you think about that.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Did I confuse Fana for Merlin? If so, sorry. I've become accustomed to it that the correct grammar stood out.

What's going on in ACA-land? Are doctors not taking the insurance (and exchanges under-reporting it) and hospitals not being covered the stories of the day?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
sport=/=exercise although you can get an exercise playing a sport.

It's something other than honest to call injuries occured an "accident" when you are playing a man vs man sport. That's what probably set my devils advocate ocd off, it's like putting a bunch of rabbits in a cage and when they have rabbit babies calling it an "accident".

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
He's the one who brained him with the puck in the first place.

That seems like a sport that would require goggles. Do hockey helmets have them?
Most guys in beer league wear visors. For whatever reason, a bunch of guys on that team don't, including my brother (most are late 30's, so kind of old school hockey wise). However with the angle that the puck hit him, it's likely that it wouldn't have done much good, as it was coming almost straight up at him, it deflected off a skate right below where he was on the bench. I wear a half visor, which is most common, some guys wear full face shields. High sticks and the like are also not much deterred by a visor, since they're most often also coming up from below.

fanaskin_sl said:
did he fall and break his wrist 7 separate times doing the same voluntary activity?
If it makes you feel better, one of the nurses told him that he was the fourth or fifth guy to come in with the same shit that day. Lots of irresponsible behavior going on!

fanaskin_sl said:
sport=/=exercise although you can get an exercise playing a sport.

It's something other than honest to call injuries occured an "accident" when you are playing a man vs man sport. That's what probably set my devils advocate ocd off, it's like putting a bunch of rabbits in a cage and when they have rabbit babies calling it an "accident".
Are you honestly claiming that only "sports" cause injuries, and that "exercise" is perfectly safe? You are seriously one dumb motherfucker.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Garglechimp just equated organized sports with caged rabbits fucking. Can't make this shit up. Wow.

Raise of hands of those who have ever, even once, been persuaded by a garglechimp argument or metaphor.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I never claimed any such thing, any activity that stresses your body can hurt you, I mean to grow muscles you have to tear the old ones first, it's a destructive process to begin with, but yes ultimately the most long lived and healthy people are the ones that eat very little and avoid laborious activity. ie their bodies experience a relatively low degree of entropy in the long run.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Raise of hands of those who have ever, even once, been persuaded by a garglechimp argument or metaphor.
The problem with an appeal to popularity was for example literally 0 people agreed with me that the NSA was recording all internet traffic literally a month before snowden came out.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
They're not capable of recording all internet traffic. They don't have the storage to hold onto it to analyze it. They're trying to build more storage and faster, more accurate analysis to solve the problem from both sides. So it's good that no one agreed with something that isn't happening.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I believe even at the time I said they read everything they can then select/filter what they want to record, sorry.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
fanaskin is essentially arguing that good healthcare systems are bad because they just encourage people to take more risks. I mean, what reason would anyone have to avoid being hit in the face with a hockey puck if they have good healthcare?!

You understand that's completely retarded logic, right bro?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You have this thing you want/like (universal healthcare) and you'll make everything an abstract arguement for or against a central healthcare system, I never actually ever said "and this is why we shouldn't have universal healthcare" because i'm for single payer myself if you decouple the business contribution. All I said was this guy is getting stitches doing something that isn't related to his survival and it's really not an "accident" and he's out there doing it all over again and it cost him nothing so he has no incentive to change, like wear a face mask or something. and yes there's a natural incentive not to hurt yourself but clearly alcohol and heart disease show us people are more than willing to damage themselves for "fun".

Now if he paid for his own insurance than you can very clearly say he thought the risk was worth it, but you can't easily say that in collective care because everybody pays for it and they are all entitled to opinion. You can easily see that kind of browbeating when you see people telling other people they shouldn't be so fat because it puts a drain on the system and it's bad for their health, it's fine when you guys want to fat shame people because fuck fat people, but really it's the same thing, playing a sport or eating a hoho eventually causes damage and it all costs somebody else money in the end.

Algiz

N00b
You can easily see that kind of browbeating when you see people telling other people they shouldn't be so fat because it puts a drain on the system and it's bad for their health, it's fine when you guys want to fat shame people because fuck fat people, but really it's the same thing, playing a sport or eating a hoho eventually causes damage and it all costs somebody else money in the end.
I feel like I should be reacting to this somehow, but...