Health Care Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not defending our hugely overpriced medicine here in the USA, but you do know there's a fuckton of money spent on R&D for those medications before a single penny is earned, right? Pharmas arent just paying 2c manufacturing costs.
GENERIC - so basically zero R&D. The name brand equivalent is about 4x the cost (in the US at least - can get the name brand from Canadian pharmacies for about $20 less per month than the generic here)

Prices, Coupons and Information - GoodRx

Except that was 50mg lower dosage than I took (450mg) and the 90 caps was one month. Perhaps the price has slid in the 5 years since I was uninsured though, was just shy of $500 then - or this "goodrx.com" website's coupons are quite badass if it's still priced similarly.

Cash prices on the generics looks mostly right - the Safeway one (I use Safeway pharmacy) is the only one that looks off, $128 was the lowest I have in my records between using CVS and Safeway.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Even dead cats bounce when they hit the bottom. Doesn't mean they suddenly woke up.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
Obamacide will suck up the last dregs of disposable income . Resulting in lots of people dependent on exports to america and imports of american food to go all apeshit crazy.
Cue up global have lots vs have nots hostilities . Should be a good show , got popcorn ?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Obamacide will suck up the last dregs of disposable income . Resulting in lots of people dependent on exports to america and imports of american food to go all apeshit crazy.
Cue up global have lots vs have nots hostilities . Should be a good show , got popcorn ?
what the fuck?

Vaclav

You think the small percent of people that didn't buy insurance before were somehow keeping the import economy afloat when $10k or more frequently less a year is going to strap them financially?

I'd love to see citation with that math... /popcorn.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
And that's half a million a month in just one state

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
The deadline For January 1 coverage is Monday, it is known from the Massachusetts experiment that people wait till the last minute to sign up and there's a rush. Question is, did enough young and healthies sign up or will everybodies costs go up?

Vaclav

Jan 10 now technically hadn't heard anything on the news, but dealing with a SSA error today they had a blurb on the TV stating it was delayed to Jan 10.

They also had another blurb projecting more increases next year, although no % or $ value.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
the whole thing is stupid "these are illegal, predatory and immoral, this is why we have to reorganize everything", nm we need you to actually sign up to something you can afford/want to pay.

what was all that talk about predatory insurance companies about? literally hot air?

Vaclav

'He's a liar, we can't keep our garbage plans' is likely a strong part of why...

You can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink in real world application.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
my point is they are fine and dandy when they need you. they need people to signup so they are compromising themselves.

also what's the legal authority to change this stuff? is it deferred to committee in the law? because they've added like 30% more text to the original law than what was passed by congress, and are changing things at a near whim.