Health Care Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
you've indirectly made a great case to have no insurance for anyone.
No insurance with cost controls for routine stuff (or UHC) and real insurance for extremes with a minimal level of coverage via taxes would be my ideal, your point?

(Singapore would be the best of all worlds for models to use IMO)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, all those lower middle class people making 40k per year (in a household of 4) have awesome houses with sick equity and stacked 401ks. Don't be stupid.
Not everyone gets into car accidents with hundreds of thousands of dollars with medical bills either.
No insurance with cost controls for routine stuff (or UHC) and real insurance for extremes with a minimal level of coverage via taxes would be my ideal, your point?
Do away with insurance altogether. People shouldnt be over joyed to go 20-50k into debt over a car but hate having to pay 20-50k for a new knee.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You can choose whether to buy a new car or not. Generally you don't get to choose when your three year old gets leukemia.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I don't think there is an infinite value to life, In the old days when a kid died, they had another kid.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
You can choose whether to buy a new car or not. Generally you don't get to choose when your three year old gets leukemia.
True, but the cost of medical care is so screwed up and disconnected from what it actually cost to render service its retarded. Just look at how competitive cosmetic surgery is. You can get top notch LASIK done for $3,000-4,000 easily. Why is that?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
In the old days criticism of the government got you hanged. This isn't a line of discussion you're going to get anywhere with.

Vaclav

LASIK has basically zero cost involved to it - the machines are almost cost free to run and are literally free after deductions on the taxes for the doctors that purchase them.

There's literally zero cost besides staff costs and a few bucks of electricity to doing a LASIK procedure. Very few procedures are comparable.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I don't think there is an infinite value to life, In the old days when a kid died, they had another kid.
Doesn't think there is an "infinite value to life", values low taxes above all else. Your modern conservative libertarian, ladies and gentlemen.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
LASIK has basically zero cost involved to it - the machines are almost cost free to run and are literally free after deductions on the taxes for the doctors that purchase them.

There's literally zero cost besides staff costs and a few bucks of electricity to doing a LASIK procedure. Very few procedures are comparable.
Fine how about fake tits? $5000.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider

Why do I see coupons out for 200-300 an eye? Is that for a different laser surgery and not Lasik?

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Don't think I'm quite 1% for holdings although not far off - but regardless someonein my financial position should be untouchable by health turning too sour for income, no?
Why? What kind of moron thinks from a policy level that it's a smart, efficient use of resources to spend $10M+ to sustain a single person's life?

Vaclav

Why do I see coupons out for 200-300 an eye? Is that for a different laser surgery and not Lasik?
No clue - they're not long procedures though. Was less than 2 hrs when we consulted on one for the wife.

And on fake tits, look closer to $10k and inert gel baggies aren't costly either. 95% staffing, 5% parts again.

Vaclav

Why? What kind of moron thinks from a policy level that it's a smart, efficient use of resources to spend $10M+ to sustain a single person's life?
Considering in man hours you're talking about me spending about $5-10k an hour for the treatments I got - zero hospitalization besides a 3 hr LP one time - there's clearly some cost issues.

My generic med mentioned earlier costs more per ounce than gold last I compared them. When it costs 2c per capsule to manufacture.

Smell a problem there?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My generic med mentioned earlier costs more per ounce than gold last I compared them. When it costs 2c per capsule to manufacture.

Smell a problem there?
Not defending our hugely overpriced medicine here in the USA, but you do know there's a fuckton of money spent on R&D for those medications before a single penny is earned, right? Pharmas arent just paying 2c manufacturing costs.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yes, but you have some special kind of asperger's that doesn't allow you to relate to these hu-mons infesting this planet. Most of us value life more than your bullshit ideals that you made the fuck up in high school,.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Not defending our hugely overpriced medicine here in the USA, but you do know there's a fuckton of money spent on R&D for those medications before a single penny is earned, right? Pharmas arent just paying 2c manufacturing costs.
BUT ITS JUST A CAPSULE