Health Care Thread

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm not shocked at all. Most people in this thread know very little about it. I still don't understand all of the regulatory changes and I've read them several times though I suspect there is nothing novel about that amongst legislation.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most people don't understand very short legislation - its quite a leap to one of the longest.

If more people understood the Patriot Act at roughly half the length on a less confusing subject there might be reason to expect that. But even that is confusingto most ppeople. Even me of sections of the PA vs ACA but I am more used to insurance lingo than most.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most people think the penalty for not having insurance is $90 no matter what your income is and that it never goes up. Some radio show must be parroting that number.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Do people who think its a good idea to not carry health insurance really worry about penalties?

iannis

Musty Nester
Is it really that sort of a deliberate choice?

If you're living week to week do you even care what sort of tax penalties you're going to face, or do you have more pressing matters that occupy your interest?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Most people think the penalty for not having insurance is $90 no matter what your income is and that it never goes up. Some radio show must be parroting that number.
None that I'm listening to. I haven't heard anyone say $90, but it does seem like most people might be missing that it's a percentage of AGI.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
...and that it increases each of the first three years is generally missed too...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Is it really that sort of a deliberate choice?

If you're living week to week do you even care what sort of tax penalties you're going to face, or do you have more pressing matters that occupy your interest?
When you make more money on your tax return than you put in then it isn't a big deal that you get $90 less from that.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
New health plans sold through exchanges not accepted at some prestigious NYC hospitals - The Washington Post

NEW YORK - New Yorkers buying a health plan on the state's new insurance exchange should read the fine print if they're interested in getting care at some of the city's top hospitals.

Not all are participating in the new plans created by the Affordable Care Act.

Impact of Obamacare: Loss of hospital access:?One of the goals of the Affordable Care Act was to keep health-care insurance prices low. But to do that, insurers are leaving some of the nation's top hospitals out of their covered networks for policies offered on government exchanges. This is putting some families in a bind. Zoe Newton's family is one of them. Here is their story.

As of this week, not one of the plans for sale on New York's health benefit exchange would cover treatment at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, one of the world's largest and most respected cancer hospitals.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not shocked at all. Most people in this thread know very little about it. I still don't understand all of the regulatory changes and I've read them several times though I suspect there is nothing novel about that amongst legislation.
Im not even talking how much in penalties and when they go into effect or how much subsidies you can get. Im talking people think the health insurance you get off of healthcare.gov is 100% government run or other such nonsense.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those racist Californians just told Obama to go jump off a cliff.... they will not be following his edict to reinstate the million plus insurance plans that ObamaCare caused to be cancelled in their state.