Health Problems

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
a_skeleton_03, grats on results and increase your garlic uptake, it will help with your liver.
I didn't check my sugar but I felt fine. It was just a weird occurrence

I got the same weeks ago, the whole family got a stomach virus, we were all shitting for 3 days, even baby girl.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I finally start treatment Monday. Met with oncology and they've decided I'll be doing chemo and radiation together.

Apparently my chemo is pills, Xeloda, 4 500mg pills and a 150mg Monday - Friday with radiation. I'm relieved that the chemo is pills. I was freaking out I would be hooked up to some machine for 8 hours or something.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is it the radiation that causes hair loss? Do the pills have the same effect?

Just curious in general, not trying to cause undo stress.

My wife has had a stye for months now.. the doctors keep prescribing her to do "warm compresses" which are not clearing it up. She's practically in tears. I told her to just say "CAN I GET A FUCKING ANTIBIOTIC" but they're still not budging.

It's either antibiotic or surgery. No idea how she got it, but she wears contacts so potentially got something in her contact case.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not me bro, I told her just to have a doctor do that. I don't want to risk any more infections around her eyes

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is it the radiation that causes hair loss? Do the pills have the same effect?

chemo is what causes loss of hair on your entire body. not sure if the pills Jx3 is going to take will cause that or not. i got chemo first, then radiation after, and my hair grew back during radiation. tho i am missing patches of hair at the spots where the radiation was administered.

pills would have been nice. i had the "hooked up to a machine for 8 hours" deal that he was afraid of. but that isn't common... most of the people i saw at the chemo infusion center got there after me and left before me.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
My oncology doctor wanted to do radiation and then chemo. Talked to the other two doctors and they said lets go with both at the same time. Oncology is scared doing both may cause the tumor to swell which would cause a whole new set of problems. I don't know. I'm just the guy with cancer.

The biggest side effects they talked about were hand-foot syndrome, hair loss and possible mouth sores. Mouth-foot syndrome is where I would be unable to handle anything hot or cold or put too much pressure on them. Could cause numbness and tingling. Oh joy. Could be worse so I'm not going to bitch. I'm just glad things are moving along now instead of me just going to appointments and waiting to see what they are going to do.

Radiation will be concentrated on my pelvis, because Colorectal cancer and all that. Maybe I'm lucky and never grow the hair back, keep my junk looking shiny all the time.

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
Mouth sores. Don't fuck with those. Before you even start ask for Magic Mouthwash. You don't want to know even 1 second of the hell that are mouth sores.
Just get some pot and get high as fuck. Not even joking.

I had my colon removed when I was 15 for pre-cancerous polyps and I have literally had years worth of chemo so I have some experience with colorectal issues. Fire away with any questions you might have and I'll answer as best I can.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
Ah boy protip gents. Don't bump and grind the Mrs. in the shower with bar soap as lube. My Johnson is not a happy camper today. More of a red helmet than purple at the moment. OUCH!

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
Well it's actually shave soap. Get a nice close shave with it. Didn't have anything else within reach. I plan to be more prepared for next time. lol

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Using soap as lubricant will cause your penis to feel like you have a UTI. You will have painful urination for a few hours and the frequency will go up.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So out of the blue I've been having recurring spinal pain and weakness in my lower back. Fairly normal since last year, hurt my back bad last year cause me and another worker were shuffling out this 8' I beam out side onto the bobcat/skidsteer forks. Beam slipped and rather than let it go, my dumbass tried to catch it. Ouch.

I typically end up with some type of osteoarthritis is any place I've injured as well, inherited degenerative arthritis problems. Keep in mind only 37 lol.

Anyway see the doc, do a physical, get a scan, and I apparently have 3 small "lumps" along my lower spine, about the size of quarters. Also have a couple more about the same size in same area. I have a larger one embedded in one of my lower back muscles as well.

Well color me shitting bricks. Doc tries reassuring me, have some MRI/CT booked, blood tests, probably a biopsy. Says they probaly cysts, don't stress.

K yeah no fucking worries here at all motherfucker, you got no lumps on yer spine.

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
Using soap as lubricant will cause your penis to feel like you have a UTI. You will have painful urination for a few hours and the frequency will go up.
Well I can say it wasn't THAT bad. :p I was fine by the morning. No burning piss thankfully either.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would guess your pain tolerance is much higher than others and your body was like "FUCK THIS AINT EVEN THE WORST THING IVE DEALT WITH"

Sometimes you do weird shit to get it in man.

I had sex with my wife in her grandparent's guest room. While they slept next door. On a white carpet. WHILE SHE WAS ON HER PERIOD.

I got bloody hand prints on the floor and had to clean that shit in the middle of the night.

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
Yeah that's probably not far from the truth. Either way that won't happen again.
Ha that's about as good as my ex years ago giving me head in their furnished basement and her father coming down and talking to us. He had no clue but holy hell was that an incredibly tense 10 minutes. Then back to business!