Health Problems

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Judging by the nutrition facts, there's really nothing magic in this stuff, any other brand that has whey protein and lecithin should do the same thing. I guess if there are alergies involved and so on, this brand guarantees safety, but generally diet supplements that are not covered by insurance and are sold over the internet are mostly interchangeable. I think stopping by the fitness thread would be a good idea, just double check if it has only the stuff you are looking for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I need to learn to provide all the info before I post.
She drinks Carnation instant breakfast most days as it is more palatable to her than Ensure or Boost and quite honestly, the nutrition in it is pretty good in comparison.
The chemo and radiation have both seemed to play roles in the things(foods, beverages, activities) she can tolerate and what she can't. She was in hospital in March for stomach issues - we thought the cancer was the culprit since it messed with her sodium (SIADH was the diagnosis). If that was the chicken or the egg is unknown at this point.
She has a great GI-NP and he is working to either: discover cause (she had an upper g-i with biopsy for h. pylori on Friday but he is leaning towards a nerve thing as the cause) or at least, manage her symptoms. She is currently in clinical trial and as a bonus may also be experiencing side effects. Pretty sure placebo wouldn't make her as tired as she usually is. She has lost a lot of weight as she has no desire to eat and is usually repulsed by it. He (the NP) suggested the addition of the unflavored powder to what she does already manage to take in as he is worried if she continues to lose weight/mass; she won't be eligible to continue the trial.

I am fairly skilled in negotiating with insurance carriers...even CMS as I deal with their rules in my job on a routine basis. Finding a pharmacy that would order this as the OTC and getting the insurance to pay is honestly, not worth the time it would take for me to do so; I would just rather pay out of pocket.

Why did I ask then? Because there is a WEALTH of knowledge and experience in this community and IF someone had been through this or used the product listed and perhaps had an alternate to suggest; it would be here. The LOT of you random, behind the curtain people meant something to G and in the 9 months I have been here, have grown to mean something to me.

Thanks to all of you. May the stars shine a path for your nights and the sun provide warmth for your days.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Did the hike today. Hurting pretty bad and quite annoyed. Personally I was fine. Sugar was good the whole way, pretty sore but mostly feet and back. 12 miles up and down and about 1 mile elevation. My brothers wife held my group up. Slowest human ever. Did not get to summit because of her and had to almost call emergency services. I was about 400 feet from the summit but had to send them down and go, had to call it.

Pretty annoyed overall with that. She basically ruined my trip.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
bro sorry for your diabeetus. my granny died from it. my dad is probably gonna die from it too. my brother already has one. I will probably get one too.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
bro sorry for your diabeetus. my granny died from it. my dad is probably gonna die from it too. my brother already has one. I will probably get one too.

You don't die from diabetes unless you want to. (And yes, I consider non-compliant patients as wanting to die from it)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
You don't die from diabetes unless you want to. (And yes, I consider non-compliant patients as wanting to die from it)

u aint the boss of me

I know a woman that's put herself into 2 comas because she just won't stop drinking wine. I mean, that's her choice to make.

Life without wine isn't worth living... I guess.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well I'm on medical leave now. Fucking EI is a huge downgrade compared to actual work. Least the company still throws me occasionaly under the table work, I'm reliable and they know I don't fuck around. nightwatch/firewatch sometimes, and being on sites to receive material deliverys. Its all good, mostly sit there and play WoW in site trailer on laptop lol

The 2 lumps on my spine gotten a little larger, pain is excruciating sometimes, doc says they putting pressure on my spinal cord. Have to wait 3 months for my MRI ect, yay Canadian health care. Might be free but ya gotta wait forever. Gonna get a biopsy in a couple weeks, gotta wait for that too.

So far I have a total of 7 lumps in my lower back, doc thinks they just fatty benign timors, forget what they called lipo- something. The 2 on spine the only major concern now, as they fucking with my ability to work.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
u aint the boss of me

I know a woman that's put herself into 2 comas because she just won't stop drinking wine. I mean, that's her choice to make.

Life without wine isn't worth living... I guess.
Type 2 is dangerous because what you eat today has a relatively minor impact overall. It's years of shit that take a major toll later on. Sounds like she's at that point.

On reddit whenever they have threads about the worst stuff nurses have seen I'd say a good 30% are non compliant diabetics with rotting feet and toes falling off and shit.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I was diagnosed with type 2 at my worst (6.6 A1c) and ended up radically changing my diet, and 3 months later 51 pounds dropped and had it rechecked and it's 5.5, which is a huge drop. But really, it's not a short term thing, it's a lifestyle change at this point. But I'm sure my pancreas is thanking me for it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Well I'm on medical leave now. Fucking EI is a huge downgrade compared to actual work. Least the company still throws me occasionaly under the table work, I'm reliable and they know I don't fuck around. nightwatch/firewatch sometimes, and being on sites to receive material deliverys. Its all good, mostly sit there and play WoW in site trailer on laptop lol

The 2 lumps on my spine gotten a little larger, pain is excruciating sometimes, doc says they putting pressure on my spinal cord. Have to wait 3 months for my MRI ect, yay Canadian health care. Might be free but ya gotta wait forever. Gonna get a biopsy in a couple weeks, gotta wait for that too.

So far I have a total of 7 lumps in my lower back, doc thinks they just fatty benign timors, forget what they called lipo- something. The 2 on spine the only major concern now, as they fucking with my ability to work.
can you just rush into emergency and get it bumped up. it works sometimes.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We could probably find someone here who could leave some pain pills on your porch for you

• 1Like

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Next week is my last week of radiation and chemo. It honestly hasn't been too bad. Had some pretty serious but problem but Gas-X and some Flexeril have mad life a little easier. Pretty sure once I'm done they'll do another scan to see if the tumor has shrunk. Could then do either surgery or more radiation and chemo. So nothing major to complain about just a quick update.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I had to take stool softeners from all of the steroids making my shit so hard.

I think my asshole is permanently changed from that experience, and not for the better.

• 1Like

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Next week is my last week of radiation and chemo. It honestly hasn't been too bad. Had some pretty serious but problem but Gas-X and some Flexeril have mad life a little easier. Pretty sure once I'm done they'll do another scan to see if the tumor has shrunk. Could then do either surgery or more radiation and chemo. So nothing major to complain about just a quick update.
Awww man, I didn't know that you caught a case of the a_skeleton_03s. Stay strong my Jug brother.

trex

Queen Bee
This will be my first day out and about. Finally off the pain meds. Those things are seriously scary, I was enjoying the high and the ability to get shit done on them, and sometimes not even taking them for pain. Sucks that now I just have to deal with actual pain, but I have an addictive personality and just cant use stuff like that. Feeling sorry for Ravvenn and the heroin junkies that just cant quit. Wondering if there will be a day when those will be off the market.

After a week without drinking I'm stopping that too.