Health Problems

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Lost 25 pounds now. Didn't exactly have a lot of extra fat. Down to right at 160.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
If the toenail is significant, just go see your primary care or a podiatrist. They will cut a wedge in your toe and get the hangnail out. You do not want to go through the pain of ripping out a toenail, potentially causing an infection (which you most likely will), and may even have another hangnail later.

What did the EKG say? Normal Sinus? LVH? LBBB? RBBB? Evidence of previous infarct? A lot of times, techs will put the leads in the wrong spot. Happens all the time in the hospital. I always tell students whom I'm precepting that in an emergency, it's fine to wing it if you're in the general vicinity; otherwise you should always be as precise as possible to get the best view.

Did they give you nitroglycerin at all? If you're having chest pain (even if it may be small) that's nonstop, they should've given you 1-3 nitro tabs to dissolve.

Any history of GERD or just reflux in general?

No history of Reflux or any heart issues. Family history has High Blood pressure and Heart Attacks, of course.

Ended up stopping by the ER last night, cooked dinner after coming back from Walk-In Clinic and just could not relax. Blood pressure was running high and then heart rate shot up and wouldn't come down no matter how i tried to relax. Bit the bullet and went over to checked out.

They did EKG twice, with 2 hour in between, plus drew blood and did a chest x-ray. Everything came back clean, no issues they could see other than I was stressing out. They did have me take some aspirin and the blood pressure and heart rate eventually came back to normal

Called my Primary and will be following up with them on Thursday, going to order a Stress test to do a full check. ER doc said they could do one, but he didn't think it was necessary right that moment, since all tests came back clean. He indicated he thought it may be a strained chest muscle, or even inflammation in muscle between the ribs.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been up all night so maybe I've misread something, but reading your posts the most concerning thing is that you're 5'8 and 230lbs. And by concerning I mean you (like 99% of the country) should really think about making some diet and exercise changes or you will likely end up in an ER some 20-30 years down the road. 30 year olds just so rarely have heart attacks that you might not even bother working one up unless your family history involves multiple people having heart attacks in their 40s or 50s. By all means I agree you should go to your primary doctor for a check-up though especially since you're concerned about it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll think about the surgery some more. I bought some new reebok workout socks and i guess they're really tight because they aggravate the fuck out of my toe. I've been wearing looser socks and feeling a lot better. I barely notice it unless my toes have to bend (like kneeling)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Finished a chemo round last week, and due to some paperwork mixups I didn't get my Neupogen. They had me go to a different clinic for my Saturday visit since the usual guy is on vacation, and the confusion made me not realize I missed it too.

So then my white blood cell count plummeted to zero and now I'm doing a several day stay in the cancer Ward of the hospital while they get me figured out.

Have been barely able to eat. My pulse waa 155, EKG showed sinus tachycardia. Now today my temperature is rising. They were thinking that I was just having a bad reaction to meds, but now with my temperature up they think I have a systemic infection.

Heart rate has settled from that high of 155. Last check was about 130, but mostly it's been in the 100-115 range (even first thing in the morning after getting an ativan...) Temperature 102.4.

Normal blood pressure the whole time.

I'm worried Bros.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I shouldn't have to remind them is the stupid thing. The only reason I feel any guilt for not thinking of it myself is that I tend to be more proactive in knowledge of my own care than most. But yeah, really, what if I was 80 and senile? I would not be able to remind them. I've been trying not to get too pissed since we can't turn back time and give the shots when I was supposed to get them. But yeah iftheyhad their shit together I would be lying in my own bed snuggling my cat right now instead of spending maybe almost a week in a hospital room. (Found out tonight I should be leaving Friday or Monday)

Borzak

You feel better? That's a pretty high A1C. I tried to look up what a 13 A1C equated to in long term blood sugar levels and the chart didn't go that high.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel better mentally knowing it's lower but high blood sugar/A1c has never affected me physically in any way that I could tell.

Borzak

Well you should feel better physically after some time I would assume. I can count the number of times my blood sugar hit over 300 with two hands. Having above 300 for any extended period of time sounds like it would be a major drain on you physically.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
WTF new medication were you on? The rule of thumb is that meds will usually lower your A1C by ~1-2 points max iirc. That's fucking amazing, was this over the course of 3 months or like a year or two? Bravo sir.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
WTF new medication were you on? The rule of thumb is that meds will usually lower your A1C by ~1-2 points max iirc. That's fucking amazing, was this over the course of 3 months or like a year or two? Bravo sir.
4 months. Januvia performed miracles

Others will recall when I started it my fasting glucose started in the 70s and 80s. It's a bit higher now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone else dealt with mouse shoulder?

About 4-years ago I experienced periodic then constant soreness on my mouse side where my shoulder blade felt permanently out of place. It took about 6-8 months for my shoulder blade to feel normal and about 3-years for the soreness & pain (which I hadn't realized was there as it was ever present) to stop. I still experience varying difficulty finding comfortable sleeping position and will have disturbed sleep and minor soreness waking up. Playing PC games with a lot of mouse usage definitely makes it temporarily worse (so I rarely play).

I would blame too many years slouched at a computer with the mouse.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've never had that for more than an acute attack. Most def sounds like posture.

What I have had before is crippling Charlie horses in my calves. That comes from zombieing out in front of a computer sitting in some of those office chairs.

Weird that I never got that playing eq, but I was a lot younger.

Borzak

Mouse shoulder? Sounds odd. I guess I'm odd I put the wrist down on the table and only move my hand and not my shoulder, same when I use the digitizer.