Health Problems

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never had that for more than an acute attack. Most def sounds like posture.

What I have had before is crippling Charlie horses in my calves. That comes from zombieing out in front of a computer sitting in some of those office chairs.

Weird that I never got that playing eq, but I was a lot younger.

My belief/understanding is the posture led to me recruiting neck muscles for shoulder & arm movement and eventually it became the norm for me.

I'm a software dev so I was burning it from both ends with daytime programming & night time gaming.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Gallstones can go fuck themselves. That is all.
Incoming surgery.
I've known a few with those, sorry man.

Mother in law was in the hospital for 10 days. If you remember she was the one with Diverticulitis. She almost died because she had an infection on her liver and something wrong with her stomach.

They flew in a special team like the guys on House and they couldn't figure it out. Best guess was the diverticulitis surgery messed something up.

Released her after 10 days with the infection gone but basically a shrug for why.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Gallstones can go fuck themselves. That is all.
Incoming surgery.
gall-bladder.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
finally got the courage to look at the survival rate statistics for where i am with my cancer/treatment

shouldn't even have looked. 54% 7-year survival rate.

Vinen

God is dead
I've known a few with those, sorry man.

Mother in law was in the hospital for 10 days. If you remember she was the one with Diverticulitis. She almost died because she had an infection on her liver and something wrong with her stomach.

They flew in a special team like the guys on House and they couldn't figure it out. Best guess was the diverticulitis surgery messed something up.

Released her after 10 days with the infection gone but basically a shrug for why.

Still need to get it diagnosed properly but all my symptoms point towards it.
After lunch today my wife and I went to a Museum in town. Felt the pain coming and THEN OMG GET ME TO GET THE EMERGENCY ROOM OHH MY FUCKING GOD CANT BREATH AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... then it went away after an hour with a heatpad.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
pharmakos pharmakos - what Noodle said, well at least the first part.

Vinen Vinen - I had my gallbladder removed when I was 29, (no stones, it just didn't work and made me violently ill. I was thin, fit and under 40 so I wasn't their typical patient. The surgery overall went well except that they gave me too much anesthesia and I ended up spending the night to get my O2 sats back up (was supposed to be an outpatient procedure). Recovery was a snap; I had only to take acetaminophen for pain.
You will do great and feel so much better once it is out!

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
Vinen Vinen - I had my gallbladder removed when I was 29, (no stones, it just didn't work and made me violently ill. I was thin, fit and under 40 so I wasn't their typical patient. The surgery overall went well except that they gave me too much anesthesia and I ended up spending the night to get my O2 sats back up (was supposed to be an outpatient procedure). Recovery was a snap; I had only to take acetaminophen for pain.
You will do great and feel so much better once it is out![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. I'd heard it was a relatively easy surgery with little recovery.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So... not sure where to start. Basically i'm looking for advice what Ive done to myself as well as if I'm likely fucking myself even more trying to wait to January so I dont end up paying my deductible twice.

Late June I moved my 300gallon (700lbs) fish tank into house and up onto it's somewhat high stand. Right away it had me sore (rib even popped like it does when i move something too heavy) By that evening my back was hurting way low basically in the hip area of spine. (Have a history of being not overweight but not in shape and hurting it where it's sore for a month or so at a time.) This time though I by the next day was gasping in pain trying to bend or squat to do the dishwasher or even sit down. It didnt hurt just in my back but a slightly diagnal thin strip kinda deep in my leg going from up in my buttocks down to my knee.

It gradually got a bit better, back wasn't in much pain, just getting squated to sitting or anything like that hurt. If I had a few dozen paces to kinda limber up I could walk ok. Figured like other times just needs time to heal. (When I had a infected treated with IV antibiotics fight bite in my knuckle that tendon took 6 months to heal) After a month or two I had re-aggravated it a little hauling a guy back into his scooter he had tipped.

After the initial hurt to get down, it kinda reversed and I was fine sitting, but if I got up, the leg was tight and very painful. If I stayed mobile and sat for like 15 mins or less I felt almost completely normal. With a sitting job though this was rough, and I found if I just stayed up the whole day it also kinda got achy from overuse.

Now here in the last month I'd say things are getting worse. Like the pain feels like it's in those 2 tendon or whatever things on the inside of the knee and is a broader swath in my leg. My lower back is back to hurting most of the time and since it happened its fairly sharp pain to lean backwards and I havn't been able to pop my back in that time either. It's getting where to where I'm back to full on hobbling trying to get moving and even once I am, I feel kinda a tightness and pain when I try to extend my leg fully in range of motion. Some fairly silly things like pulling my pants/briefs up, twisting, heck even pushing on parts of my legs or hips causes pain in my back and leg. It's making it somewhat hard to get to sleep at night at times and is a detraction to both work and plowing wife.

Oh another one, for example sneezing really hurts my back down in my hips. If I get startled when my wife slaps at me or something tensing up hurts.

I'm kinda assuming this is going to be a needing surgery at this point. Was guessing something torn or otherwise messed up in my leg + like a burst disc or something? Or any chance of this extreme impact in my leg solely from my back?

Last edited:

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you actually injure your knee at any point in this story? Also, is the pain that is "getting worse...on the inside of the knee" the same as the pain you had initially or is it a new thing?

Sludig

I dont think it's knee. I feel like it's the tendons/ligaments or whatever running along the thigh that attaches in knee and back up around in the low back.

The pain is getting worse in the back and in the meat of the thigh. It used to be I felt a kinda in my imagination a like single cord running through it, now the pain is more diffuse/radiated in the area. The pain in the knee was what didnt exist and has manifested. Typically when I get up out of my office chair I'm stooped like an old man and if I try to just walk it's kinda a stumble as things dont want to move and sharp pain. Typically kinda grab my jeans tight to brace against my back and kinda grit thru the pain to slowly force myself standing completely upright then start walking somewhat normally. (if I just stoop hobble I'll gradually loosen up over a minute or so to full standing.)

Normally I'm a better patient for describing things, the different ways this has hurt and changed over time has proven really difficult to describe.

Need a good picture I can ms paint on lol

iannis

Musty Nester
It sounds like you either slipped a disc or burst one.

It will unfortunately take surgery to correct. The leg problems can stem from lumbar disks. All the nerves down in your legs run through that spinal cord. Feeling pain in your thigh can originate somewhere besides your leg, and in this case probably does. Your knee, i'm not sure. That might be posture as you're correcting for your back. Or you might have legit twisted your knee as well and didn't notice at first because the back was more immediate. Or it might be neither of those.

If you know a GOOD chiropractor they can ease it temporarily. But those guys are generally out of pocket -- and while there are good ones there are also some quaks that will just fuck you up even worse. But you'll want to get xrays, and you will need a surgeon to fix it.

:(

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, and I wouldn't wait that long. I know the money/insurance is a real consideration, but this can cripple you. If you have to go into a little bit of debt it is worth the debt.

Sludig

pharmakos pharmakos Ya I looked at sciatica. It's what I was hoping it was initially but from what I read it probably should have passed by now and not gotten worse.

I'm bad about this iannis some because I'm the people go to to the dr too much camp. (Made worse by working in an ER and seeing 60% of the visits being a waste of everyones time) I can think of like one other thing in my life thats needed a Dr, and I havnt seen one in like 8 years.

I don't think the deductible would break me by any means. Im being a jew because I'm always a jew with my money. Why waste it if I can just wait kind of mentality..... but yeah the downturn is what brought me to post and rethink it.

I'm really scared of it though because I hear so many stories where people owe beyond their deductible and maximum out of pocket for a lot of things that I guess dont get covered or covered differently? (From hospital time, I imagine surgery, etc) Scared to do it and also be down for a while because of work.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
As others have said, it sounds like a lumbar spine injury. Go see a doctor. They try very hard these days not to operate, so you should make a serious attempt at anti-inflammatory steroids and physical therapy. If you're "only" experiencing pain and not severe muscle atrophy then you might be well able to recover in a few months. It's hard to compare to yours over the internet, but I've had injuries from martial arts training where I would lose feeling below the knee if I stood up for more than 30 seconds. It took about a year to recover, but with PT I don't even think about it 7 years later.

You were injured by strenuous activity while being out of shape. First step - get in shape.

Vinen

God is dead
Gallbladder removed. Massive stone was blocking the exit or something. May see pics when I visit the surgeon in a week and a half.

• 1Like

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
All right this may be a retarded post but I need some help. So I have a wart on my foot. Have tried several things to get rid of it but to no avail. So here is my current understanding of treatments for warts:

Kill or remove the cells
Freezing
Laser
Surgery
Electricity

Suffocate the Cells
Duct Tape
Nail Polish
Sallic acid

Poison Cells
Sallic acid
hand sanitizer
apple cider vinegar
some other weak acids

Blistering Agent
Cathardin
heat
Some other concentrated acid

So I am wondering if someone knows the name of a electronic device that will emit an electric current. One that outputs at a level that is low enough that it will not permanently harm someone. There already is one I could buy for exactly this purpose I am just wondering if there is a cheaper version.