Health Problems

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't even know what a gallbladder issue might be. Like I said I've never had anything like this in my entire life, and I'm normally very healthy, we don't eat a lot of processed stuff, only thing we do is enjoy our cocktails on the weekends but not a daily deal.

I do have to get up and piss probably two three times a night, but every time I pee it's just flat yellow, nothing on the dehydrated area.

I don't know I just figured I'd ask because everybody is typically pretty helpful when it comes to stuff on the forum, and if I can diagnose it and figure it out without having to go get a bunch of stupid tests done, then I would be very happy.

Thank you though.
Have you checked your blood sugar level? Not too hard to test and diabetes could have these symptoms. But considering your lifestyle that seems unlikely.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Unlikely but not impossible; my spouse's parents both have normal BMI but are diabetic. My best friend's dad wound up with diabetes out of nowhere
and it turned out that he had pancreatic cancer.

Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded are you having any bowel changes, bloating, inability to pass gas, abdominal pain, or nausea? Or is it vomiting and only vomiting?

The number of GI-related things you are going to be able to suss out or treat on your own is pretty low. Gastroparesis seems like a OK first guess, especially if you have a history of nerve pain/neuropathy, and I think checking your sugar as Gurgeh suggests would be reasonable. A1C would be a more reliable long-term measurement but also more expensive than a basic glucose test. People can also have gastroparesis without necessarily having diabetes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
sleevedraw sleevedraw

"Comment: Well-controlled H. Pylori immunostain is negative for organisms."

Kind of a dumb question but this means the gastritis is not an H. Pylori infection right?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
sleevedraw sleevedraw

"Comment: Well-controlled H. Pylori immunostain is negative for organisms."

Kind of a dumb question but this means the gastritis is not an H. Pylori infection right?

Correct. "Well-controlled" means that the pathologist thinks that the stain is of good quality. There's always the possibility of a false negative, but it's not likely.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've developed severe allergies by my mid-30's. Before moving to Texas I never had allergies for anything.

Finally had an allergens test done and god damn. Chronic rhinitis on a laundry list of crap to include cedars, elms, cypress, some types of grass, and a number of weeds. Just ungh.

It had been slowly getting worse over the years and now its at the point that I don't leave the house without taking antihistimines, if I stop taking them for a day or two it takes another 3 days of consistent taking of over the counter stuff to be back to normal. I have additional air filters in my house.

It's just really really annoying. Makes me want to move because I don't interact with any plants that trigger allergies back in Oregon. Whenever I go visit its clear as day for me sinus wise. Which is so relieving.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Unlikely but not impossible; my spouse's parents both have normal BMI but are diabetic. My best friend's dad wound up with diabetes out of nowhere
and it turned out that he had pancreatic cancer.

Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded are you having any bowel changes, bloating, inability to pass gas, abdominal pain, or nausea? Or is it vomiting and only vomiting?

The number of GI-related things you are going to be able to suss out or treat on your own is pretty low. Gastroparesis seems like a OK first guess, especially if you have a history of nerve pain/neuropathy, and I think checking your sugar as Gurgeh suggests would be reasonable. A1C would be a more reliable long-term measurement but also more expensive than a basic glucose test. People can also have gastroparesis without necessarily having diabetes.
Yeah, been bloated and not regular, where before it was like clockwork. Every morning have a cup of coffee, and straight into the bathroom. No problems, but then we ate chili or I made stir fry or something, and then it was liquid for like a month. So we shifted diet stuff, and then I became irregular and difficult. Got to the point where I hadn't gone in a handful of days, and started reminding me of when I was on all those stupid pain meds after my accident, and hadn't crapped for two weeks. Fucking nightmare.

Problem is I'm just not hungry at all right now. I mean I get the urge to eat but my appetite isn't there. My wife has been making smoothies with protein powder and other supplements to at least get me some nutrition, but one of those fills me right up.

I've been taking some probiotic supplements with the gas that maybe my gut biome is just real out of whack. And almost feels like I just have this pain in my chest my when I wake up in the morning and that's what causes me to dry heave. Nothing comes up other than maybe a little bit of bile or mucus. Once it passes I'm normally fine for the rest of the day. I just wonder if it's because my stomach is empty because I'm not eating and then my stomach acid is flowing up into my throat or something when I'm sleeping? I don't know, I've just never had this problem before, and it sucks.

I haven't eaten a proper meal in a long time, other than when she made some chicken noodle soup the other day, that seemed to be easy enough to get down. Going to make ground beef and gravy with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables tonight to try to have something easily edible.

I do know on both sides of my family I have uncles that have diabetes, I just don't know a lot about it. I guess my nerve pain all stemmed from the fall, is before them I might just have some aches and pains from having a hard day's work, but that wasn't something that was chronic. My right leg though lately always feels like pins and needles, and I just thought that maybe I slept weird and pinched a nerve in my back or something, but it's been persistent for a while.

Anyways, thank you both for the advice.

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm just trying to figure out what the issue is without necessarily having to go to the goddamn doctor.

Go to the goddamn doctor. Not to freak you out, but you're describing symptoms similar to what my mom had before discovering a grapefruit-sized tumor in her bile duct.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Go to the goddamn doctor. Not to freak you out, but you're describing symptoms similar to what my mom had before discovering a grapefruit-sized tumor in her bile duct.
Well mission accomplished my friend. Goddamn it. Hope she recovered.

Did she experience pain or pressure or anything? I don't necessarily have any of that which is why I'm asking I guess. Like I feel normally fine I'm just not real hungry right now, forum cautious about what I eat, but it's just when I get up from sleeping I have that screwed up reaction. Typically passes and I might go into the bathroom and just kind of gag or dry heave a little bit, but then I can kind of truck along with the rest of my day.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Did she experience pain or pressure or anything?

For whatever internet symptom comparison is worth, it's been a while but IIRC she had some abdominal pain that doctors initially chalked up to GI upset from meds she was taking for shoulder surgery. Definitely loss of appetite and morning nausea.

Hope she recovered.

Passed 20 years ago at age 53 after two miserable years of surgeries and chemo.

You could obviously have a million other things, but I'd very strongly recommend seeing a doctor rather than home-brewing a diagnosis, for your family's peace of mind if nothing else.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, been bloated and not regular, where before it was like clockwork. Every morning have a cup of coffee, and straight into the bathroom. No problems, but then we ate chili or I made stir fry or something, and then it was liquid for like a month. So we shifted diet stuff, and then I became irregular and difficult. Got to the point where I hadn't gone in a handful of days, and started reminding me of when I was on all those stupid pain meds after my accident, and hadn't crapped for two weeks. Fucking nightmare.

Problem is I'm just not hungry at all right now. I mean I get the urge to eat but my appetite isn't there. My wife has been making smoothies with protein powder and other supplements to at least get me some nutrition, but one of those fills me right up.

I've been taking some probiotic supplements with the gas that maybe my gut biome is just real out of whack. And almost feels like I just have this pain in my chest my when I wake up in the morning and that's what causes me to dry heave. Nothing comes up other than maybe a little bit of bile or mucus. Once it passes I'm normally fine for the rest of the day. I just wonder if it's because my stomach is empty because I'm not eating and then my stomach acid is flowing up into my throat or something when I'm sleeping? I don't know, I've just never had this problem before, and it sucks.

I haven't eaten a proper meal in a long time, other than when she made some chicken noodle soup the other day, that seemed to be easy enough to get down. Going to make ground beef and gravy with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables tonight to try to have something easily edible.

I do know on both sides of my family I have uncles that have diabetes, I just don't know a lot about it. I guess my nerve pain all stemmed from the fall, is before them I might just have some aches and pains from having a hard day's work, but that wasn't something that was chronic. My right leg though lately always feels like pins and needles, and I just thought that maybe I slept weird and pinched a nerve in my back or something, but it's been persistent for a while.

Anyways, thank you both for the advice.

So bloating, vomiting, and early satiety (you get full quick). No pain other than some heartburn.

IMO, most likely:
Best case - Gastroparesis or functional dyspepsia. Maybe an atypical ulcer - some ulcers can present without pain per sec. With heartburn, there's probably some component of reflux, but I don't think it would be causing everything else all by itself.
Worst case - tumor, bowel obstruction.

But yeah, as gastroparesis and FD tend to be diagnoses of exclusion whereas a tumor or obstruction are pretty easy to rule out with imaging, I would take Suave's advice and get checked out, especially if this has been going on for more than a couple weeks.

Rather than trying to eat 3 big meals a day, try to do smaller ones every 2-3 hours. If you're still having difficultly with the one protein shake all at once, try to space it out. You can also try to reduce the amount of fiber you have and see if that helps. Lower fiber fruit such as bananas and melons would also be a good choice, but I'd probably wait to exclude The Beetus before you start going hog on those. Lean protein, dairy/yogurt (if you're not lactose intolerant) are fine.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So bloating, vomiting, and early satiety (you get full quick). No pain other than some heartburn.

IMO, most likely:
Best case - Gastroparesis or functional dyspepsia. Maybe an atypical ulcer - some ulcers can present without pain per sec. With heartburn, there's probably some component of reflux, but I don't think it would be causing everything else all by itself.
Worst case - tumor, bowel obstruction.

Rather than trying to eat 3 big meals a day, try to do smaller ones every 2-3 hours. If you're still having difficultly with the one protein shake all at once, try to space it out. You can also try to reduce the amount of fiber you have and see if that helps. But yeah, as gastroparesis and FD tend to be diagnoses of exclusion whereas a tumor or obstruction are pretty easy to rule out with imaging, I would take Suave's advice and get checked out, especially if this has been going on for more than a couple weeks.
My meal schedule is typically one normal sized meal, typically dinner. Sometimes when I'm out traveling for work I'll have lunch with a coworker and that's my main meal, and none of the evening was at work staying in an Airbnb, we do just charcuterie cheese and crackers and vegetables and stuff like that.

Most of the time it's eating a banana or an apple, or maybe a granola bar or something in the morning, but I only really one meal a day. I might grab a snack like some beef jerky or a handful of pretzels every now and then, but dinner is typically my normal deal.

I used to eat a lot more, could put away some food. Used to go with coworkers to buffets and stuff like that, but I can't do it any longer. It's been that way for a couple of years.

I think it happened after the stupid accident. If my wife and I have steak night, it's very rare that I can ever finish 12 or 16 oz ribeye. I might be able to eat half, which is fine I guess I get more bang for the buck out of food would not having the appetite, but I just can't do it.

I mean if I had an ulcer or something, or the other deal what you're talking about which I have no clue what that is, what not necessarily feels something, or is it something that can run silent and deep ? Sorry trying to make a joke please, but I don't know. I mean I'm sad I tried to see just poking on my stomach and what have you and nothing really hurts, and it doesn't feel like there's something there.

I don't think I have an obstruction which was my biggest concern originally, but when I eat I'm able to go to the bathroom no problem, but I've been taking more fiber to just get the works going.

You and C Captain Suave are right though I probably just need to go into the doctor, again just last experience with the medical industry was a horrific nightmare. I don't trust them and all they did was do their best to fleece me, and I'm still paying off massive amounts of stupid medical debt.

Just tired of this shit.

• 1Solidarity

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
My meal schedule is typically one normal sized meal, typically dinner. Sometimes when I'm out traveling for work I'll have lunch with a coworker and that's my main meal, and none of the evening was at work staying in an Airbnb, we do just charcuterie cheese and crackers and vegetables and stuff like that.

Most of the time it's eating a banana or an apple, or maybe a granola bar or something in the morning, but I only really one meal a day. I might grab a snack like some beef jerky or a handful of pretzels every now and then, but dinner is typically my normal deal.

I used to eat a lot more, could put away some food. Used to go with coworkers to buffets and stuff like that, but I can't do it any longer. It's been that way for a couple of years.

I think it happened after the stupid accident. If my wife and I have steak night, it's very rare that I can ever finish 12 or 16 oz ribeye. I might be able to eat half, which is fine I guess I get more bang for the buck out of food would not having the appetite, but I just can't do it.

I mean if I had an ulcer or something, or the other deal what you're talking about which I have no clue what that is, what not necessarily feels something, or is it something that can run silent and deep ? Sorry trying to make a joke please, but I don't know. I mean I'm sad I tried to see just poking on my stomach and what have you and nothing really hurts, and it doesn't feel like there's something there.

I don't think I have an obstruction which was my biggest concern originally, but when I eat I'm able to go to the bathroom no problem, but I've been taking more fiber to just get the works going.

You and C Captain Suave are right though I probably just need to go into the doctor, again just last experience with the medical industry was a horrific nightmare. I don't trust them and all they did was do their best to fleece me, and I'm still paying off massive amounts of stupid medical debt.

Just tired of this shit.

Functional dyspepsia is basically "upper GI tract acts retarded without any other clear cause." You wouldn't be able to feel anything wrong with your stomach or esophagus, basically just the peristaltic motion (the automatic smooth muscle contractions that help move food through the tract) acts goofy because (poorly understood) reasons.

If the steak that you are having has a lot of gristle, that might be causing some issues, too - fat can set a lot of people off. If you drastically lower the amount of fat you consume, and that seems to help, that might point to gallbladder or bile duct.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Functional dyspepsia is basically "upper GI tract acts retarded without any other clear cause." You wouldn't be able to feel anything wrong with your stomach or esophagus, basically just the peristaltic motion (the automatic smooth muscle contractions that help move food through the tract) acts goofy because (poorly understood) reasons.

If the steak that you are having has a lot of gristle, that might be causing some issues, too - fat can set a lot of people off. If you drastically lower the amount of fat you consume, and that seems to help, that might point to gallbladder or bile duct.
As much as I cook and grill, I sometimes have a hard problem eating meat. I have to make certain cut it up pretty small, my mom has the same problem. I mean I love having a nice fat ribeye, but I don't eat them as often as I used to because I have a hard time swallowing it.

My mom says it's the diverticulitis, and I guess that's what she was diagnosed with but I don't know. I'm just assumed maybe that might be part of the problem that it's hereditary or whatever. Don't know.

My neighbor brought over a couple of plates of barbecue for my wife and I the other day, I was feeling bad but I sat and a little bit of some macaroni and cheese, baked beans, turkey and brisket. Not alot whatsoever just sitting there in the kitchen nibbling, and I paid for it later.

I've just been trying to figure out what is easy to consume, and I find things like Asian dumplings or something but I can pack away, don't seem to cause any issues. Don't know why but pastas, stuff like that, seems to be a hell of a lot easier.

Gurgeh

I've had a gastritis for 2 years, and there was no 'pain', just discomfort when eating, loss of appetite, lots of nausea, a lot of your symptoms in fact except the urinating/thirst part, hence why I thought of diabetes.

You probably can't avoid doing some tests at least to rule out quickly the bad stuff.

Running a cheap blood test for blood suggar and calcium first, probably, and you can get the results in a few hours.

• 1Solidarity

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I've developed severe allergies by my mid-30's. Before moving to Texas I never had allergies for anything.

Finally had an allergens test done and god damn. Chronic rhinitis on a laundry list of crap to include cedars, elms, cypress, some types of grass, and a number of weeds. Just ungh.

It had been slowly getting worse over the years and now its at the point that I don't leave the house without taking antihistimines, if I stop taking them for a day or two it takes another 3 days of consistent taking of over the counter stuff to be back to normal. I have additional air filters in my house.

It's just really really annoying. Makes me want to move because I don't interact with any plants that trigger allergies back in Oregon. Whenever I go visit its clear as day for me sinus wise. Which is so relieving.
Find yourself some local bee pollen. There's probably someone selling it at a farmer's market. Gradually have a little more with breakfast every morning. Eventually you'll be able to drop the antihistamines. Knock on wood, I haven't taken anything all summer (although I did cut down the giant cottonwood in my front yard too).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gurgeh

Find yourself some local bee pollen. There's probably someone selling it at a farmer's market. Gradually have a little more with breakfast every morning. Eventually you'll be able to drop the antihistamines. Knock on wood, I haven't taken anything all summer (although I did cut down the giant cottonwood in my front yard too).
I know a multiple people for whom it worked, încluding my wife.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I know a multiple people for whom it worked, încluding my wife.
A friend of my wife did this with her kids for their nut allergy. They did it through a clinic because the kids were epi pen level; built them up to eating a certain amount of nuts every week to keep their immune systems in check. My 7 yr old has a pretty strong nut allergy as well, though fortunately not almond/peanut(yes, not really a nut). We're planning to go through the same program for her.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

A friend of my wife did this with her kids for their nut allergy. They did it through a clinic because the kids were epi pen level; built them up to eating a certain amount of nuts every week to keep their immune systems in check. My 7 yr old has a pretty strong nut allergy as well, though fortunately not almond/peanut(yes, not really a nut). We're planning to go through the same program for her.
Yeah, not trying to desensibilize is really missing out these days. For pollen allergies just do it yourself, but I believe any half serious doctor will now send kids to a clinic to work on most allergies.

I only know one kid with a severe allergy, egg, which is quite a problem, but they're desensibilizing her since she was 24 months.

Gurgeh

Oh, also,
Fasting 3 days is a lot easier than it seems. I know someone whose allergies are gone since he occasionnaly do prolonged fasting, and that could explain it.

There are dozens of publications around this.

• 3Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oh, also,
Fasting 3 days is a lot easier than it seems. I know someone whose allergies are gone since he occasionnaly do prolonged fasting, and that could explain it.

There are dozens of publications around this.
Interesting, will definitely read through these.