Health Problems

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, also,
Fasting 3 days is a lot easier than it seems. I know someone whose allergies are gone since he occasionnaly do prolonged fasting, and that could explain it.

There are dozens of publications around this.
I guess it makes sense that the closer you are to starving, the less your body should bitch about what you're eating.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess it makes sense that the closer you are to starving, the less your body should bitch about what you're eating.
I'm not sure that's what's going on. The 'reset' part could be an adaptation to sickness in general. You'll notice that sick animals won’t move, won't eat and won't even drink, so reseting your immune system when you're unable to feed might be a good idea, as a common reason for not being able to feed is that you're too sick to look for food.

You'll also notice that yourself when you are accutely ill you are not hungry. I think it’s your body telling you that it has other shit to do right now than digesting stuff, which extremely costly and mobilizing a lot of ressources of your immune system. I believe the idea is a bit like that, your body can’t do everything at the same time, not digesting both signal a problem and free ressources for your body to sort the immune system.

If you look into actual science regarding fasting, a lot of weird shit is happening, especialy to the immune system, so when dealing with random weird health issue, it’s a cheap and safe thing to try...

Oh, also fasting is not starving. Starving is very very bad.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure that's what's going on. The 'reset' part could be an adaptation to sickness in general. You'll notice that sick animals won’t move, won't eat and won't even drink, so reseting your immune system when you're unable to feed might be a good idea, as a common reason for not being able to feed is that you're too sick to look for food.

You'll also notice that yourself when you are accutely ill you are not hungry. I think it’s your body telling you that it has other shit to do right now than digesting stuff, which extremely costly and mobilizing a lot of ressources of your immune system. I believe the idea is a bit like that, your body can’t do everything at the same time, not digesting both signal a problem and free ressources for your body to sort the immune system.

If you look into actual science regarding fasting, a lot of weird shit is happening, especialy to the immune system, so when dealing with random weird health issue, it’s a cheap and safe thing to try...

Oh, also fasting is not starving. Starving is very very bad.
I'm not trying to guess at the mechanism or anything, just saying that if your body commonly goes multiple days without food, having it randomly decide that eating a peanut will kill you seems pretty counter-productive. Not that it's not already counter-productive, but if you literally don't know where your next meal is coming from, it seems like your body should have some "anything is better than nothing" adaptations.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got REALLY sick in October with a cough that would not go away, trouble breathing. Got x-rayed and checked out - wasn't pneumonia just something really nasty. Ended up being sick for 5 or 6 weeks.

Then in Feb we went to Disney and the fat ass Disney grownups gave me covid. Ever since these two events, I now have a post nasal drip 100% of the time. It ends up that during the day I get a brutal cough and cough up large masses of mucus. Sometimes it's solid, like a booger, and sometimes it's just loose. But it's always a lot. And most of the time it's pea green.

During the day sucks, but I often wake up in the middle of the night having coughing fits.

I tried a Prednisone + antibiotic from the doc to see if it was a lingering infection but that did nothing. Mucinex doesn't really do anything for it. Sometimes Sudafed helps a little but not really.

I have an ENT appointment in November (lol) but I can't find any relief for this. I feel like a retard at work and constantly have to tell people I'm not sick.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Neti Pot Deal With It GIF
Sinus Neti Pot GIF by YOGABODY
good morning mom GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I got REALLY sick in October with a cough that would not go away, trouble breathing. Got x-rayed and checked out - wasn't pneumonia just something really nasty. Ended up being sick for 5 or 6 weeks.

Then in Feb we went to Disney and the fat ass Disney grownups gave me covid. Ever since these two events, I now have a post nasal drip 100% of the time. It ends up that during the day I get a brutal cough and cough up large masses of mucus. Sometimes it's solid, like a booger, and sometimes it's just loose. But it's always a lot. And most of the time it's pea green.

During the day sucks, but I often wake up in the middle of the night having coughing fits.

I tried a Prednisone + antibiotic from the doc to see if it was a lingering infection but that did nothing. Mucinex doesn't really do anything for it. Sometimes Sudafed helps a little but not really.

I have an ENT appointment in November (lol) but I can't find any relief for this. I feel like a retard at work and constantly have to tell people I'm not sick.
1724185194277.png

Try this for a week or two.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Neti pots really do you work. I get ear infections all the time and I have since I was a little kid, and the last time my sinuses were all screwed up, ended up going out and getting one. Washed out some horrible massive green goo. It was nightmarish, but really did a good job of clearing me out. Managed to clear me out before my other ear drum ruptured.

I'm a firm believer in using them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I tried that Navage thing a few times when I started having really bad allergies thanks to all the mold in my old apartment. Was frustrating when even that automated fucker couldn’t get water through my nostrils since shit was so fucked.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I tried that Navage thing a few times when I started having really bad allergies thanks to all the mold in my old apartment. Was frustrating when even that automated fucker couldn’t get water through my nostrils since shit was so fucked.
Is that a self-propelled deal? I don't know what that is.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's like a motorized neti pot with a little saline cartridge + water. I'm guessing the same principle, just without having to put your head at a weird angle.

View attachment 542518
Haha, that's pretty cool. Another first time I just tried to use the old cheapo neti pot version, text a little bit of getting used to the whole trick of getting it to work.

You really do have to hold your head and a perfect angle, keep your mouth open breathe in a weird manner.

They really work though. I'm at the motorized version is probably infinitely better.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been frustrated dealing with this for almost a year now but hadn’t actually looked into any solutions, but seeing as one of my cats tried to kill me last night by disconnecting my tube figured I’d finally ask other CPAP users: what the fuck do you do with this damn tube while sleeping? Either the fucking thing hangs off the side of my bed and just tugs at my face constantly, or I roll onto it over and over during the night and wake up looking like a tank plowed all over me, etc. I can’t find a decent way to get this thing usable while also being out of the way, and one of my cats likes to come in during the night and will basically be a little spoon and usually ends up just laying on the tube and I guess I rolled over and pulled my mask out of it. Woke up at some point wondering why the fuck I can’t breathe.

Also, I’m jealous of all the folks here who actually feel better after sleeping with a CPAP. I apparently snore less, which I guess is great, but I still sleep like shit and wake up feeling like shit, now with the added annoyance of wearing this fucking thing. At least I’m not dead, I suppose.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been frustrated dealing with this for almost a year now but hadn’t actually looked into any solutions, but seeing as one of my cats tried to kill me last night by disconnecting my tube figured I’d finally ask other CPAP users: what the fuck do you do with this damn tube while sleeping? Either the fucking thing hangs off the side of my bed and just tugs at my face constantly, or I roll onto it over and over during the night and wake up looking like a tank plowed all over me, etc. I can’t find a decent way to get this thing usable while also being out of the way, and one of my cats likes to come in during the night and will basically be a little spoon and usually ends up just laying on the tube and I guess I rolled over and pulled my mask out of it. Woke up at some point wondering why the fuck I can’t breathe.

Also, I’m jealous of all the folks here who actually feel better after sleeping with a CPAP. I apparently snore less, which I guess is great, but I still sleep like shit and wake up feeling like shit, now with the added annoyance of wearing this fucking thing. At least I’m not dead, I suppose.
Your tube should be long enough that you can tuck some of the slack under your pillow so that the part hanging off the side of the bed isn't tugging at your face.

Also there are masks that connect to the top of the head instead of the front of your face.

Resmed's "freedom" masks but Resmed is just one of the suppliers my store uses, I'm sure there are other brands. The main drawback to the top-connected masks is the tubing that runs down along the side of your head to the facemask is soft instead of semi-rigid which means a side-sleeper will have somewhat impaired airflow but it may still be enough for you.

Goatface

my last pcp kept trying to sell me on a neti pot. during the spring, i am always congested. couple blasts of saline mist will clear it right up for a day or 2, then i end up with congestion so bad my ear(s) will ring. figured a neti pot would result in same problem.
also my last pcp like to treat sinus infections with a shot of rocephin in the hip. one of few drugs i have gotten that make me feel 100 times worse for a couple of hours then remarkable better.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Sounds like my issues with allergies dude. Never had allergies until somehow I did. Exact same symptoms.

Just load up on antihistimines, improved air filtering in the house and I had a secondary air purifier in my home office that really makes a difference. But its like I live in a hermetically sealed house bubble.