Health Problems

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Find yourself some local bee pollen. There's probably someone selling it at a farmer's market. Gradually have a little more with breakfast every morning. Eventually you'll be able to drop the antihistamines. Knock on wood, I haven't taken anything all summer (although I did cut down the giant cottonwood in my front yard too).
I tried that for over a year. Didn't have a great effect as bees don't make honey from cedar which is my main agitator.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been frustrated dealing with this for almost a year now but hadn’t actually looked into any solutions, but seeing as one of my cats tried to kill me last night by disconnecting my tube figured I’d finally ask other CPAP users: what the fuck do you do with this damn tube while sleeping? Either the fucking thing hangs off the side of my bed and just tugs at my face constantly, or I roll onto it over and over during the night and wake up looking like a tank plowed all over me, etc. I can’t find a decent way to get this thing usable while also being out of the way, and one of my cats likes to come in during the night and will basically be a little spoon and usually ends up just laying on the tube and I guess I rolled over and pulled my mask out of it. Woke up at some point wondering why the fuck I can’t breathe.

Also, I’m jealous of all the folks here who actually feel better after sleeping with a CPAP. I apparently snore less, which I guess is great, but I still sleep like shit and wake up feeling like shit, now with the added annoyance of wearing this fucking thing. At least I’m not dead, I suppose.
Try to drape the hose over something above your head if at all possible (headboard, back of a chair, add a small hook nearby, etc.) so that it's kept out of the way and the weight is supported by something that isn't your head. Also, soft covers/wraps might help: Covers & Wraps

Also, you won't like this one, but in general if you want good sleep, keep the animals out of your bedroom.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Have you tried wegovy, Koushirou Koushirou ? Throw away 10kg, see if it's all better?
I really, really hate being on medications and if I’m going to be on any, it’s going to be for things I can’t really do shit about. Me being fat isn’t a disease, I just have to stop eating so much. There’s also no way I’d be able to actually take it. That or if I got the beetus, I’d be a goner. I can deal with getting needles from a doc, but there’s no way in hell I could do it to myself.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I really, really hate being on medications and if I’m going to be on any, it’s going to be for things I can’t really do shit about. Me being fat isn’t a disease, I just have to stop eating so much. There’s also no way I’d be able to actually take it. That or if I got the beetus, I’d be a goner. I can deal with getting needles from a doc, but there’s no way in hell I could do it to myself.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm diabetic, not insulin dependent though.

Needles are the least of your worries with this disease. It sucks ass.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Wife’s pcp had her 1) go low carb/keto for a month, then 2) add intermittent fasting (eat within 8 hour window each day), and then prescribed Wegovy once she showed she was serious about it. She’s lost a lot of weight and kept it off. It definitely helped with the sugar - she was pre-diabetic, now no issues.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

It's a healthy mindset to understand it's something in your control and that you need to change. However, for most people who struggle with food the way you're describing it very much is a disease.

Addiction is a disease. And that's what your relationship with food sounds like. I've been there so I know.

If you think about it in objective terms you probably wouldn't tell a smoker to only ever quit "cold turkey" and that cessation medications/prescriptions make them weak would you? Use all the tools at your disposal if you're struggling on your own.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It's a healthy mindset to understand it's something in your control and that you need to change. However, for most people who struggle with food the way you're describing it very much is a disease.

Addiction is a disease. And that's what your relationship with food sounds like. I've been there so I know.

If you think about it in objective terms you probably wouldn't tell a smoker to only ever quit "cold turkey" and that cessation medications/prescriptions make them weak would you? Use all the tools at your disposal if you're struggling on your own.
I get you. It’s not so much about being weak but I haven’t had too many good interactions with the medical industry of late and especially after Covid, I really don’t trust a lot of this new shit coming out and would rather wait and see if there’s some weird shit it causes.

Khane

I get you. It’s not so much about being weak but I haven’t had too many good interactions with the medical industry of late and especially after Covid, I really don’t trust a lot of this new shit coming out and would rather wait and see if there’s some weird shit it causes.

So I'm gonna say something that's going to sound like I'm just being a dick but it really is true and poignant and I'm making a point not just being an asshole.

Ask yourself why you'll trust Taco Bell enough to put it in your body but you won't trust medical professionals in the United States of America enough to put prescribed medication designed to improve health and longevity on planet earth into your body.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So I'm gonna say something that's going to sound like I'm just being a dick but it really is true and poignant and I'm making a point not just being an asshole.

Ask yourself why you'll trust Taco Bell enough to put it in your body but you won't trust medical professionals in the United States of America enough to put prescribed medication designed to improve health and longevity on planet earth into your body.
Because Taco Bell promises me nothing and I already know it's trash and I shouldn't be eating it. The past few years with the covid shit are a prime example of why I don't trust our medical "professionals" anymore. That doesn't apply to all of them, sure, but why should I trust any of these recent drugs when we've seen they're more than happy to lie about side effects, effectiveness, etc.? I'll take the meds for my tumor since I can't willpower that into disappearing, but it's going to be a hard sell for me to get to medicating for an issue that has a clear, straightforward solution, or barring that, still has other non-medication alternatives. If nothing still works, then I guess I do it as a last resort, but I don't think I'm quite there yet.

Khane

That isn't new and it has nothing to do with Covid or politics. That's unscrupulous business practices, the same that you can find in any private sector anywhere. Snake oil wasn't invented in March 2020.

You should probably burn your CPAP if you really feel that way.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I think we have a 92,000 post thread nearby that explains this pretty well. (Although to be fair, we should probably have a similar one on the food industry.)

• 2Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wife’s pcp had her 1) go low carb/keto for a month, then 2) add intermittent fasting (eat within 8 hour window each day)
Honestly just doing that will get someone with >35 bmi drop weight.
Then after a couple of months of that, going omad until bmi <27 and no need of any drug. No way to maintain BMI > 27 with low carb omad.
At that point morale should have improved enough to stop omad and compensate with physical exercice and drop the last few extra pounds.

Goatface

update and something new
took 8-9 days after parathyroidectomy to get to feeling and eating like normal. had my 2 week checkup with surgeon on thursday. waited over 40mins to get called back to exam room. younger chick came in, introduced herself as dr soandso and said she was working with my surgeon and started asking questions. my only real issue, the middle of my lower lip is numb. just a tiny spot, after the surgery it was numb like someone had punched it. she said, "sometimes nerves can get pressure on them during surgery and the feeling can take a while to return. when i came back in about 4 weeks, if not cleared up will look into it." she checked the incision and said it was doing great. we got done talking and i got up to leave as she did, she then said the surgeon would be in to see me in a min.
so wait some more and the surgeon comes in. she asks about the same questions and i tell her the same stuff. she says she has no idea why my lip would be numb and might happened during anesthesia. she says, don't need to come back and i am fully cleared.
2 weeks and have a phone checkup with endocrinologist, seems like they would want to do blood work and bone density test before that, but nope.

finally got my echocardiogram report
mild mitral valve regurgitation
mild tricuspid regurgitation
other than what i read on the web, don't know what this mean as none really define what mild would be. other than heart racing from time to time, not having any of the symptoms i saw.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well .....thought it was all over. Laying in a hospital bed currently, I had another seizure last night. This coming Friday was supposed to be my 3 month follow up. Fuck!

Will update when I get out of here. CT didn't show anything, waiting for an MRI.

• 11Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well .....thought it was all over. Laying in a hospital bed currently, I had another seizure last night. This coming Friday was supposed to be my 3 month follow up. Fuck!

Will update when I get out of here. CT didn't show anything, waiting for an MRI.
CT clean, MRI Clean, just had another EEG and it was good. Still don't have any answers. I am in a back room at the end of the floor so I was able to get some rest last night.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well gang, I'm home. I was able to cancel my 3 month follow up MRI as I aced the shit out of it yesterday! Had 2 more CT's (face / sinuses and spine) all normal. Still no real answer why I had a seizure. Weirdly my blood sodium is low and my potassium is on the low side of normal. Now I have to go back on seizure meds but that's not the end of the world. Don't want to do that again, it sucked!

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Goatface

went to ortho yesterday, got another shot in elbow. he said it wasn't tennis elbow, but similar. the shot was closer to the elbow and didn't hurt like the last one. it made the pain go away for a few hours, but came back and hurt worse last night. he said tendon needs to heal and have to wear the arm strap thingy. it seems to be helping. (my last shot was in dec 23, and it had been ok till june)

posted part of this in the rustled jimmies thread
had ct scan scheduled for 27th. i got the appointment on the 2nd. hospital people called monday saying it has not been approved yet and moved it till friday. later i called my insurance, they said the request for approval came in the 26th and they had til the 9th.
hospital people called again today and this time moved the scan to sept 10th. which meant had to move my urologist appointment that was on sept 3rd. called them, the chick said, oh we will need plenty of time to read the ct scan, and gave me oct 7th.
kidney stone(s) are already causing some minor pain and i really want to do the sound treatment instead of the dick snake. currently have at least 2 stones, 5mm and 8mm.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had tennis elbow years ago. It sucks in the way that no one believes you it's real. Only way I got it to heal was to take time off work and the gym and literally do nothing for a month.

I had frozen shoulder last year (and now have it in the other arm). It's the same shit. I did pretty intense 3x a week PT that made it much better.

• 2Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kajiimagi Kajiimagi you had part of your brain scooped out , they should have explained to you that seizures could be a side effect of that. The human brain is fundamentally the most complex conglomerate of circuitry in the known universe so mucking in there can lead to short circuits in and of itself, no tumor needed. but glad to hear there’s no recurrence. If your electrolytes were messed up that could certainly be a reason too

• 2Like