Hearthstone

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was watching dog play a combo druid last night (Aviana, Kun, Bran, Arakkoa whatever Cthun buff taunt guy, Cthun, ramp, draw) and he managed to get all the way to rank 12 legend before variance ate his lunch but Dirty Rat was the only way Reno Mage and Reno Warlock had any chance at all. As a means of disrupting combo decks Dirty Rat seems pretty good but trying to get value of it against other decks looks rough.

Card is pretty interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Dirty rat is, on average, bad if you just play it by itself. It's good in combination with things like doomsayer/AoE board clears or mind control tech.
Exactly, if you're not using your brain then don't blame cards for your ineptitude lol.
You don't just throw down rat in most cases... however, against Aggro it's usually average --> good. Sometimes you get a 7/7 when against Shaman, but you better have removal/aoe next turn.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I've made Aya already, and I drew Kun in a pack. I have no interest in Kazakus for a Reno deck.

What should I make next? I feel like a generic classic legend like Ragnaros is what I should snag. Is White Eyes that important for Jade Shaman? Is Patches the end all be all for cards to make?

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
So I've made Aya already, and I drew Kun in a pack. I have no interest in Kazakus for a Reno deck.

What should I make next? I feel like a generic classic legend like Ragnaros is what I should snag. Is White Eyes that important for Jade Shaman? Is Patches the end all be all for cards to make?

Get Rag before one of the expansion rares. He is a classic and slots into many decks.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I went with Rag, I really couldn't not finally make him.

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>

Kazakus is pretty strong, I would definitely craft him at some point. Rag was a solid choice, do you have Sylvanas yet?

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, rag was really coming on at the end of last expansion and he's been doing work for me in this expansion. Really good card for coming back with control or keeping the pressure on with aggro.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Kazakus is pretty strong, I would definitely craft him at some point. Rag was a solid choice, do you have Sylvanas yet?

No Sylvanas, I got Cairne and Alex from packs, not a lot of other Classic legends I can think of being worth it to make.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You don't see too much sylvanas these days, she's kinda too slow for this meta.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Krag

Peasant
Yeah, Sylvanas is mainly played in Renolock now - Reno mage and Reno priest at times.

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
So 3 of the top 5 decks in this meta use her. Nothing crushes pirate warrior, aggro shaman, and totem shaman like the Reno decks.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
IMO only Renolock uses Sylvanas, and not all of them. I like the Sylvanas+Shadowflame combo, or Sylvanas+PO if in a pinch.
She's very slow and not typical in Reno Priest/Mage

She was more widely used when Rag & C'Thun were everywhere but those cards are rarely used in this meta. Rag sees a bit more play, but not as much as pre-expansion.

If Rag continues to stay in Standard then Sylvanas will certainly be more widely used once the Patches meta isn't everywhere.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So 3 of the top 5 decks in this meta use her. Nothing crushes pirate warrior, aggro shaman, and totem shaman like the Reno decks.
Yeah, this.
IMO only Renolock uses Sylvanas, and not all of them. I like the Sylvanas+Shadowflame combo, or Sylvanas+PO if in a pinch.
She's very slow and not typical in Reno Priest/Mage
I've never seen her in reno mage/priest and doing so would only help those decks in the control matchup and hurt against the aggro matchups.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, this.

I've never seen her in reno mage/priest and doing so would only help those decks in the control matchup and hurt against the aggro matchups.

This is enforcing what I just said or ???

• 1Like

Krag

Peasant
She is in some of the more value oriented Reno mage lists, but the burn heavy ones with Antonidas are much more popular right now (and most likely better). Similarly she shows up in some of the non-dragon Reno priests, but again those are the less popular ones.

Sylvanas is obviously a really strong card and may become more popular once the next expansion hits if Blizzard thinks the pirate armies are a little too fast now and if they then manage to slow them down somewhat. Those are two gigantic ifs of course.

• 1Like