Hearthstone

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I was going to post that video too.

Kibler makes excellent points. Pretty much agree with all he says.

Since the expansion, My HS playing time has dropped off a cliff. I simply have no interest in this rock, paper, scissors meta. I was trying to play Control Warrior a couple of weeks ago and when I get matched against Jade Druid, I just conceded straight away. That is no fun at all when one deck type can hard counter an whole archetype. Whilst if I try to play another type of quirky deck, I get rolled over within 5 turns from all the Aggro. The meta is basically optimised Aggro Warrior/Shaman, Jade Druid or Reno decks or GTFO. My favourite class is Rogue and I know Miracle Rogue is strong at the moment but I really want some variation since I have been playing Miracle Rogue or some slight variation of it for what seems like an eternity now.

My favourite deck - Mill Rogue, is also completely dead because of aggro and Jade.

Arena is pretty fucked because of the huge card pool

I am very sure Team 5 will do nothing to change Hearthstone for the better now. Kibler even said he warned them about the evergreen set problem way back and they still went ahead with it. That is just arrogance. The fact that the pirate package went live without them realising the insane synergy it has with cheap weapons Warriors and Shamans is nothing short of ridiculous.

I also just log in to clear my quests in Casual these days and get my weekly free pack from Tavern Brawl and done. I am pretty sure I will drop the game altogether very soon now as I don't even feel like doing that anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I've sadly replaced my HS time with Overwatch but the difference here is it won't cost me $100+ a year. Not sure why anyone would get into this game now.

• 2Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've sadly replaced my HS time with Overwatch but the difference here is it won't cost me $100+ a year. Not sure why anyone would get into this game now.

Well, OW and HS are kind of very different games. Obviously there's a lot of overlap on this forum of players but in the wild, most people that play OW may not have interest in HS and vice versa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't particularly find any decks right now that enjoyable to play. I like my pirate Jade Rogue, but it's just not that good/consistent. Kun/Malygos Druid is amusing, but again not very consistent. I'm not huge into Reno decks.

These have all kind of resulted in me playing less. I don't think the game sucks or anything, it's the current decks are too samesy for me to really enjoy it. This has resulted in me spending my time doing a lot of other stuff instead (Overwatch, D3, Everspace). I still play a decent amount, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first month in a long long time (ever?) that I didn't hit rank 5.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I like jade shaman but i stalled at around 10. RIP. Still terrible at reno and refuse to play pirate aids. Quests and nothing else for me I guess.

• 1Like

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hit my breaking point last when I played 6 shamans in a row. The ladder is cancer.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I like jade shaman but i stalled at around 10. RIP. Still terrible at reno and refuse to play pirate aids. Quests and nothing else for me I guess.
What version are you using? I'm 1 star away from 4 using the N'zoth version. Consistently beats reno decks, aggro shaman, and miracle rogue. Freeze mage is a joke; I just had one of them concede when I countered Alex with Brann + Jinyu to heal for +12.

Aggro warrior is dicey but I win 99% of the time if I can get the right opening hand (the ideal being Mistress, Swamp Ooze, Maelstrom Portal)
Dragon priest is a toss up and usually goes to whomever curves better
Only played against jade rogue twice. Curb stomped it once, got curb stomped by it once.

Shaman - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What version are you using? I'm 1 star away from 4 using the N'zoth version. Consistently beats reno decks, aggro shaman, and miracle rogue. Freeze mage is a joke; I just had one of them concede when I countered Alex with Brann + Jinyu to heal for +12.

Aggro warrior is dicey but I win 99% of the time if I can get the right opening hand (the ideal being Mistress, Swamp Ooze, Maelstrom Portal)
Dragon priest is a toss up and usually goes to whomever curves better
Only played against jade rogue twice. Curb stomped it once, got curb stomped by it once.

Shaman - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

I use this with minor modifications (i swap out lightning storm for white eyes occasionally and sometimes do other shit, depends on the mood):

[RANK 5] Midrange Jade Lotus - Hearthstone Decks

I am pretty sure I am terrible at this game so that doesnt help. The stall has been real though the last few days however it is by far the most fun deck for me to play. That and reno mage is all i really do now.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
After thinking on it some more, it's definitely not that I dislike the game, I just dislike the ladder experience. I really really enjoyed Heroic Tavern Brawl. I would play the fuck out of this game if there was in game tournaments that you could do whenever you wanted and they hit x number of players. Legends of Norrath had a really good system for this, but nobody played it because fuck SOE. I don't want to deal with all the shenanigans of open tournaments from random sites with all the bullshit, just give me something ingame. Ladder is just an unrewarding shitshow that encourages you to play decks like Pirate/Jade Shaman and Pirate/Dragon Warrior that I don't really want to play.

• 2Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I rage quit disenchanted my cards months ago because this game is cancer.

I played my brothers account over the weekend just to see the meta.

Almost disenchanted his collection too.

Fuck this cancerous game. It's little more than roulette, flipping coins

Dumb

• 2Salty

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I rage quit disenchanted my cards months ago because this game is cancer.

I played my brothers account over the weekend just to see the meta.

Almost disenchanted his collection too.

Fuck this cancerous game. It's little more than roulette, flipping coins

Dumb

14729.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol "if Pirates don't lose some steam, the developers will intervene." Not gonna happen you idiots. Patches is too strong. This is what I told anyone that was on the fence about crafting Patches. I said, just craft him, you'll eventually be able to get all your dust back, and the same is probably true for Small-Time Buccaneer.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Patches is strong but fine, STB is OP and the main problem.

STB is definitely worse overall. But the Patches mechanic is super strong, for reasons already discussed. MTG learned this long ago. It's just not as noticeable because the benefit it brings happens behind the scenes, whereas a 3/2 on turn 2 is very visibly oppressive.

I'll be happy to bring in all the dust from all my saved up STB's.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If Patches was the main issue then you'd see non-weapon classes playing pirates too. I never played MTG but I gotta believe there are some big differences. Keep in mind Patches is a 1-of in any deck. Thinning decks isn't unique to patches. We've had other cards that did worse (MC/Scientist).

STB is also the enabler of killing turn 2 doomsayer.
I'm confident Patches won't be nerfed, but STB should see a change.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
interesting brawl, wonder what people will figure out here.

my first attempt is a jade/reno/Mill druid:

Innervate
Jade Idol
Naturalize
Coldlight Oracle
Savage Roar
Jade Blossom
Reno Jackson
Starfall
Poison Seeds
Auctioneer

REMOVED: Fandral

--------------
I've learned already that you can't mill your opponent. But this still seems kinda strong lol.
Probably wont be thinking that after a few rounds.

I think Naturalize can easily be nixxed, though it is a good way to remove big targets.

Edit removed Fandral cause don't want him screwing up Reno.
Added Auctioneer for the draw engine.
You should never use the 3 copies choice on idol

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I built a retarded Mage deck...

babbling book
mana wyrm
frostbolt
Sorcerer's apprentice ******
Arcane Intellect ******
Flamewalker ******
Forgotten Torch
Ice Block
Fireball
Cabalist Tome

The starred cards are the only important ones...You can mix others in, but those are the engine. You could probably do something similar with Rogue, but it lacks the sorcerer's apprentice, but does have prep...Drawn cards are 1 cost spells to discover a card. With the Sorcerer's apprentice you can basically just go infinite. Iceblock is fun too.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ran against a brick wall. Priest with Lightbomb/Death/Kazakus, game wouldn't end, eventually he disconnected. My Jades were 30/30 but none could stick.

I was sure it would end in a draw if he didn't DC.

I'm going to nix Starfall for either a 1/1 boar with charge or a Bolf.
Can save Savages/Innervates for an onslaught of boars but Bolf seems fun too lol.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I had good luck with midrange jade shaman with evolves and dopplegangsters. Got rank 5 and pretty much quit standard after that. It's okay vs aggro, and control matchups are pretty easy, since 3 six drops are very hard to clear unless you have a twisting nether and if I have any kind of board I just bloodlust them dead.

Wild I got rank 10 with pirate hunter, there is no practical difference between standard and wild ATM. Pirates are everywhere.

• 1Like