Hearthstone

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did lock with reno and kazakus. Nothing else really mattered.
it'S become so common now I am just considering dropping the scarab for Beneath the grounds flat out and play with the 9 remaining cards once I nuked their no duplicate decks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What a clusterfuck.

Yeah, sounds like the final team is way too small. Supposedly play 3-4 months and they can't figure out basic overpowered stuff from the first few weeks of release. They are right, though. "There are TONS of designers that don't work directly on the card sets" and it shows. It shows in no time at all.

I just died on turn 4 against pirate rogue but they tested for 4 months. Yeah, right....

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Krag

Peasant
Ooze value

JeKHcqe.jpg

I would have won even without the ooze since I had ice block up and Reno in hand and he was out of cards, but that still felt good.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ice block up
Reno in hand

never post a pic again.

feelz good

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Who has challenge a friend? Add me and we'll each get 160g. Morrowgirl#1685. Will be online afk for another hour or two.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
What a clusterfuck.

Pretty sure this is almost exactly how MTG is done, except with no recourse to fix things other than banning them if they fuck up and let something broken slip through. The design team works on theme, etc and the cards, then the dev team tunes everything.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
'Ben Brode on how long until Pirates walk the plank'

Quote from Tim Clark and Ben Brode

• They don't want to announce a nerf too far out from it actually happening. If they would, people would feel bad losing against a card they know is going to get nerfed.
  • Ben Brode agrees that Small-Time Buccaneer is the problematic card in the Pirate package, not Patches the Pirate. If they decide to change something, it would be Small-Time Buccaneer.
  • They intentionally nerfed Molten Giant really hard because they didn't want people to play that card anymore as it was hurting the ability for Standard to change.
  • Hypothetically, if they would ever decide to move Classic cards to Wild it would probably be cards like Ragnaros the Firelord because they limit the design space for their mana cost a lot and limit the ability for Standard feel more fresh.
  • Ben is not sure if he agrees with Brian Kibler that cheap weapons are a problem in general or if it's only a problem with a few specific weapons.
  • The team was a bit disappointed that Shaman got even more popular after Karazhan, as that was not their intention.
  • For example, Spirit Claws was intended for a new type of Shaman deck, and not for the current Shaman decks at the time.
  • Ben worries about a big expansion concept / theme failing to land.
  • C'Thun was one of the most risky things they have ever done and it turned out perfect from a balance perspective.
  • Ben thinks the Grimy Goons mechanic will be used more in the future, once the meta slows down a bit.
  • They try to have a good balance in 'obvious' mechanics like Jade where you just put as much of them in your deck as you can, and cards that require a bit more deck building skill to utilize.

Just reading this literally makes me angry. Ben Brode is a fucking idiot. It seems like that entire team is full of idiots. It's like giving the keys to a Porsche to your 16 year old kid.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
OK fuck this Obama son game. Done. Pirates and gay ass random shit like discovering perfect fucking cards sucks my asshole. Good day Blizzard. Eat a bag of shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It is really sad. Their refusal to nerf problematic cards in a timely fashion has ruined the game. They could speed up development and take more risks if they were willing to make changes quicker.

I hate, hate, hate the stupid "card reveals" leading up to new expansions. It's dumb as hell. It's hyping up shit that is mostly garbage.

If they were smart they'd rethink their entire card release strategy.

One big thing they could do, which would be risky for sure, but would set it apart from non-digital card games, is have a WEEKLY card release. If the card causes big issues they should be quicker to make changes. There are plenty of "safe" cards they could make and maybe once-in-a-while they take a risk on something really cool.

Tie these weekly releases to a quest or something.

It's a COLLECTIBLE card game yet I feel like the collecting part is sorely lacking. I also wouldn't mind some foils above goldens.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've switched to playing Wild and Arena...The standard is no fun.
Yea but Arena is simply a tempo game, even more braindead than Standard.
Wild is plagued with all the problematic cards of the past, not really interesting at all, can't even play some of the nostalgic decks since they've been nerfed from existence.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea but Arena is simply a tempo game, even more braindead than Standard.
Wild is plagued with all the problematic cards of the past, not really interesting at all, can't even play some of the nostalgic decks since they've been nerfed from existence.
I'll take a tempostone with higher card variation over the curvestone and rock/paper/scissors that is standard.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'll take a tempostone with higher card variation over the curvestone and rock/paper/scissors that is standard.
Curve and Tempo are the same thing.
Standard is the vomit meta. Vomit all your cards onto the board and hope you win before turn 6

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tempo and curve generally are the same. But with the higher card variation in arena, playing on curve does not exactly mean great tempo. That's why I used the different terms.

• 1Like