Hearthstone

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I was thinking about this this morning. Why did they not release some counter cards for the new Gadgetzan archetypes?

Anti-Hand buff "Opposing player reshuffles 3 minions from hand into deck and draws new cards"

Anti-Jade "Destroy a Jade Idol, reduce jade counter by 2"

Anti-Potion "All potions in opponents hand cost 2 more"

I realize these don't directly impact the popular Meta decks, except maybe the Jade one, but I feel like the game could benefit from more specialized cards and a sideboard like MTG. Ooze is the only specialized counter I can think of, and that's because even without it's battle cry it's a 3/2 for 2. Make new cards Like Kraken "All pirates in play take 1 damage at the end of your turn"

Versus nerfing current cards, adding more tools to fight against different decks would be a lot more interesting. It would force people to decide between building a hyper focused deck, or or semi focused with room to contain utility cards to fight opposing archetypes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the idea I saw on Reddit about a Mutineer card to counter pirates: "All pirates attack a random minion" or something similar.
Would be hella funny and probably buggy as hell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
None of those tech hate cards ever work out very well, Blizzard would make them too understatted and/or overcosted to work as comeback mechanisms. You know what would be great tools for this meta? Zombie Chow and Sludge Belcher. Bring them to evergreen and send some of the problematic classic cards to wild. Bring back Loatheb while you're at it IMO.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually chow would even kind of suck, which speaks to Kibler's point about cheap weapons. But still, better than mistress. Bring back healbot maybe too.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
None of those tech hate cards ever work out very well, Blizzard would make them too understatted and/or overcosted to work as comeback mechanisms. You know what would be great tools for this meta? Zombie Chow and Sludge Belcher. Bring them to evergreen and send some of the problematic classic cards to wild. Bring back Loatheb while you're at it IMO.

Harrison, Black Knight, BGH, Ooze, Hungry Crab, Kezan Mystic

All tech cards that have seen play at some point in Hearthstone's life.
Just depends on the meta. 3 classes with pirates could warrant a tech card.
Also if Beneath the Ground wasn't rogue only I bet you'd see more classes tech it to counter Reno decks.
Could have a tech card "place 2 copies into your opponent's deck".

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Also if Beneath the Ground wasn't rogue only I bet you'd see more classes tech it to counter Reno decks.

I would include what Famm mentioned as tech cards as well, Sludge Belcher, healbot, and chow. The problem is related to your weekly card release solution. They don't update or change things with any alacrity. I know nerfing is a big deal...so spend a lot more time testing your product. Infested Tauren would have been a fantastic solution if the death-rattle slime had been a 1/2 taunt. They add retarded taunt creatures like a 2/1 for 1, a 3/2 for 2, and a 4/3 for 3 which shows they aren't willing to take the aggro problem seriously. Dragon priest is so effective because they do have a 2/4 for 2. I love how they don't want to neuter aggro but made Jade Idol which is a direct neuter to control. They have to get serious and honest about the game they want because they are saying one thing, and doing completely different things.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think people on this board overstate what exactly Jade Idol does. It definitely isn't a hard counter to control, it's a hard counter to fatigue. It's like a 50/50 to Renolock in my experience because that deck can have enough answers to last long enough to win. Control decks don't auto lose to it, they have to play differently and try to win the game. It's the decks that win by you being unable to win that are hard countered. Jade Druid isn't a fast or consistent deck either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea Jade Idol isn't a big deal.
You just need to play differently, and yea, you won't win them all.
It's no different than Freeze Mage going against Control Warrior. It's like 20/80 or something lol. I don't think any control deck will have that poor of a win rate vs Jade Druid. Fatigue decks are screwed though.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The only ones that have really seen consistent play have been Ooze and pre-nerf BGH. Ooze because its cheap and well statted for the cost, although that Kibler argument is that its still a net tempo loss many times. BGH because it was wildly cheap for what it did and the meta was target rich, Boom primarily.

Harrison, BK and KM all are tough to slot in due to the cost and conditions. Despite Harrison and BK having huge potential swings, they are so meta dependant that they really haven't been consistent enough to be widely played in most metas. I seriously question that Hungry Crab ever saw significant play, I know there were times its been used a little bit but nothing worth noting in the grand scheme of the game's life. Any of those cards also turn into pretty weak/dead draws in the wrong matchups, especially KM.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Anyone getting a message when logging in that the game is having trouble locating your collection, so shit might be missing? Logged out and back in several times, no fix.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Did anyone log in today with a lot more cards? Must be some new event. I dusted them all immediately and logged out to save it.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
For you this tavern brawl is the worst ever and useless fucking garbage.

bEc5k0d.gif

it is Wednesday.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
While it's a shame that such an awful movie ended up being the last well known role of such a fantastic actor, at least he is immortalized by that fantastic meme.

• 1Like