Hearthstone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sent a friend request to the 2 people looking to trade 80 gold

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Watched the entire tournament over the weekend. The amount of coinflip outcomes off the bat, top decks, rng from retarded rng cards, and misplays made me sad that i have any desire to play the game. The two streamed matches of Tarei made me literally mad. The first one against Napoleon where he allowed himself to be milled twice (edit: he was playing Reno mage), made a SERIOUS misplay and still fucking won... holy shit.

Professional player. Brann-Soulcasters his Kazakus. Drops a 10 mana potion, something (can't remember the first effect) and 3 demons in hand. GETS KRUL, DOOMGUARD AND FEARSOME DOOMGUARD! Chuckles on screen, next turn drops Krul, thinking Krul would also pull the two other demons, NOPE DUMB FUCK YOU HAVE TWO KAZAKUSES IN YOUR DECK! Still goes on to win by a land slide. #Justrngthings.

Also, the most brought 4 deck combo being pirate war, aggro shaman, aggro rogue, and tempo mage made me fucking sick.

The game is not in a good place right now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
There's no doubt I make misplays and then realize it either immediately after or a couple games later, but you're right, some of the plays these pros make are pants on head retarded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Watched the entire tournament over the weekend. The amount of coinflip outcomes off the bat, top decks, rng from retarded rng cards, and misplays made me sad that i have any desire to play the game. The two streamed matches of Tarei made me literally mad. The first one against Napoleon where he allowed himself to be milled twice (edit: he was playing Reno mage), made a SERIOUS misplay and still fucking won... holy shit.

Professional player. Brann-Soulcasters his Kazakus. Drops a 10 mana potion, something (can't remember the first effect) and 3 demons in hand. GETS KRUL, DOOMGUARD AND FEARSOME DOOMGUARD! Chuckles on screen, next turn drops Krul, thinking Krul would also pull the two other demons, NOPE DUMB FUCK YOU HAVE TWO KAZAKUSES IN YOUR DECK! Still goes on to win by a land slide. #Justrngthings.

Also, the most brought 4 deck combo being pirate war, aggro shaman, aggro rogue, and tempo mage made me fucking sick.

The game is not in a good place right now.

I mean, I understand being pissed off at times, but its not like the game is in any different a place than ever before. There's always like 2-3 meta decks, it's just the flavor that changes. The firebat video was saying how TURN 1 was basically a coinflip, which made your games very boring since you basically know the outcome from the beginning. Other types of RNG has been prevalent in this game since forever though.

The biggest problem this game has is the length developers let the game stagnate. I really hope the outcries spur the devs to make changes more rapidly. It's really fine to have a pirate aggro meta for a month, but we're on 3 months now. (MSG released Dec 1st, can you believe it?).

Since ranks reset every month, Blizzard really should strive to do balance passes the 1st week of every month, just so each ranked season can feel refreshed. Right now it's just pirates for the 3rd time in a row, zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Pros making mistakes is refreshing to me. Too much of the game is on rails. Seeing bad decisions enforces that there is some skill involved.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yep, this game isn't good enough to last longer than 2 months without something changing. The 3 expansions a year help but they really need to hire some testers. I'm 7 wins from golden shammy and the last 40 have been a massive slog. I enjoyed priest, lock, and hunter. Pally was ok but getting shammy here has been awful. Just not an aggro/RnG fan and that's really the best shammy deck for the past 9 months now. I can easily get druid but don't know how Ill get warr or rogue to the promised land. Combined 200 wins between those heroes.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Rogue is my last and even though they are a top-tier deck this meta, I still can't bring myself to play the class. It's just too painful trying to play any sort of mid-range or control rogue.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So many dragon and reno priests today and its the only really bad match up for reno mage. I was doing pretty good against one, he played both operatives and I was still ahead in resources and then on 10 mana he brann + netherspites, which of course gets him an operative so he essentially just got to add 3 more cards to his deck. I think reno priest will be strong after the nerfs.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So many dragon and reno priests today and its the only really bad match up for reno mage. I was doing pretty good against one, he played both operatives and I was still ahead in resources and then on 10 mana he brann + netherspites, which of course gets him an operative so he essentially just got to add 3 more cards to his deck. I think reno priest will be strong after the nerfs.

I agree Reno Priest is most likely to survive. I think a Demon-Renolock could potentially happen too if there are any decent healing cards to come. Demons already worked once, just need more shit like Mal'Ganis and Voidcaller

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The next person that says that Hearthstone requires any skill is going to get shit on.

Who was saying that disenchanting your collection is the only way? It is.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That was me! Haven't really regretted it yet either like I thought I would. I usually get buyer's remorse pretty bad.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The game is random as fuck but the same people keep winning over and over. There must be some other factor involved.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Competitive is a game of 90% RNG and 10% skill
The skill is 2 parts:
1. Reading your opponents hand
2. Giving yourself the most outs

Ladder is 99% grind, 1% skill.

• 2Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The game is random as fuck but the same people keep winning over and over. There must be some other factor involved.

I've watched a lot of pro-player streams over the past 6 months and my conclusions are the following:

1.) You need to not be retarded (and the majority are not),
2.) You need to know the meta,
3.) You need to minimize your tilt,
4.) You need to invest time.

Out of the four, i think the tilt part is maybe the most important. And i think this is most visible in players like Pavel, who's been winning all over the place and doesn't flinch at any play.

I tilt. I lose in some way that is completely out of my control and based on rng, i tilt. I'm done playing with any semblance of reason for the day when that happens, but i continue playing in a lot of cases. Pros don't do that. Win a game, lose a game, queue up again. Over and over and over. Hundreds of games a day. Practice makes perfect.

I'll give you an example of a game that i just had.

Queue up anti-aggro Reno lock, after facing a mix of 3 pirate warriors and 3 aggro shamans in a row over 6 games while playing random decks. Queue into a control warrior. Guy plays Grimestreet Informants. Ok.

The game goes down to the wire after like 25 minutes. His first discover he gets an Ironforge Portal. Ironforge Portal gets him an Eerie Statue. Second discover gets him Rag-Lightlord. At one point he has the two on board, after clearing my board. I kill his Rag-Lightlord and drop Kazakus plus a Second-Rate Bruiser. My best 10 mana potion option is rez 3 and get 3 demons in hand. He kills Kazakus and the Bruiser and hits face for 7. Next turn i drop the potion, it gives me 3 random shits on board and 3 demons in hand. My hand is 9 cards including 5 minions. One of them is a potion-rng Jaraxxus. Meanwhile, my own Jaraxxus is bottom 3 cards. Next turn he Dirty Rats the Jaraxxus from my hand (which is my win condition against him) and Brawls. So on board we have 2 of his minions and 4 of mine. The Eerie Statue wins. He hits me for another 7. Bashes for 3 and attacks with the remaining damage of his Gorehowl and wins.

How the fuck do i not tilt after that?

I friend request in order to call him a cocksucker and complain to him about how Hearthstone takes 0 skill. He accepts and responds with a cyka blyat hieroglyph text that i don't understand. I realize he's Russian and that berating him will accomplish nothing. I log off.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How do you not tilt? I dont know, dont get mad over a video game? Go outside and have a nice weekend? Christ.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I friend request in order to call him a cocksucker and complain to him about how Hearthstone takes 0 skill. He accepts and responds with a cyka blyat hieroglyph text that i don't understand. I realize he's Russian and that berating him will accomplish nothing. I log off.

LOL.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wait though. So if you have a Golden Ragnoros and a Regular Ragnoros, you'll get 1600 dust back or 3200? If I have a regular Ragnoros, and I want to craft a golden Ragnoros, is it basically free or is it essentially half off? Because at the moment I'll get 1600 for Ragnoros, but if I have golden Ragnoros I'll get 3200, so that means golden Rag is half off? I'm so confused. Seems free and seems like everyone should craft a full set of each.

• 1Like