Hearthstone

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So last night I was watching a stream from Reynad while he did constructed at rank 2ish. When I tuned in, he was playing control warrior and giants warlock, but he was on a losing streak. He lost something like 6 of the 7 games I watched. In frustration, he created and played a generic murlock warlock deck. With the murlocs, he instantly turned it around and at rank 3 he won something like 8 out of 10 games, with it not even being close.

It was strange to watch, since me being ranked in the teens, my decks laugh at murlocs, but these rank 3 through legendary decks, with extreme budgets were just getting raped by a cheap murloc deck game after game.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that dude was still streaming this morning, watching him lose made me feel good because he raged. It made my rationalize all the rage I feel, he was rank 1 this morning and almost at legendary. Beast mode if he stayed straight up playing.

Hate whats your bnet ID hooker?

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh look, its the mtg is such a superior game discussion in the hearthstone thread again, like that hasn't been brought up 100x already; quick someone post how much better hex/M&M is.
Oh no. Somebody compared game x to game z in game x's thread.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's not even about saying one is better. It's about this game that is hugely popular and very polished and well done visually having significant issues due to conscious design decisions. I bitch because I want to like it long term but playing it feels like "Baby's First CCG" instead of a real premium competitive title.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I think that dude was still streaming this morning, watching him lose made me feel good because he raged. It made my rationalize all the rage I feel, he was rank 1 this morning and almost at legendary. Beast mode if he stayed straight up playing.

Hate whats your bnet ID hooker?
Hatorade#1550

I keep saying fuck this game yet I keep doing at least the dailies, no idea WTF is real anymore.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
playing it feels like "Baby's First CCG"
Its a Blizzard game, that really shouldn't be a surprise. Maybe the design decisions shouldn't be surprising at this point either (D3) but some of the changes they make just seem inexcusably poorly thought-out.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I basically only do the dailies at the moment also, this game for some reason makes me emotional when I lose.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Priests had one heal that wasn't Holy Fire they'd be so good vs Mages. Practicing a Priest deck I plan on playing after patch and I am like 50/50 with it at rank 10... vs (so far) only Mages. After patch it'll probably be pretty one-sided though, waiting for Pyro means the Priest has a couple more turns to hero power, so it'll come down to how well the early game went. Games at rank 10 are so much longer, no matter what deck I'm playing people manage to just drag it out with solid play.
Yeah, I was strongly considering rolling a priest once the patch is out. Seems like late game control is the new popular thing and thats one thing priests can do.

It's not even about saying one is better. It's about this game that is hugely popular and very polished and well done visually having significant issues due to conscious design decisions. I bitch because I want to like it long term but playing it feels like "Baby's First CCG" instead of a real premium competitive title.
I don't know man, developers have already stated some of the other ideas they already had in before closed beta and they felt it slowed the game down too much. While I'm sure they'll continually add things to the game to give it more variety/depth I don't think this game will ever be mtg without lands.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like the patch is out. Time to DE some stuff and craft a legendary. I already have Sylvanas, what should I make next? Thinking either Thalanos or Ragnaros.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the patch is out. Time to DE some stuff and craft a legendary. I already have Sylvanas, what should I make next? Thinking either Thalanos or Ragnaros.
Depends on what you play. Both are really good though and you won't go wrong with either. For what it's worth, I think Thalnos is more useful but Ragnaros has a more noticeable impact on the game. Thalnos is subtle. You don't realize it at first but when you look back you'll realize that without Thalnos to turn Swipe into a 5 main 2 AOE nuke, you'd have lost the game. With Ragnaros you see exactly what's going on.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Argent defender change effects basically nothing. UTH was still a useful card after the nerf, now for some reason they wanted it to be better and are making it possibly overpowered again in a different way. They could have nerfed OTK Warrior giant decks in a much less heavy handed way than nerfing charge and warsong to hell and back. Blood Imp could have used a slight tweak but instead they reworked the card in multiple ways that throw it completely out of wack from how it was. Just seems like they don't really have anyone playing their own game sometimes.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depends on what you play. Both are really good though and you won't go wrong with either. For what it's worth, I think Thalnos is more useful but Ragnaros has a more noticeable impact on the game. Thalnos is subtle. You don't realize it at first but when you look back you'll realize that without Thalnos to turn Swipe into a 5 main 2 AOE nuke, you'd have lost the game. With Ragnaros you see exactly what's going on.
I did the Thalnos, Rag will be next. With the nerf to the draw gnomes I removed both those from my mage and druid deck and replaced them with one loot hoarder and one Thalnos.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Argent defender change effects basically nothing. UTH was still a useful card after the nerf, now for some reason they wanted it to be better and are making it possibly overpowered again in a different way. They could have nerfed OTK Warrior giant decks in a much less heavy handed way than nerfing charge and warsong to hell and back. Blood Imp could have used a slight tweak but instead they reworked the card in multiple ways that throw it completely out of wack from how it was. Just seems like they don't really have anyone playing their own game sometimes.
So not core design then, just balancing changes during beta.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I did the Thalnos, Rag will be next. With the nerf to the draw gnomes I removed both those from my mage and druid deck and replaced them with one loot hoarder and one Thalnos.
Thalnos was a good choice. I use him more than Rag myself. Ragnaros wouldn't have been a wrong choice though.