Hearthstone

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I can only stand to play until I go up against a secret pally that curves out perfectly. Needless to say I only get in 3 or 4 games a day now. Any ideas on a good time waster I can play on my laptop while I watch Dual Survival reruns? This game fucking sucks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I honestly don't think Antonidas belongs in tempo mage. For every match where he bails you out, there are three more where he just gets in the way. This is the list I use. Rhonin is a tolerable replacement for Rag, he'd be good in standard if tempo mage survives the loss of mad scientist.

rrr_img_126326.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is tempo mage similar to secret paladin in that if you lose board, it's hard to win? Seems like a blizzard or flamestrike would be good comeback tools.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah tempo mage ran flamestrike for a while then eventually every list cut it. It's better to just focus on trying to stay ahead.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, how do you handle decks that do run AE then? Druids with swipe, secret paladins geared for mirror(2 consecrate), reno locks. Really demoralizing to face multiple board clears and have nothing to come back with.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tempo mage is probably the single most inconsistent ladder viable deck there is. Play something else if you don't like getting wrecked by board clears.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haha, I figured it would be just something like along the lines of "You just lose then". I wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. I'm still new to laddering, used to tempo gameplay in arena where flamestrike is king.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best you can do is try not to over-extend into it, unless you draw nothing but gas and are confident you can finish them off even after a board clear. Also I've seen a lot of lists swapping duplicate for mirror entity, mirror entity is easy for everyone except druids to play around, and tempo mage doesn't really mind duplicating anything in their list (except scientist)

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My list is a little sub-optimal because I wanted to make it all Golden and did it with what I could (though I had to craft a few). I'd switch up the secrets a bit if I had golden. I could craft a golden Duplicate but since it's going away soon meh. The MCT is retarded, I would replace it with Arcane Blast but I'm not wasting 1600 dust, or a second Azure Drake, maybe even a Flamecannon (but that's going away too).

lYp4SSo.png

My list only loses Unstable Portal and Mad Scientist for Standard, so that's interesting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're also effectively losing mirror entity, which damn sure isn't a tempo play if you aren't getting it out for free with mad scientist.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Renolock seems to be tearing it up atm, but then again I'm still ranking up from the beginning of the month and only rank 13 so I suppose it doesn't really matter what I play.

Also, not even renolock as I haven't had to use him really, just handlock in general.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
I play the exact deck and I can't count how many times Ragnaros has won the game or set me up to win.
I honestly don't think Antonidas belongs in tempo mage. For every match where he bails you out, there are three more where he just gets in the way. This is the list I use. Rhonin is a tolerable replacement for Rag, he'd be good in standard if tempo mage survives the loss of mad scientist.

rrr_img_126326.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I just don't get this game sometimes. Trying out tempo mage and I'm already down one whole rank. Same shit with secret paladin. I don't understand how you guys are even close to "crushing it" with these decks.