Hearthstone

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This brawl was dumb as fuck the last time and it's dumb as fuck now. I play everything right and get raped by RNG every game. 7 losses in a row now, at least 3 of them had a turn 1 or 2 owl drop. What the fuck.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This brawl is made for win trading with your friends.

Back up to r7 with zoo after slipping down to r11 with tempo mage. I don't get this game sometimes.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Part of the thing about Tempo Mage is knowing when to hold your cards for combo and when to just play them. Some games you're just going to lose to draw though

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
If you're new to a deck go play Casual for a few games just to get a feel for it. The meta in casual isn't very different from Ranked in all reality. But if you care about losing rank than Casual gives you a good feel for the deck, how to mulligan and when to make certain moves.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
God damnit, lol. My Sylvanas steals Auchenai and I'm not paying attention and drop Reno....nuke myself for 30.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This brawl is made for win trading with your friends.

Back up to r7 with zoo after slipping down to r11 with tempo mage. I don't get this game sometimes.
Which list are you using? I just win streaked into rank 5. 5-0 today for quest. 2 Secret Paladins, 1 Tempo Mage (with Water Elemental etc), 1 Druid, 1 Priest (controlish with Deathlords and Entombs)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Which list are you using? I just win streaked into rank 5. 5-0 today for quest. 2 Secret Paladins, 1 Tempo Mage (with Water Elemental etc), 1 Druid, 1 Priest (controlish with Deathlords and Entombs)
The one gavinmad posted. I just winstreaked up to 5 with zoo, so I'd like to think I have a general sense of what I'm doing with this game. I even played some(7?) games in casual before entering ranked.

Are there some streamers playing tempo that I could watch? Besides you, it says you're offline.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tempo is mostly played by scrubs. It's a good metagame call if you're running into a lot of druid on the ladder, other than that, it's a bunch of 50/50 matchups with a deck that is already a bunch of coinflips.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The one gavinmad posted. I just winstreaked up to 5 with zoo, so I'd like to think I have a general sense of what I'm doing with this game. I even played some(7?) games in casual before entering ranked.

Are there some streamers playing tempo that I could watch? Besides you, it says you're offline.
I'd try something closer to mine tbh. I think the Water Elementals and Counterspell are no good. I'm pretty meh on the usefulness of Flamecannon and Arcane Blast (though I think 1 Blast is good). TBH Mirror Image saves my ass a ton

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree about the Water Elementals. Only use I got was to freeze one control warrior's death's bite who was too stupid to figure out he could manually shatter it and clear half my board.

Arcane Blasts seem somewhat useful. I might be biased by the dust cost, but whatever.

Counterspell, yeah, I might drop that if I play this more.

Anyone know who popularized that shadowform priest? I'd say it's a shitty deck, I've never lost to it, but I'm seeing it at high ranks.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't been playing this month cause really bored and waiting for the standard patch but still need rank 5, so decided to play some secret paladin this morning.
Waiting till mid-month makes ranking up so damn easy. Haven't lost a single game so far going from 17 to 9. That's like 13 or so wins in a row? Wasn't keeping track.
Should get a little harder now, but still, secret paladin is a dumb deck. Really can't wait till the meta shakes up with standard

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I dont think we will see changes until sometime in March. That's not really a long time though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think you'll have notice when it's coming, it won't be a silent drop
I said reasonable, not likely. But I can dream! Honestly, a stale meta like this one is far worse to me than shit like the days of Undertaker and Patron. I had some fun decks that would absolutely mop the floor with Patron while still being perfectly competitive against the rest of the ladder. In the Undertaker days I farmed midrange hunters like mad with turbo face hunter.

But this meta? Mysterious Challenger is very strong but it isn't broken. The strength of secret paladin is the total accumulation of so many powerful neutral minions, supported by very strong early and midgame class cards. Then Challenger has the double whammy of flooding the board with a lot of effects at once while also thinning your deck out to make sure you're more likely to be drawing power. If Challenger was nerfed tomorrow? Normal midrange paladin would replace it and the meta would barely hiccup. There would be a little re-arranging since midrange is slower but more inevitable than secret, so Reno and Freeze mage would be a little better, Druid would be a little worse (but most likely still #1), and that's it.

Since most of the top decks in the meta are just blunt force MY LIST IS POWERFUL CARDS, they don't have any hard counters like Undertaker and Patron did, which stifles deckbuilding like crazy. A stale balanced meta is far worse than a meta with one clearly overpowered deck/card.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting take. I'm not sure I disagree with it from an analytical standpoint, but I disagree from a feels standpoint.

I've played a lot of secret paladin and I just haven't felt op like patron warrior did. I hate drawing weak secrets before turn 6. Or MC onto an empty board which just screams BGH me bro. I'll readily admit that this could be user error, but I thought secret paladin was supposed to be as dumb as a powerful deck could get. As straightforward as just vomit shit onto the board can get.

I'm not faulting anyone who enjoys the deck building aspect of a healthy meta, but I get absolutely nothing out of that. Oh, I'm facing a lot of this, I'll tech in these counters. Face string of completely different decks next that make your tech choices stupid! Probably something I just need to learn how to do better.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I dont agree at all. A balanced meta means more options. Nothing is worse than losing out of nowhere because of a broken card or interaction. Or starting out behind the 8 ball and never getting a solid chance to compete. If there were competitive decks during those times, then there are plenty of competitive decks right now.