Hell or High Water: neo-western from the writer of Sicario

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This movie was amazing I thought. My girlfriend and I both walked out enthralled. She doesn't care for country but loved the soundtrack so much she got a bunch of it as soon as we got back

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Was pretty awesome. The entire scene at the end was perfect. Shame this seems to have gotten such a limited release & very little press.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Just to reiterate this movie was awesome and it releases this month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Just to reiterate: This movie's pretty good, it's a bummer it didn't get more coverage, and you should watch when you have a chance.

(I'd put it in spot 3 or 4 for me for the year: Definitely below Cap America 3 and Deadpool, fighting with The Nice Guys for #3.)

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I liked it more than all of those but Deadpool personally. Beautiful film too.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just to reiterate: This movie's pretty good, it's a bummer it didn't get more coverage, and you should watch when you have a chance.

(I'd put it in spot 3 or 4 for me for the year: Definitely below Cap America 3 and Deadpool, fighting with The Nice Guys for #3.)

What are you, twelve years old? You're putting this behind two comic book movies? This is one of the best dramas that's been made in years. It's not meant to compete with movies like Deadpool for being a blockbuster, but as a cinematic masterpiece, there's absolutely no comparison.

Szlia

Several of my friends saw it and they all rated it highly. Have not seen it yet, but I found it difficult to muster the motivation, as I have little interest in the setting and it looks like a sausage fest.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Several of my friends saw it and they all rated it highly. Have not seen it yet, but I found it difficult to muster the motivation, as I have little interest in the setting and it looks like a sausage fest.

If you like jeff bridges it's required viewing.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
The genre really isn't my cup of tea, but like No Country for Old Men, I watched it last night and enjoyed it, Jeff Bridges did a great job.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

I thought the same thing going in. I wasn't really that interested in what I perceived the story to be about, but once you see the movie, you'll realize it's nothing like you thought it would be.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

You act like a film connoisseur and watch all these shitty foreign films but are going to turn your nose up at this film?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I really enjoyed it and actually I'd have to agree... I haven't seen a better movie this year yet.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was good but not movie of the year or better than sicario for me. For non block busters I would say Nice guys was my favorite so far

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed this as well. Not movie of the year, but really good.

I had no idea Chris Pine was in it, but at the very beginning of the movie I saw him first with a ski mask on, and I said, "Hey, that's Chris Pine!" Something distinctive about his eyes I guess (other than being dreamy). Good thing he won't have to resort to robbing banks IRL anytime soon.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I really didn't think Chris Pine could act until this movie (I mean really act, not just play Captain Kirk). He has some serious acting chops.