Hell or High Water: neo-western from the writer of Sicario

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
but Jeff bridges fits way better in Texas than Casey Affleck fits in New England.

He's needs to be a little more consistent with dropping his g's in his dialog for those types of roles. It was something I kept noticing in True Grit as well. Especially when he said "Coon hunting?". You don't drop the ra from racoon and still hang on to the g in hunting. Not in Arkansas at any rate. It's coon huntin'.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Barring big summer hits the best ones I've seen so far this year aside from this movie we're Manchester by the Sea and Hacksaw Ridge. Of those I'd bet on hacksaw ridge just for pure filmmaking. Manchester actually shares some themes with hell or high water, but Jeff bridges fits way better in Texas than Casey Affleck fits in New England.

The oscar cucks will prolly pick la la land or loving tho.
This is funny...being that Casey Affleck is actually a native of New England

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
yEZ7MbP.jpg

God I love west Texas.

On a related note I've been to Archer Texas several times. Not much there.

Last edited:

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Best movie I've seen in a while. The Texan vibe reminds me a little of No Country for Old Men. Great performance from Ben Foster and Chris Pine, which I never cared for as an actor. First serious role I've seen him in, I think. Bridges it goes without saying.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Barring big summer hits the best ones I've seen so far this year aside from this movie we're Manchester by the Sea and Hacksaw Ridge. Of those I'd bet on hacksaw ridge just for pure filmmaking
Checking thread for the first time. I was thinking the same, Manchester by the Sea and this one are the most recent films that stand out. Hell or High Water is a better movie and Manc by the Sea is dreary. Hacksaw Ridge is next.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Entire thing was shot in New Mexico (most of Sicario was as well). Fantastic film though. Is my pick for Best Picture. I'm sure my colleagues will all be voting La La Land however.
It's a line from the movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fantastic film. Easily the best movie I saw from 2016. Hard to believe it didn't get a nod for Cinematography.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Drinking some bourbon and listening to the Hell or Highwater Soundtrack. It fit the movie perfectly.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
thread necro

Got around to watching this and really enjoyed it, but I don't really see it as a Best Picture quality movie. Maybe I missed something but just didn't seem to have that special 'something' I usually feel when I see a best picture nomination that I feel is worthy of it. Story was minimal but enough to drive the actions of the characters and really secondary to the superb acting. Jeff Bridges I can definitely see his nomination for Supporting Actor but I liked Chris Pine and Ben Foster as well.

Also granny waitress best character in the movie.