Heroes of the Storm

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I bought Sonya and I desperately wanted to make her work but I guess I should have just looked at the second lowest win rate in the game and stayed away. Her kit just flat out doesn't work for what she is supposed to do. Both of her ults have 0 team fight impact. I can see how she *might* be decent if you build a support comp around her with some friends, but she is definitely not a good solo queue champ.

I'm really kicking myself for wasting that gold.
Yeah she can be really great with the right composition. Solo queue she is difficult, but she can still really shine if you learn the ins and outs of her talents and you are versatile with how you build them based on enemy composition. Don't kick yourself for buying her though, she is only 4,000, and subtract the easy 500 for level 5 and it was only 3,500 gold you "wasted" and she might be better in the future or be of use to you when you play with friends or league.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zagara is a beast atm, I had one on my team the other day that had more hero damage than me on valla, it was like 68k to 64k, but usually no one is even close.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Zagara is a beast atm, I had one on my team the other day that had more hero damage than me on valla, it was like 68k to 64k, but usually no one is even close.
Yup. Most of my games are like that, not to mention being #1 on siege damage as well unless there is a good Gazlowe in game. It's super fun when someone tries to jump me and I own them. Vallas always get squashed when they try to solo gank me, as well as pretty much any other Assassin I can think of. They always go for me and they get stomped without me even touching ult. I love it. Although that is either early game around level 4-8 when I just got Envenom or level 16+ when I have double Hydra/Mutas. From around 10-16 it's a bit more difficult, but before and after then, I will solo stomp just about anyone.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Zagara has always been really strong. Is here sustain/regen build still the way to go on her?
I'm still experimenting, and it might just be a coincidence, but the first 2 games I picked Rapid Incubation, I lost 2 in a row after a 9 win streak with her. Usually I either get Reconstitution for tier 1 (increased health regen on creep) for my sustained health or Corpse Feeders and then instead of Rapid Incubation I get Battle Momentum. I dunno, I am spamming abilities and I don't have huge problems with mana between bouncing back and forth with the moon well and regen globes. And once I hit 14+ mana isn't really a problem and I have a shit ton of health from playing smart with my creep. Sometimes I go for burst and pick envenom, other times I go for free creep tumors and extra health regen and my team's map awareness becomes king. So generally, I go for Battle Momentum and in some games I'll even get Nydus, and that takes care of a lack of Rapid Incubation sustain. Regardless of how I change it up, 99% of the time I go for Hunter Killer and then a 2nd Hydra. Sometimes I'll get a Muta if the situation calls for it. Nydus on Garden of Terror is amazeballs if done right.

Basically, she can just be very subtly versatile. Increased Baneling Range on Pirate map is fucking awesome. You can make it near impossible for them to turn in.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I know the creep build on her is pretty popular. She still suffers from an inability to easily escape a gank. The easiest way to deal with her is to just go kill her if she isn't team fighting. Since it is Nova free week it maybe a difficult time to solo queue as Zags since cloak assassins are somewhat a pain in the ass for her.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I know the creep build on her is pretty popular. She still suffers from an inability to easily escape a gank. The easiest way to deal with her is to just go kill her if she isn't team fighting. Since it is Nova free week it maybe a difficult time to solo queue as Zags since cloak assassins are somewhat a pain in the ass for her.
Zeratul I seem to own 95% of the time, but Nova is definitely really tough for me, one of the few Assassins I have trouble with, but usually because I have creep tumors in the bushes, I can break her stealth before she is ready and then she's in trouble.

Interesting how none of Grubby's builds go Envenom. I love it. And zero of his builds have Nydus, which I think is a mistake because Nydus is highly underrated if used correctly on the right map.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Envenom is picked a lot less on all heroes now.
It definitely has diminishing returns as the game progresses, but the extra 3 kills or so it nets you early game when people unexpect it helps a lot. I do get Envenomed Spines a lot too tho. Zagara is probably the character I have the most diverse builds on. Every single tier is situational.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
heroesofthedorm.com bracket contest is up. get an ingame portrait for doing it and there's prizes and shit going out. Looks like competition might be good, quite a few undefeated teams in the mix.

Tenks

Envenom got nerfed a while back (Arthas patch?) and it has fallen off pretty hard. There are a few heroes that still enjoy picking it (2nd support BW comes to mind immediately, Kerrigan .. basically heroes who's job is to set up a kill) but for the most part it has gone from must-pick on almost everyone with access to it to situational and hero specific.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I don't take envenom on any champ anymore. It pretty much loses it's relevance a few levels after you take it. There's usually a talent choice that can be more useful throughout the entire match like mana tide on thrall.

Tenks

heroesofthedorm.com bracket contest is up. get an ingame portrait for doing it and there's prizes and shit going out. Looks like competition might be good, quite a few undefeated teams in the mix.
I was interested in making logical picks for a second but then I realized there are a fuckton of teams and clicked random shit. Need that derpy Azmo port.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have an opinion on Falstad? I'm thinking of buying him(with gold), he looks fun.

Tenks

He's good. Not an S-tier damage dealer but he is very, very solid. His fly makes him better on some maps than others but you can solo queue with him just fine.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah basically what tenks said, i think he does crazy burst damage when you toss his hammer as well. He's pretty fun