Heroes of the Storm

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's a lot of control/positioning /movement that is very transferable. Watching a lot of the newb streamers it's very clear.
I keep watching people use the dragon knight to punt enemy players away. I keep thinking, get behind him and punt him into your own base!!! The towers will do the rest

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Kripp's stream title today:

nolife Kripparrian -- ???????? KAPPA or RIOT ???????? HotS Day 5. Zeratuul In New Hero Rotation. Time To Quit.

Dying of laughter, rofl.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I keep watching people use the dragon knight to punt enemy players away. I keep thinking, get behind him and punt him into your own base!!! The towers will do the rest
Yea I've only seen one person do this and was 100% kill every time. Why would you knock enemies into their own base :p

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yea I've only seen one person do this and was 100% kill every time. Why would you knock enemies into their own base :p
It is pretty awkward to get behind someone let alone as the dragon knight. I constantly tried to penetrate shot with Raynor by getting ahead of someone but it isn't always that simple.

Tenks

There's a lot of control/positioning /movement that is very transferable. Watching a lot of the newb streamers it's very clear.
This is very true. There isn't a hard set "river fag" like in DOTA2 but knowing when to press ahead, when to back and to constantly be moving around is something that every moba player knows and will put them on better footing. You can tell someone hasn't played a moba before because they'll chase any hero they have a chance to kill from here to eternity generally leading in said player getting brutally killed.

Column_sl

shitlord
On the artwork side, and I know it's still very early, but it's the first Blizzard game were I feel they look worse then allot of there competitors.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I feel they look worse then allot of there competitors.
You hurt me sometimes.

But yea, graphics are nothing at all to write home about. It's about on par with League, which is a shitty place to be considering how old League is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On the artwork side, and I know it's still very early, but it's the first Blizzard game were I feel they look worse then allot of there competitors.
It's using the SC2 engine supposedly, so while it looks better than zoomed SC2, probably not much better. And yeah it looks fairly crappy. I mean it's ok and stuff and not a big deal for this type of game, hell LoL nowadays look even more dated, but definitely doesn't look top notch.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
One thing that I will note is, for a very early alpha, so early its called technical alpha, the servers and features that are in have been rock solid. Kinda expect that from a Blizzard game, but just pointing out that the back end seems really good. I can't put a finger on why, but the game is definitely growing on me. I haven't had the urge to log into LoL the last couple days. Been playing 5-6 matches a night of this.

I think the champs and talents are really well done and interesting. I've been playing Abathor, Nova and Diablo and each has several interesting things about them. Even the supports are really fun.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how exactly did people know they were invited to this? I see lots of people saying there are no keys so was it just there on their battle.net client one day or did you still get some form of e-mail that you had to click to register?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So how exactly did people know they were invited to this? I see lots of people saying there are no keys so was it just there on their battle.net client one day or did you still get some form of e-mail that you had to click to register?
I received an E-mail welcoming me to the Alpha. You could always just log into bnet to see if it;s enabled or that you even opted in to the HOTS beta.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I just had an email last night and when I pulled up my blizzard launcher, it was in there.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
kinda pissed the battle.net launcher thing copied starcraft 2 on my SSD again, now it's taking up 30gb total.

Tenks

I like the new rotation of F2P heroes more than the last rotation. Wish Abathur was F2P so I may have to just drop money on him. Mountain King is fun, WD is fun. Zeratul is a dick eater. Haven't played them all yet.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tassadar has Oracle, wide area vision and nullifies stealth. Pretty important with free week Zeratul running around.

Tenks

Yeah Tassadar is pretty OP in general. I find if I Q on lesser played heroes my Q time goes down so I do that. Since you can't have three Tassadars on the same team. Seems every game I'm in this week has two Zeratuls and two Tassadars.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agree on Tassadar. Once you get the slow on his basic attacks he's not only saving your team via shields he's now securing kills for the dps.

Tenks

WD seemed pretty good but I couldn't quite figure out his ultimate and when to best use it. But his toads at high level would just annihilate creep waves. So I took Bribe at level1 and bribed quite a few camps throughout the game. Shame the opponent Illidan was obsessed with popping his ult and butt fucking me before my team killed him. Not sure why he thought a 1:1 trade with the WD was such a great idea every time. Shoulda taken the talent where I can ice block myself if that happens again I suppose.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I want my email
frown.png
anyone want a wildshit account?!?!!