Heroes of the Storm

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was surfing some of the twitch streams and was bombarded by streamers screaming obscenities about how "gay it is to lose to people who suck."

i can't WAIT for the toxic communities of dota and lol to suck all the fun out of this game...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
People who bitch about "Toxic communities" are just as bad the ragers. Just ignore the morons, it's basically a fucking life lesson.

j00t

sutekh, you're hurting my feelings. =(

edit: also what's with the sound on your stream? did you turn half the sound off in your game settings?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because the WoW communities are so much better than the LoL/dota2 communities, right?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
sutekh, you're hurting my feelings. =(

edit: also what's with the sound on your stream? did you turn half the sound off in your game settings?
No, is there something wrong with it? I have the sound turned down pretty low

j00t

dunno. it's weird. in game when you die, all the sound quits. like, mid-speech. then you revive and it's fine-ish

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's because I'm tabbing out I think. Probably a setting I can fix on that.

there we go, should be fixed now.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This game seems decently fun. Been playing mostly against bots to do quests/dailies and get up to level 8 to unlock the other half of every characters talents and see what each guy can do.

Seems like a happy medium between a game of summoner's rift and ARAM. I've never been terribly good at league or played it at a high level, but this game doesn't feel as deep on a 5v5 level, but it does reward objective control and player rotations, so it does have a reasonable amount of play to it.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The controls feel really clunky; after LoL and DoTA I'm used to smart casting and whatnot, and playing Zeratul was super frustrating at first. It still can be especially in the heat of the moment, but I've at least gotten used to it. And this is sort of interesting, because the one thing that's always made me get the most frustrated with MMOs that weren't wow were the controls, and either how slow or clunky, or their wrecked GCD was, so it's funny to see the tables turned.

The gameplay also seems really shallow, not to mention that the WoW PvP assessment was spot on. People are still unaware of the fact that objectives are pretty much the only thing that matters, especially on say, the pirate map. A bombardment is the only push you're concerned with really, and trying to convince the other guys that they need to turn around and stop the other guys from turning in coins is pretty phenomenally annoying. That map is going to be zeratuls on both sides farming the coins and 4v4 on the turn in guy.

I'm having fun with it, but we'll see. I anticipate it might be more frustrating than fun, considering how like WoW PvP it is. You really need everyone else to be on the same page as you; I can wreck face with Raynor - his inspire ability is phenomenal especially coupled with Tyrande's aura and we duo rolled like that for awhile, but that really matters in no way if the other guys aren't capitalizing on it. We'll gain levels, but as said, certain maps are far more contingent on the basis of said map, rather than kills.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The controls feel really clunky; after LoL and DoTA I'm used to smart casting and whatnot, and playing Zeratul was super frustrating at first. It still can be especially in the heat of the moment, but I've at least gotten used to it. And this is sort of interesting, because the one thing that's always made me get the most frustrated with MMOs that weren't wow were the controls, and either how slow or clunky, or their wrecked GCD was, so it's funny to see the tables turned.
They are implementing smartcast.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man you can spec Raynor so he is an auto attack God. Spent 2k gold on him since he's my SC2 boy.

1: +2 dmg per level on basic attacks
4: Every 5 seconds gain 30% damage on basic
7: Searing Attack
13: Giant Killer
16: Berserk
20: Fury of the Storm

Basically if your Searing Attack and Berserk are up there are no heroes that are killing you. You do around 500-600 damage per hit and attack at light speed. Depending on how the game goes may want to take Battle Hyperion over Fury of the Storm. I'd say if you're behind go Battle Hyperion and if ahead go Fury of the Storm. Battle Hyperion being better at solo pushing lanes and Fur of the Storm being better for capping merc camps.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Just ran into Towellie's full premade while in a duo queue. We ended the game 7 levels ahead, and they didn't have a single kill until right before the game ended. rofl.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just ran into Towellie's full premade while in a duo queue. We ended the game 7 levels ahead, and they didn't have a single kill until right before the game ended. rofl.
EZ

Come on bro, not even going to comment on getting rekt by my amazing Tyrande play
frown.png

Speaking of that, what's your Bnet ID, we should just queue together.