Heroes of the Storm

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, it is hard to get into this game. My account level is 15 and I can't find the desire to play more than 2-3 games at a time.

It is just so shallow, compared to other moba's. The 5-7 hero rotations just make me want to play less out of boredom, not buy new heroes. The different maps are great and I think they have some good ideas for the hero's themselves, but having no items just really limits the game play. I am not sure I agree with the design decision. The heroes, with only one or two skill builds, get pretty repetitive when you have no item variations to give alternative ways to play the hero.
I think that happens/has happened to a lot of ppl. I know I was lacking desire to play until I found out rl friends were playing it. So now I either play with them or play for practice for when we play together. The team brawler aspect is really important and you're not going to get that with a group of pugs.

Outside of that, yeah, I'd probably play a couple of games and get bored. You couldn't play this game as your full time game like lol or dota. But it's nice for getting rid of that moba itch without having to keep up with the meta. Plus when you only have time for 2-3 games its nice to be able to play 2-3 quick action filled games and not one hour long game with 15 minutes of farming.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was bouncing back and forth and playing a game of SC, then a game of Heroes and so on. But I can't sit down and play Heroes for hours on end. Especially solo queue.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think a huge part of the fun for me is just playing with my roomate. Stomping pugs with a decent combo can be pretty funny. I like that a good duo can win a game if they are really aggressive pushers.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Guys, add me if you want to team up for ranked.

Dis#1518

Currently overall Level 35, Ranked single play at 29

Depending on team needs and who is picked up first, mainly heal with Uther or Lili, tank with Stitches, or spec with Sylv/Tyr.

Edit: I am completely addicted to this game, took a break after alpha, and come back stronger than ever

Needless

Toe Sucker
I play a match or three every other day, i can't grind on it too hard while solo queueing.. it gets tedious that way lol

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
A sweet 3-0 last night with my buddies. The game is so much fun playing with pals. 2 games we did my bro was abathur and i rolled Illi. Abathur buff makes Illidan attack like a machine gun, RATATATATATA, takedown.

Tenks

I need to play more tassadar evidently, I'm 8-2 with him in hero league.
I have a meta theory about this. So in general double support is pretty damn strong. The problem is in Hero mostly everyone wants to run a comp of 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 DPS. However since Tassadar is a pretty damn good off-support it requires your team to pick up a healer focused support. Generally something like a Rehgar or an Uther work pretty well with Tass. So now you are forced into running 1 tank, 2 support, 2 DPS. Which is arguably a more solid composition than 1/1/3.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, thats the thing, I don't get to pick him as often as I'd like because he can't solo support so I need to be sure the team has a tank and primary support, and those are two roles that you are usually flexing/filling. 2 support comps were pretty common before this last patch, but it has become more of a 2 tank meta now. But yeah, I'm always top/near top in hero damage so the 40-60k healing on top of that is icing on the cake and between his e and talent that makes e trigger again you pretty much never die unless its a team wipe.

Tenks

I really like him paired up with Rehgar. Neither are the best straight up healer in the world but if you combine shields with AH it makes it nearly impossible to dive into a target and kill it. So they burn a ton of cooldowns trying to kill someone and you only burn AH.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also heroes of the dorm finals are going to be broadcast live on espn2 this sunday. First time an e-sport is on mainstream cable and its fucking hots, lol. Its bad enough that its a game that struggles to get 4k viewers on twitch and will have a tiny audience; but if they use the same ui they used for this past weekends games it just looks bad(esl's is infinitely better). If you didn't catch any of this past weekends games, the ui they use doesn't show you which heroes are dead/alive they just have 5 bars for each team and they don't display the minimap at all times so you don't know where other heroes are when someone is shown pushing a lane and trickslyr constantly opens a minimap that takes up the entire screen to point out dumb shit right in the middle of action going on.

Tenks

I think in terms of accessibility outside of CS:GO Heroes is probably the most accessible game they could have put on. If it was DOTA or LoL people would wonder why they're just standing around killing NPCs for so long. They wouldn't understand items. They wouldn't understand the skills. In Heroes at least the game is basically summarized in "Kill the other team." Which is obviously the goal of almost every game but there is a lot of nuance that goes into most games. Like in SC2 if you don't know whats going on it can easily look like "He built a base then won" -- which wouldn't be good for mainstream TV.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nobody would have any clue what is going on with Dota/Lol on ESPN, at least heroes is super basic in terms of understanding lol

Probably won't take off either way, but whatever.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
LoL's skill elements seem like they would be pretty boring to watch.I prefer more of an emphasis on uniquely designed heroes and them pulling off crazy things here and there.

Taho

N00b
Same. I haven't played this, but have at the beta keys. Maybe I'll download and check it out this weekend.

Key 1: 7PKEY6-BF7B-762WDE-V2V4-H46VNF

Key 2: JGRT2R-YTWN-FFMYEX-MWZV-89V8JR

Key 3: CJEJBX-YHHF-GB7KEW-JY2T-979HK2

Key 4: PCZXKB-R7YE-PC77GX-N42E-GJCDCY

Redeem atBattle.net Account Login

Neph_sl

shitlord
Heroes of the Dorm is pretty hype. Had to download the ESPN Go app, but don't need to login to watch, just had to click my provider

Gecko_sl

shitlord
If there's actually anyone who needs a key:

Key 1: TTXF28-MM8N-Y64HCG-WB7E-87XTWP

Key 2: 4M6RMH-GV8X-8MFHXG-BV62-XCCRFR

Key 3: VXYD9X-JVHH-J2EHGP-V4RM-8CBJRX

Key 4: T2C824-FEY2-EXRPP4-68BT-N44WXH

I'll check this out as I briefly enjoyed DOTA and LOL despite being terribad at both of them. I'm not sure I have the patience for MOBAs.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I like how I just noticed they absolutely obliterated Nazeebo, and in the laziest way possible. Idiots.