Hero's Song by John Smedley - ARPG/MMO Lite

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I would wait a bit unless you actually enjoy alpha testing. The game has potential but as others have mentioned, it's buggy.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Video looks good so far, will wait for more review
I think they have a really good foundation, it's not a bad game at this point; i have played about 20 hours so far and have enjoyed it so far. I like the gameplay and was pleasantly surprised with the graphics, now i am waiting to see what features they add on top of the bug fixes.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I can't lie, the video on steam about world generation and stuff looks cool... I am getting interested.

I got the game, and the update yesterday fixed the game to at least make it playable (aka your characters actually save and show up on the character select screen properly now).

The game itself is kind of entertaining. I can see potential in it. It's kind of like a Diablo meets EQ mashup. It's top down click the ground Diablo style, but slower placed because you're not constantly bombarded with mobs.

I'd actually really like to see them add an option to the server creation that would make the combat slower and more tactical rather than hack n slash. Having the option to choose combat styles per server would be a great option.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I got the game, and the update yesterday fixed the game to at least make it playable (aka your characters actually save and show up on the character select screen properly now).

The game itself is kind of entertaining. I can see potential in it. It's kind of like a Diablo meets EQ mashup. It's top down click the ground Diablo style, but slower placed because you're not constantly bombarded with mobs.

I'd actually really like to see them add an option to the server creation that would make the combat slower and more tactical rather than hack n slash. Having the option to choose combat styles per server would be a great option.

That is Game 2.

Hero's Song (Game 1) is a proof of concept for their storybricks stuff. They demo their storybrooks, prove it works, work out some kinks, and get people to pay them $$$ for what otherwise is a super cheap game to develop.

Once Hero's Song is released and they have some funding, they take their core architecture and work towards The Vision(tm).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've enjoyed what I've seen on streams. I need to buy a PC, or build one rather, sometime soon.

I could probably run this game on a computer from 1999, though.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm, yeah the stuff they have on Steam looks pretty cool. The early screens they showed were rough, but I'm kinda interested now ...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If someone knows Smedley or a good way to contact him let me know.

Might get an AMA with him on here if I can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Could wait at his neighborhood 7-11 and ask him there tomorrow morning.

Is he still active on Twitter?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I bought this. Interesting.

Not loving it but not hating it.

I think I will try to figure out if I can put a long term server up for the community here.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Awesome.

I'm following this game but don't want to get in too early. Kind of burnt on half finished games.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I would hold off a bit then. It's a good start and has a lot of potential but it has a way to go