Home buying thread

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Going to sleep on putting in an offer on a house. Matches exactly what I want, 3 bed 1.75 bath 1500sqft double car garage no hoa etc. 100% move in ready with the only thing wrong with it is the gate to the back yard is kind a broken and the bathtub needs to be recaulked.

Biggest reservation I have is that I only started this process a week ago.
That's the market right now. Just rest assured that there's no right decision, only a series of variably bad ones when it comes to choosing the house. Ain't nothin' perfect.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've heard of 0.5 baths, but what is 0.75 baths? Just a tub, toilet and sink as opposed to shower?
Technically a 4/4 has a tub, shower, sink, toilet. A 3/4 generally only has a standing shower. I'm not sure if the concept is generally used that much. Most listings I say just use "full bath" and "half bath" and full baths include bathrooms which only include a standing shower -- even though technically they are not.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah .75 = shower, sink, toilet. Very common to see 1.75 baths listed around here.

Ended up putting an offer in for slightly less than what it was listed at.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1.25 bath = 1 full bathroom, and another with only a toilet.
1.5 bath = 1 full bathroom, and another with toilet and sink.
1.75 bath = 1 full bathroom, and another with toilet, sink, and shower only (no tub)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'd definitely install a sink with no toilet before a toilet with no sink. A sink can be a toilet if needed, but a toilet can never be a sink.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
IDK I'd probably have an easier time washing my hands in a flushed toilet than trying to jam a python log down a sink

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I spent (well paid to live) one semester in the dorm at University and all I can say is there were some sick fucks that lived there. First weekend some jack off shit in every sink (there were 4 of them i think?). Next weekend was the urinals. Next was the showers. I just moved right the fuck out after that.

If nothing else, splitting your massive turd into segments to share among the different bathroom fixtures takes a certain amount of dedication and mental issues.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like they accepted my offer. Just under what they asked, along with 3% towards closing costs, a 1yr home warranty and probably getting that gate fixed(only apparent issue).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Starting on the loan paperwork. We got approved for the $305k we need.

McKee Homes | Sanborne

That is the floorplan we are having built. We walked through one last week and closing off that notch in the game room on the 2nd story will be no issue. That will be my 'server room'.