Home Theater/Game Room Thread

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Lul. So I guess my girlfriend may have a point about it being excessive... I dunno, doesn't look as bad when all the speakers have their covers on. I did have speaker stands under the left/right speakers before I got the subs to it wasn't really useable space anyway.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Lul. So I guess my girlfriend may have a point about it being excessive... I dunno, doesn't look as bad when all the speakers have their covers on. I did have speaker stands under the left/right speakers before I got the subs to it wasn't really useable space anyway.
When the combined surface area of the speakers is larger than the screen ....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Haha it's a 65" TV, not like it's tiny. Guess I need to go back over to avsforum where excess is celebrated and I'm more on the conservative side of the scale.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Christ, like someone else said, at least put the subs in a corner/behind you. Get that stand centered under your TV.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been spending a lot of time looking at sound bars and reasonably priced stereo equipment lately as well. I listened to that Klipsch sound bar as well as most of the other highly rated ones. Basically by the time a soundbar doesn't sound like shit compared to mediocre speakers, you're spending a lot more money and you're stuck with just a sound bar. It's better to get a 2.x setup and a receiver if you're going to spend $1k. Sound bars are good if you don't have any room though.

I bought a soundbar for 1k for my bedroom last year. I promptly returned it and installed a 5.1 system. There literally was no seperation in sound. It sounded just like sound coming from a center speaker only.

I've been reading reviews and listening to the hype that soundbar tech has gotten better. Only I don't hear it with my ears.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I bought a soundbar for 1k for my bedroom last year. I promptly returned it and installed a 5.1 system. There literally was no seperation in sound. It sounded just like sound coming from a center speaker only.

I've been reading reviews and listening to the hype that soundbar tech has gotten better. Only I don't hear it with my ears.

I have a Sonos 5.1 setup and it's awesome and hassle free as long as you set it up so your TV can pass 5.1 through the optical (A problem I have with my Dish Tuner).

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone had any issues with their picture going out with a PS4 Pro?

I have my PS4PRO hooked up through a Yamaha Receiver Rx-V581 to a Samsung 6500 4k TV. Its set to 4k RGB in the PS4 Pro settings however at random times my tv will go black for around 1 second; sounds still works. I have tried messing with settings on both the TV and PS4 Pro, new HDMI cables, receiver settings with no luck. Anyone know what the issue or setting maybe? I checked Ytube for different scenarios and none of them have corrected it.

Thank you.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it possible your output from the PS4 is changing resolutions on the fly? Some TVs / receivers would black out briefly while changing display resolutions.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Amazon.com: Pioneer Elite SP-EFS73 Dolby Atmos-enabled Andrew Jones Floorstanding Speaker (each): Home Audio & Theater

Andrew Jones elite speakers are on sale for 450 on amazon. Really awesome speakers at that price especially if you want atmos.

I don't deny that they may be excellent speakers, but the reviews are fluff on amazon. Seems really cheap for speakers with ATMOS included.

Fakespot | Pioneer Elite Sp Efs73 Dolby Atmos Enabled Andrew Jones Floorstanding Speaker Fake Review Analysis

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I don't deny that they may be excellent speakers, but the reviews are fluff on amazon. Seems really cheap for speakers with ATMOS included.

Fakespot | Pioneer Elite Sp Efs73 Dolby Atmos Enabled Andrew Jones Floorstanding Speaker Fake Review Analysis

Eh I have 4 in my setup and they sound pretty freaking awesome. Just don't buy the elite sub because that is not all that great. Cnet and others have these rated pretty high. Are they the best speakers? no, but for the price they are pretty amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Eh I have 4 in my setup and they sound pretty freaking awesome. Just don't buy the elite sub because that is not all that great. Cnet and others have these rated pretty high. Are they the best speakers? no, but for the price they are pretty amazing.

Totally appreciate a real review! I'll see if I can check them out, always on the lookout for a nice setup for the price.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I love my Klipsch RP-260Fs. I hope you like the sound bar. That's a solid deal.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got my 18" subs in this morning. Really happy with how everything sounds.

View attachment 120503

A man with aesthetics similar to my own...

rrr_img_102382.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I've recently renovated my man-cave. I purchased an LG OLED B6 65inch for all my PS4 gaming needs, but I want to purchase some enhanced audio to go with it. I've never done this before, and know nothing about it. Looking for some guidance on what to get:

1. Must be user friendly. I really don't know much about audio, and I don't want to dick around too much.
2. Must be PS4 compatible, if that's a thing.
3. The only other component in the setup will be a PVR/cable TV box. This is unlikely to change.
4. I dislike cords immensely, and have a 3 year old child who will almost certainly fuck them up at some point.
5. Room is nice and tight - about 300 square feet.
6. I dislike too many knobs and do-dads. The more minimal the better.
7. I have a workshop and home brewery in the next room over. Are there systems that could serve as a hub for speakers in this room too? Wireless?

Thanks for the advice!

EDIT

Did a bit of research, and so far looking at a few options:

Expensive, sexy, expandable. Am I being sold a golden turd here?: Sonos PLAYBAR Sound Bar, PLAY:1 Wireless Speaker & SUB Wireless Subwoofer - Black

Dolby Atmos impressed me. Does PS4 have Atmos capability? Does Netflix?: Samsung Soundbar HW-K950/ZA 5.1.4 Channel with Dolby Atmos Technology: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Leaning towards Sonos unless Dolby Atmos is some kind of game changer.

Last edited: