Horizon: An American Saga, Part 1

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, nothing gets me more excited to watch part 1 of an epic movie series than questions over whether it will ever be finished!
You might want to stay away from 1923 then. That left off in the worst way as super cowboy did not even reach the main ranch.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So probably safe to say 4 doesnt happen and they are going to rewrite 3 to have an ending.
Who knows he might just pony up the money and tone down the fourth one, but you would think the last one will be the biggest set pieces and the most bombastic because it's the climax? I don't know. Could be that the other ones actually generate some traction and then suddenly people are excited for the conclusion.

Guess only time will tell.

Siliconemelons

Lonesome Dove, the Return to Lonesome Dove, the u-turn to lonesome dove, the detour to lonesome dove and the final chapter just call where we are lonesome dove

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Man, nothing gets me more excited to watch part 1 of an epic movie series than questions over whether it will ever be finished!
I dont think this is a concern (yet). They've always planned for streaming and VOD to be a big part of how this movie gets seen. This is a really good idea, cause like I said earlier in the thread, part 1 is perfect VOD or watch it on streaming (its coming to Max).

People who see it seem to, for the most part, enjoy it, though I imagine the audience for Westerns is pretty self selecting.

Bumping this 4 to 6 weeks is probably good for the chance people see part 2 (also august has like 2 other major studio releases every weekend, another reason to bump your niche movie targeted at 40+ year olds a month or so)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
How stupid do you have to be to not make with an 8 part mini series

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
How stupid do you have to be to not make with an 8 part mini series
kevin-costner-liz-cheney-twitter.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 3Pathetic
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 10 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Would any of them care about a traditional Western epic though?
Last good Western I saw was Old Henry, none of those actors are famous enough to have names, and thus none give a shit about their Politics, I’d say being lefty scum is not the demo that appreciates Westerns, but I’m sure a bunch of pathetic lefty nerds played RDR2, so I don’t know why a Western would be unmarketable

• 3Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Last good western was first season of Westworld...

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Both great movies. Both better than Bone Tomahawk. I just don't consider them Westerns.

• 3Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Most westerns are on TV now (Yellowstone, 1923 etc), I think the performance of this movie is an indication why, the audience for these have dried up.

spronk

FPS noob
Done with Hell of Wheels. Is this the next western fix?

Hostiles (Christian Bale, good classic but modern made western movie)
warrior (netflix)
usual taylor sheridan verse stuff - Yellowstone, 1923, 1888, dunno how many more years he has turned to TV shows

haven't watched yet but other western shows I know: Longmire, Lawman bass Reeves, That Dirty Black Bag

recent western movies I downloaded but haven't watched

The Dead Don't Hurt with Viggo (Aragon) I believe
Old Henry
The Sisters Brothers with John C Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix

I assume you are a man of culture of course and have already watched Unforgiven, 3:10 to Yuma, Tombstone, The Assassination of Jesse James, the classic Clint spaghetti westerns, etc.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw the preview yesterday and couldnt figure out if that was Kevin Costner or not in the trailer. Figured out it was and decided to watch it - I generally like the stuff he's in. When I started it, I was psyched and then that excitement plummeted as I saw it was 3 plus hours to watch. Split it up into 2/3 and 1/3 and.. that was a bit more tolerable finishing it up today.

As others have said, this really should have been a mini series. If part 2 is coming in mid August - then anyone that wants to watch it will have have a GD 7 hours or more to go through. Thats a big pill to swallow and I'm kind of glad it forces me to break it into two parts.

As far as the actual movie? Its an interesting love story to westerns and I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone involved all comes together into a big ruckus in the end.

• 1Like