Horizon: An American Saga, Part 1

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't remember what thread it was in, thought it was this one, but it's not. Somebody was asking for westerns from recent productions worth watching. Couple of folks put out some lists.

Just watched The Duel with Liam Hemsworth and Woody Harrelson, and man it was good. Wanna say it was on someone's list.

I know it's a bit off topic, but figured this is probably an appropriate place.

Need to sit down and watch Horizon though now that it's on Max or whatever. Just hesitant to get invested if it's not going to be finished.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did I miss something? Why did he change his life forever for a kid he never met and some pussy he never had? If he was that upstanding in the wild west he would have never made it that far.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watch this on HBO Max. I'll be generous and give it a 5/10.

This isn't a movie. It is a TV mini-series that probably shot itself in the foot and will never get a conclusion. Why do I care about disjointed stories that may never come together because it bombed at the box office? And, it bombed at the box office because it is disjointed stories that never come together.

It looks good and it is acted well, but the story just isn't that interesting. It never gives you a big picture idea of what the story even is. It is simply "A day in the life of some random losers in the wild wild West."

Lonesome Dove was great because it was "Retired Texas Rangers and their adventures of dealing with old age, death, unrequited love, and friendship while driving a cattle herd from Texas to Montana." That is it, and that is your summary in a sentence. I don't know what Horizon is.

If they come out with more I suppose I will stream them, but my expectations have plummeted.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This isn't a movie. It is a TV mini-series that probably shot itself in the foot and will never get a conclusion. Why do I care about disjointed stories that may never come together because it bombed at the box office? And, it bombed at the box office because it is disjointed stories that never come together.

It looks good and it is acted well, but the story just isn't that interesting. It never gives you a big picture idea of what the story even is. It is simply "A day in the life of some random losers in the wild wild West."

Lonesome Dove was great because it was "Retired Texas Rangers and their adventures of dealing with old age, death, unrequited love, and friendship while driving a cattle herd from Texas to Montana." That is it, and that is your summary in a sentence. I don't know what Horizon is.

If they come out with more I suppose I will stream them, but my expectations have plummeted.
I tried it. Couldn't get through it. Made it to the Indian massacre of Horizon (or at least the first one. Don't if it gets repeated). It just wasn't enjoyable.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Such an insanely slow burn even for a movie with quite a bit of action. But I agree there is just so many stories that you never get drawn into any of them.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

This isn't a movie. It is a TV mini-series that probably shot itself in the foot and will never get a conclusion.
I know Costner won't like it, but I wonder if part 2 gets a quick like 2 week theatrical at some point end of the year/january, before they dump it on HBO Max. Cause part one seems to be doing really well on streaming, at least by whatever metric they use to determine top in the US, cause its been like top 5 every time I've logged on recently (its sitting at 1 right now, right ahead of The Martian, which I watched cause I saw it in the top 10 list).

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
What a bizarre series of choices. "Hey guys lets skip the narration and just show random scene after scene!"

I remember a time when movies would signal a time jump by actually putting text on the screen. "10 years later". "1889". Something like that.

I miss that technology. Too bad its apparently fucking lost forever