House of the Dragon

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
dunno what an EFAP is but i'm guessing the F stands for Faggot.

Only retarded faggots like Bald Brah and Chris are "enjoying" this show, its fucking trash.

Let me guess, you are watching LGBT friendly doctor who, the boys, and the acolyte while you suck your boyfriend off.

All much gayer than this. The faggotry in this show is mild for 'modern audiences'.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Im guessing EFAP hasnt read the books.

Maybe Sylas is a fucking deranged autist in pointing out every single change. But it annoys me. Not because the source is perfect. Blood and Fire is not GRRMs best work.

But you can only sit back and watch for so long while you see adaptations of popular and beloved franchises be changed over and over by writers who ignore the source material until it gets tiresome and annoying. You can only see them make the same changes over and over on multiple shows before you just think its shit. You can only see them change character after character into a fucking trope before you say this is gay. You can only watch them take characters that are somewhat benign and turn them into EVIL DRUMPF so many times. You can only see them take decent, complicated women and turn them into perfect girl bosses so many times.

You can only watch as decent source material is injected with modern themes or writers own views of the world. This isnt some incel conspiracy, they literally tell you this.

The fucks that adapted the Witcher, which is a great IP with an interesting world, decent story albeit not the perfect execution in the literary world, literally admit they didnt read the source material and instead choose to tell their version through a lens of "patriarchal misogyny"

These people don't want to tell good stories. They don't want to adapt quality IP. They want to do their own shit at the expense of the product.

and its gay fag shit that should be called out.

But hey, some Podcast, or YouTube channel, or website, which I assume EFAP is, likes it. No doubt they in whichever configuration is a Faggy patchy bearded soy boy male (or a few) and maybe a couple shitty chicks with pure white non tanned skin, shitty overly vibrant red lipstick, and likely at some point purple blue or pink hair. Everything wrong with Brooklyn hipsters of the day.

I'm sure they fucking love this.

every friend of mine watching this who isnt a total fag (oddly enough the only person who loves this is my gay brother) says the same thing. There is enough good in this to want to like it, and love of the IP, but they keep ruining it. But the sound, design, acting are still top notch, production is quality, the story just sucks, or is inconsistent, or stupid.

How anyone can defend this show after the Queen of one of the sides of a Civil war sneaks out of her own castle, across the bay, into the enemy capital, into the Church the Queen Dowager and back out alone is asinine. One of the worst things ive ever seen. Her queensguard is worse than the trump secret service detail.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I thought Every Frame A Pause was well known around here. I would say your assumptions about member composition are incorrect, but they do have a based furry as a regular.

They do a good(and lengthy) job of reviewing and critiquing popular media. Their review of the first two episodes is a bit under 5 hours. I don't get the impression that they read the source material. I'm not sure that should be necessary.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah not watching some faggots talk for 5 hours to cover 2 hours of shitty show.

Even ignoring the source material the show itself is just bad and completely inconsistent with itself. I pointed out many examples in my live play by play. Yeah it's long so ppl probably didn't read it, i was just stream of conscious writing out my thoughts in one monitor as I watched the show in the other.

Just taking the show into consideration the entire first season was a jumbled mess of time warping teleporting insanity.
Daemon was a bad guy who was butthurt that he got skipped over in the line of succession by his brother, until the heroine of the show Rhaenyra decided she liked him then he was suddenly this strong and noble figure who would defend m'ladies honor, because she can do no wrong and make no bad choices, until oh wait we need him to be an evil schemer again lets show him as this incompetent twat who is sitting out the war in harrenhal because of some lover's spat and now he's trying and failing to build an army for himself, cus he's the king, not the king consort...it's all so tiresome.

and then Aegons return to king's landing, here ill quote my own post:

Gonna note here that the show isn't even faithful to itself. Last week they showed that there was a plan, Cole was going to bait out a dragon/dragon rider and have Aemond kill it with Vhagar. This was of course shit fucking writing since Rook's rest was chosen as the bait spot because its a 5 minute dragon flight across the bay from dragonstone. IN the show, Team black has literally 5 fucking dragons + dragon riders at their disposal (in addition to Meleys, they have Syrax, Vermax, Tyraxes, and moondancer in the show version, in the book its a baby dragon that's not big enough to ride). This plan was fucking stupid, risking Vhagar against potentially 5 fucking dragons. But of course the show writers are too fucking stupid to realize this. So anyway, in the show, the plan was 1 vs 1 somehow and the king out of incompetennce or ego or a quest for glory decided to join the attack without any thought or preparation at all, he was never part of the trap in the show.

Why the fuck aren't Cole and Aemond yelling at everyone in King's landing for letting the king foolishly rush off and join the fight? it's fucking their fault he was hurt and injured, he was never part of the plan in the show. Alicent should be kicking herself and blaming the council or the king's guard for allowing him to rush off like a retard. but no, everyone seems to be blaming cole and Aemond for what happened to Aegon.

The writers of episode 5 (Ti Mikkel) didn't realize that the writer of episode 4 (Ryan Condal) changed the events from the book version. If you watch these episodes back to back you realize the last 5 minutes of episode 4 are completely contradicted by the first 5 minutes of episode 5. The king was never part of the battle plans of Criston Cole and Aemond, so why is everyone in king's landing upset when they are the ones who allowed him to rush off headfirst into danger? Why didn't the council try to stop him? Why was the king's guard happily helping him into his armor to suit up and ride instead of warning the council and his mother about his foolishness? Why isn't anyone blaming Alicent, it's her fault for not stopping them. Why is she acting upset, his injuries are her failure.

Criston Cole is the lord commander of the king's guard and hand of the king. He has two jobs. keep the king safe, and enforce his will/wage his wars for him. So he left Aegon at home in the safety of the red keep and didnt include him in the somewhat dangerous trap he had planned, that was intended to kill Rhaenyra but ended up killing Rhaenys instead. He employed the king's brother Aemond and Vhagar for this trap. Cole did his duty. The king's guard, the council, and his mother Alicent fucked up, they are to blame for the king's foolishness for rushing in to a battle which was really a trap he was not privy to.

If they wanted to show realistic depictions of women's inequality in this time period, they wanted to make Cole into a bad guy, then a good writer would have done the following:
Alicent: "What happened to Aegon?"
Cole, a questioning and bewildered look comes across his face, stares for a moment, then slaps Alicent hard across the face.
"you, you happened to him. Why did you let him leave the safety of The red keep? Why didn't any of the council stop him? He never should of been there"

Then yet another inconsistency of the writing. This whole episode, this whole season Rhaenyra has been crying about how men are preventing her from leading she's a dragon rider she should be out there on the front lines leading the fight. Someone else pointed this out earlier as well....Did she not fucking listen to the battle report of what happened to fucking Aegon? Yeah that's what happens when you try to lead from dragonback you stupid cunt. The writers are trying to show off how stunning and brave she is, they are too inept to realize their shit writing is making her look like a full fucking retard in addition to being a cunt.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Melys with Rheanyra murder hundreds of small folk during Aegons crowning, but doesnt harm Aegon.

Aegon kills a handful of ratcatchers.

And somehow the Small Folk decided "Oh we love Melys and Rheanyra whom we dont even know because shes the wife of a lord of a far away city. "

More lazy writing. A major theme of the blockade and civil war is supposed to be the hell this is for the small folk. They dont care who rules between a family quarrel. They eventually say fuck it we have had enough.

Meanwhile the writers decided the small folk mourn the dead kid, hate Aegon cause evil, ignore the team black murders, and sympathize with the "good guys" that HBO is presenting the blacks as

spronk

FPS noob
it woulda been awesome if the small folk saw the dragon head and someone yelled ITS FOOD and they swarm it

also if food is insanely scarce a little dog is not alive anymore on the street

but a bunch of 20-something writers who doordash every day and haven't had a single hardship in their life other than being called the wrong pronoun won't actually know about hunger.

• 1Worf

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Melys with Rheanyra murder hundreds of small folk during Aegons crowning, but doesnt harm Aegon.

Aegon kills a handful of ratcatchers.

And somehow the Small Folk decided "Oh we love Melys and Rheanyra whom we dont even know because shes the wife of a lord of a far away city. "

More lazy writing. A major theme of the blockade and civil war is supposed to be the hell this is for the small folk. They dont care who rules between a family quarrel. They eventually say fuck it we have had enough.

Meanwhile the writers decided the small folk mourn the dead kid, hate Aegon cause evil, ignore the team black murders, and sympathize with the "good guys" that HBO is presenting the blacks as

They didn't "like" Melys?

They thought bringing the head of a dead dragon which is almost like a God to the non-targaryans was an evil omen. They think bringing a dead dragon head into the city is going to be the death of them. And they don't hate aegon because of the rat catchers. They hate him because they are starving and all their food is rotten.

Juvarisx

Florida
Here is a dead dragon, its okay it was a traitor one though

"Umm they are basically the ultimate power in the world, they are going to come here and torch us all to death while you fuckwits are going to fly away. Also we are hungry because you use dragons to seek petty revenge instead of torching a blockade"

Why are they so mad at us!?!

Its pretty easy to see why King's Landing has had it with Aegon. He does nothing which makes his advisors happy so they can go make shit worse, then goes into public with his drinking pals and fucks the night away while noone can eat. They dont know hes fucked, they think he killed Rhaenys.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't be pumping out this many filler episodes when you cut your season down to 8. Last night was a waste of time.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Can't be pumping out this many filler episodes when you cut your season down to 8. Last night was a waste of time.

Yep and they could do one more season and wrap the story up with the remaining 13 episodes if they do 10 next season. Its not very long, but its pretty obvious where this season will end.

Rhaenyra taking King's Landing

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How much of Kings landings daily food is actually coming on ships from far away ports? Why are they unable to bring food in the front door? If you could starve kings landing out in 3 weeks with a simple gullet blockade, why the fuck didnt Dany do that, or Stannis? Maybe that falls on poor GOT writing. I suppose if thebulk of crownlands provisions went to march the army out that makes some sense. But a small 3 thousand man host shouldnt have consumed the production of entire region. And Borros Boratheon is just what seems to be a few days away seeing as Cole and Aegon can make it from Roost to KL immediately.

Juvarisx

Florida
How much of Kings landings daily food is actually coming on ships from far away ports? Why are they unable to bring food in the front door? If you could starve kings landing out in 3 weeks with a simple gullet blockade, why the fuck didnt Dany do that, or Stannis? Maybe that falls on poor GOT writing. I suppose if thebulk of crownlands provisions went to march the army out that makes some sense. But a small 3 thousand man host shouldnt have consumed the production of entire region. And Borros Boratheon is just what seems to be a few days away seeing as Cole and Aegon can make it from Roost to KL immediately.

Stannis did infact do that and combined with Tully (Riverlands) and Tyrel being against Joffery the people did riot. The show did not have the budget then as it did in later seasons so they limited it to them throwing shit at Joffery which caused him to call for all their deaths. Its the scene where The Hound saves Sansa from the rape mob.

So with them being blockaded here, the Riverlands being a shit show due to Daemon, and the Tyrel's are hording due to Otto Hightower being sent packing, they can see where its all heading. Plus in the Crownlands a bunch of the lords are with Rhanerya so they are not helping and its where Cole and co are, so they are feeding soldiers and the place is a mess so you are not moving vast quantities of food in there.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stannis did infact do that and combined with Tully (Riverlands) and Tyrel being against Joffery the people did riot. The show did not have the budget then as it did in later seasons so they limited it to them throwing shit at Joffery which caused him to call for all their deaths. Its the scene where The Hound saves Sansa from the rape mob.

So with them being blockaded here, the Riverlands being a shit show due to Daemon, and the Tyrel's are hording due to Otto Hightower being sent packing, they can see where its all heading. Plus in the Crownlands a bunch of the lords are with Rhanerya so they are not helping and its where Cole and co are, so they are feeding soldiers and the place is a mess so you are not moving vast quantities of food in there.
And lest we forget how many goats and cows those Dragons are eating. I imagine that big bitch Vhagar eats enough to feed half of the peasants in King's Landing.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
And lest we forget how many goats and cows those Dragons are eating. I imagine that big bitch Vhagar eats enough to feed half of the peasants in King's Landing.

Good point, they did have that scene where Aegon was trying to give some of that back to the folk and Otto was like umm you can't. With Aemond being in charge its probably a convator belt of animals into the dragon pits.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the bad takes.
you can't and this is all shit writing made up for the TV show. That's because the writers are dumb. I mean there's a full naval blockade that prevents any ships from leaving or arriving in King's landing, ships + overwatch via dragons. So how did Rhaenyra sneak in to king's landing? Did she fly in on her fucking dragon dressed as a Septa? No? ok she flew to the mainland and took a horse or something? Keep in Mind Cole's army was marching through the crownlands attacking strong holds loyal to her, so where the fuck did she land her dragon on the mainland? And lets say she lands in the woods or something (LOL), then the fucking queen went by herself with no guards and just walked into king's landing? I mean fuck this show is bad.

In reality ie in the book, The naval blockade of king's landing is pissing off the merchants, not the peasants. The peasants are eating fine, Aegon spent 1/4 the treasury on food to keep the peasants fed (this is a major plot point later when Rhaenyra takes the throne and finds the treasury is empty, it directly leads to her being ovethrown). Merchants are pissed they are losing money since their ships can't leave. The rich are upset because there's no more shipments of silk or spices, etc.

The peasants are afraid of King's landing being burned down with the escalation of the war and retaliation for the dead dragon, they are not rioting due to food. They are fleeing for safety reasons at this point in the timeline.

They do end up rioting due to food when Rhaenyra takes over, but then
they end up murdering most of the gold cloaks, all of the dragons, half the court and overthrowing Rhaenyra. She barely escapes with her fucking socks and has to sell her crown to get back to dragonstone. Rhaenyra takes the throne by force but holds it less than half a year and is overthrown by the people. Not sure how they will try and spin that into girl power. Oh right, of course that's why they are showing the peasants mad now, it was aegon's fault the peasants were hungry and they just got desperate, they couldn't wait til Rhaenyra's brilliant fiscal policies restored peace and prosperity and put food in their bellies. It was the peasants fault, upset at how poorly aegon ran things, it's not rhaenyra's fault...fucking trash

Last edited:

billymain

Potato del Grande
so much nitpicking here might as well read book instead of getting caught up on the thread

• 1Solidarity

bigolas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want to like this show but this episode was the worst. No action, no interesting scene, just women whining and seething. Daemon stuck in one place for this long sucks. Rhaenyra is sequestered in that castle too which is probably why they made up that negotiation trip instead of simply speeding up the storytelling.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really fucked up that 4 out of 5 episodes this season has been filler episodes, considering they already cut seasons down to 8 episodes from 10. They did very quietly renew for a third season before this season began to air and I believe that was contingent on cutting the episode count down to save money. This show is a train wreck and I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it.

Good thing they fired the senior veteran GoT showrunner before Season 2 went into production. It sounds like this would have just ruined his reputation-- despite the fact S2 would have fared better with him working on it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
[
so much nitpicking here might as well read book instead of getting caught up on the thread
There is no book. Sylas Sylas is deranged.

There's an in universe history/encylopedia with a summary of events and conflicted narratives from two sources. That's it. It's prime adaptation territory.

You can say the show is boring, you can criticise it all you want, but I think Sylas Sylas has a full on mental derangement posting paragraphs upon paragraphs of nitpicking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

billymain

Potato del Grande
yeah not watching some faggots talk for 5 hours to cover 2 hours of shitty show.
i feel you bro. i got you set up for next reply tho.

1721078772255.png