House of the Dragon

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
at best, Vhagar wings are 100 feet each, which some math faggot can do the math to figure out a full wing flap length, but that would mean the dragons belly would be what, minimum 75 feet off the ground to be able to clear the ground on a flap, with another 75 above or so - so that means at best that entire forest is 150 foot tree line to hide him? Thats some pretty fucking tall and dense forest.
They are depicting these things being the size of a cruise ship. If the size chart is accurate Vhagar could bite a blue whale in half.

Just that thing landing in the forest would cause a crater.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Was just watching this and the downfall part of GOT reminds me a lot of the problems with this show right now. They make the characters do really dumb stuff to try to present this Blacks good Greens bad story line this show decided to go with.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Ok it’s all coming back to me now. I could tell you all about GoT but this shit is so forgettable I’ve already forgotten season 1 I guess. All I can remember is nogs with brooms on thier heads. Or maybe it was mops

Chris

Potato del Grande
Half the things you guys complain about are nonsense.

I was trying to explain the family tree to my friend and goddamn it its annoying,.

Princess Rhenyra Targaryen married Laenor Velaryon. Her name doesnt change because Targ women who marry to men outside their family retain their targ name cause....I dunno. But thats how it was for Baratheons Grandma and many others.

Her sons Jace Luc and Joffrey are Strongs, but not in name. They take the Velaryon name of their father. Despite this Jace is the heir to the Iron throne due to being the declared trueborn son of the heir to Visrerys.

Jace and Luc marry Daemons daughters, Baela and Rhaena Targaryen. Their mom is a Velaryon.

all 4 are "half Velaryon half targaryen"

Yet the women will retain the targaryen name in marriage, an the men will remain Velaryon in name.

So had this shit never went down, and Allicent just shut the fuck up, Rhaenyra would have taken the Iron throne, ruled to death, and handed it off to her Black haired son Jace Velaryon.

That would have been the end of the Targaryen dynasty. Assuming Jace bore a son, and if not he could make Luc or Joffrey his heir, we would have seen black haired Velaryon kings for the rest of westeros. The Targ name would follow Aegon and Aemonds lines, but would have held no lands or title and become a family at court with no seat. the Velaryons would control the Iron throne and Driftmark. They really could have played up Aegon and Aemonds desire for war or to take the throne behind the idea that Rhaenyra was ending the familys reign. I dont remember that being a plot point as much as the other reasons for usurping.
There's an entire episode of Season 1 dealing with this.

The son inheriting the Iron Throne will be a Targaryen, the son inheriting Driftmark will be a Velaryon.

Targaryens are above the laws of the realm and do whatever the fuck they want, including incest.

Yeah they dont really spell out the idea that dragons that live long will have Muliple riders.

OG Aegon who used Balerion the biggest dragon westeros ever saw to conquer the 7 kingdoms eventually dies, and Baleron has 3 more Riders before he dies. I forget which 2, then Viserys, Rhaenyra's dad, aegons and Aemonds dad.

He rode Balerion for a short while then the dragon died of old age and he never claimed a new dragon.

Its common for a dragon to have multiple riders, when one dies another can claim. No riders have multiple dragons to my memory, if the Dragon dies usually the Rider never tries again.

Its like a less gay attunement the blue fags in Avatar do with their mounts.

so the 3 OG dragons that come to Westeros, one dies during the war to try to get Dorne into the 7 Kingdoms, 1 lives a long time and dies shortly before the DOTD, and 1 is still alive and dies during the DOTD.

Aemond doesn't have a dragon since I guess his egg didn't hatch and is being bullied, so he goes and claims the biggest fucking dragon left.

King Visyrs doesn't have a dragon because he had Balerion the Black Dread and it died of old age.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Half the things you guys complain about are nonsense.

The son inheriting the Iron Throne will be a Targaryen, the son inheriting Driftmark will be a Velaryon.

Targaryens are above the laws of the realm and do whatever the fuck they want, including incest.

Aemond doesn't have a dragon since I guess his egg didn't hatch and is being bullied, so he goes and claims the biggest fucking dragon left.

King Visyrs doesn't have a dragon because he had Balerion the Black Dread and it died of old age.
To be fair, season 1 was pretty forgettable. I was a bit lost trying to remember what the various characters did, how they were related, or even who they were when watching this season.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
In the scenes showing Vaegar, while he looks enormous he also looks pretty damned Joe Biden decrepit on the ground and taking flight. Once in the air he seems pretty energetic and capable. I wonder if this is accidental or foreshadowing.
SHE/HER!!!

• 1Like

bigolas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To be fair, season 1 was pretty forgettable. I was a bit lost trying to remember what the various characters did, how they were related, or even who they were when watching this season.
I can't blame that on the show. The problem is it was 2 years ago not 1. 10 minutes into s2 e1, I paused and watched the s1 recap that was posted here.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they are inbred just like the Targ family, and sometimes the eggs follow that line too. Like Rhaenyras dragon is the mother of Lucs dragon. So when they are seeing the body of Luc and his dragon, is both mothers. So they will try to give eggs to the same branches of the family but with limited stock they take what they can get.

Dragon Family tree

So Sheepstealer is the spawn of the dragon Rhaenyra Grandpa rode, who is currently unclaimed, and the dragon rode by the autist sister wife of Aegon II. So you can see how sometimes a child will claim a younger dragon, then their child will claim an older that freed up when an older person died.

Also based on that chart, Dreamfyre is a real SLUT dragon from Rick and Morty,.
While the dragon family tree is just as in bred as the Targaryan line, it's not nearly as fleshed out and there's large gaps in canonical knowledge, I would take that family tree with a huge grain of salt.

We know there are male and female dragons and we know they rarely have clutches of eggs once they are of age to reproduce, more than once per lifetime, but it's very rare (not annually like other animals with mating seasons). This is just my conjecture here, but it stands to reason, they are very long lived creatures, ~200 year life span, with virtually no predators, so from an evolutionary sense (yeah its a fantasy world...) but it stands to reason they have clutches of eggs at most, every human generation (~40 years) or so. This part really isn't that fleshed out. For the most part each she-dragon lays a clutch of eggs and multiple dragons are hatched all at once, and if you look at the tree it appears that the dragons only have 1 clutch per lifetime. But we know that dreamfyre laid multiple clutches (a clutch of 3 of her eggs are stolen by the lesbian lover of her Rider and they ended up in the free cities). Syrax lays a 2nd clutch of eggs, one of those eggs Daemon tries to steal to give to Mysaria when she is pregnant with his child, but that egg is taken back and given to his daughter Rhaena after her first egg didn't hatch and later on it hatches and is named Morning, the last female dragon ever hatched, with no male dragons around to mate with her when she reaches puberty. The last dragon ever hatched (named the last dragon) probably came from that same clutch of eggs but it died within a day or so of hatching.

We know in the book the dragons are divided into generations, where a she-dragon has laid a clutch of eggs and X number hatched, that is considered a generation. When there's only 1 male and 1 female laying eggs (like Balerion+Vhagar) then it's easy to tell which dragons came from them. In that next generation however, when there were 2 mated pairs (and targaryans were actively collecting their eggs) it's harder to tell which dragon which egg came from, unless it's specified in the books.

notable errors with that reddit link, Vermithor was lifelong mate of Silverwing, just as their riders (King Jahaerys and Alysanne) were.
Quicksilver and dreamfyre were mated. Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal all came from Dreamfyre's line...actually, looking at that chart, they flipped it.

Vermithor + Silverwing produced the Orange lineage, minus the 3 dragon eggs from GoT.
Quicksilver and Dreamfyre produced the red lineage + the 3 dragon eggs from GoT.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
While the dragon family tree is just as in bred as the Targaryan line, it's not nearly as fleshed out and there's large gaps in canonical knowledge, I would take that family tree with a huge grain of salt.

We know there are male and female dragons and we know they rarely have clutches of eggs once they are of age to reproduce, more than once per lifetime, but it's very rare (not annually like other animals with mating seasons). This is just my conjecture here, but it stands to reason, they are very long lived creatures, ~200 year life span, with virtually no predators, so from an evolutionary sense (yeah its a fantasy world...) but it stands to reason they have clutches of eggs at most, every human generation (~40 years) or so. This part really isn't that fleshed out. For the most part each she-dragon lays a clutch of eggs and multiple dragons are hatched all at once, and if you look at the tree it appears that the dragons only have 1 clutch per lifetime. But we know that dreamfyre laid multiple clutches (a clutch of 3 of her eggs are stolen by the lesbian lover of her Rider and they ended up in the free cities). Syrax lays a 2nd clutch of eggs, one of those eggs Daemon tries to steal to give to Mysaria when she is pregnant with his child, but that egg is taken back and given to his daughter Rhaena after her first egg didn't hatch and later on it hatches and is named Morning, the last female dragon ever hatched, with no male dragons around to mate with her when she reaches puberty. The last dragon ever hatched (named the last dragon) probably came from that same clutch of eggs but it died within a day or so of hatching.

We know in the book the dragons are divided into generations, where a she-dragon has laid a clutch of eggs and X number hatched, that is considered a generation. When there's only 1 male and 1 female laying eggs (like Balerion+Vhagar) then it's easy to tell which dragons came from them. In that next generation however, when there were 2 mated pairs (and targaryans were actively collecting their eggs) it's harder to tell which dragon which egg came from, unless it's specified in the books.

notable errors with that reddit link, Vermithor was lifelong mate of Silverwing, just as their riders (King Jahaerys and Alysanne) were.
Quicksilver and dreamfyre were mated. Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal all came from Dreamfyre's line...actually, looking at that chart, they flipped it.

Vermithor + Silverwing produced the Orange lineage, minus the 3 dragon eggs from GoT.
Quicksilver and Dreamfyre produced the red lineage + the 3 dragon eggs from GoT.

The scaly-furry has spoken

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
main-qimg-24e16320597bb73abb68164526f2894c-pjlq