House of the Dragon

Juvarisx

Florida
View attachment 537308

Holee sheit! One of the ugliest diversity by the numbers casting I have ever seen.

Nah show was legit. It was one of the weirdest prestige sci-fi shows made and had a lot of creativity. That ultimately doomed it, but the show itself was well acted but it couldnt find a big enough audience for what they were trying to do. Also they worked the diversity angle into the show properly so it made sense instead of casting by minority for the sake of it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
That show was fucking great and it's an absolute shame it got canceled. Mother was great in it and I wonder how many people started watching it and quit 30 minutes into the first episode and missed what the show really was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Nah show was legit. It was one of the weirdest prestige sci-fi shows made and had a lot of creativity. That ultimately doomed it, but the show itself was well acted but it couldnt find a big enough audience for what they were trying to do. Also they worked the diversity angle into the show properly so it made sense instead of casting by minority for the sake of it.
That show was fucking great and it's an absolute shame it got canceled. Mother was great in it and I wonder how many people started watching it and quit 30 minutes into the first episode and missed what the show really was.

It was another trademark, classic Bald Brah Bald Brah bad take

1721331340315.png

nu_11

Raised by Wolves was such a trip. S1 was boring but somehow S2 was an entertaining rollercoaster of crazy.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
not so live watch. Spoiler for length:

oh so they are going to show the lannister march, but instead of getting delayed due to riverlord armies, they make the lannisters a bunch of whiners who won't march unless Aemond/Vhagar come to help. IDK I guess they want to show aegon's team is more fractured/in-fighting than they actually are?

Otto Hightower already requested triarchy help, that's what he was doing the whole time he was hand, sending letters, making alliances. Aegon fired him because he wanted to spill blood instead of Ink. I guess making it so Aemond is the one who reaches out then Otto truly was useless and Aemond is way wiser than he actually is. i'm sure they'll change it so reaching out to the Triarchy is some calamitous error when in fact it was perhaps the single greatest upset of the entire war and dealt rhaenyra's team their greatest defeat, they virtually ended the Velaryon house, killed prince Jacerys and his dragon, and broke the blockade.

This whole Rhaenyra scene trying to make her sympathetic and concerned for the safety of her people she asks to try and tame the dragons. She's actually completely bedridden at this point, her son jace is the one who issues the decree, any Targ bastards anywhere on the island who can tame a dragon and fight for Rhaenyra will be made knights and given lands and titles and blah blah.

More Daemon hallucination scenes. They are quite well done, prolly the best part of this whole season. Again I enjoy this take, actually no longer sure if this Alys River's bewitching him or if he truly is going mad. But then again there he is seeking Alys' council so yeah, probably is her bewitching him actually.
"She never even wanted the crown".. LOL what a bullshit statement, completely contradicted by literally every single event that has happened in this show. Do the writers even pay attention?

watching this 'Dragon taming' knowing this queen's guard is about to get got is kinda lolsy.

having Rhaenyra's spies spread rumors among the small folk is an interesting change from the book, going to be kind of hard to square it though, as soon as Rhaenyra take the city everything just gets worse for them, so much so that they murder all her dragons and overthrow her.

Now Rhaenyra is practicing with a sword, omg this is so lolsy. She should be 300+ lbs at this point and bedridden, but ok girlboss it up.

Writers clearly don't own a map. The reach is where all the food comes from. The reach is part of Westeros, it connects to King's landing by land and road. The blockade has no affect on food deliveries. this is such a weird change, not really explainable. So again, what happens when Rhaenyra takes king's landing? There is no more blockade so food should just flow through the city then? So then why does the city immediately riot and murder all the gold cloaks, the dragons, and overthrow her? it'll be interesting to see how they decide to explain that.

Also not sure what the fuck the stone orbs are for. thought they were like, representative of each of the small council positions or something, not really sure what the point was of aemond giving it back to Aegon tho, this whole scene is just made up to show aemond torturing his brother to find out if he remembers that it was he who attacked and burned him, another ridiculous show only change.

Ok so confirmed what I said before, The show changed it so that Rhaena, Aegon III and Viserys (in the show, Rhaenyra's too youngest sons, both toddlers) are all in the Vale of Arryn and both have baby dragons. Which makes the earlier Black Council dragon taming scene ridiculous. Both of her sons have hatched baby dragons (as Lady Arryn complained to Rhaena about a few episodes back....Jacerys promised the Vale dragons to defend them and Jace gave her two toddlers with baby dragons), So then why did they mention during the dragon taming scene that her son's were too young to bond with the dragons? her son's have already bonded with their dragons they cannot bond with another even if they were of age to actually ride them. Jesus fuck these writers are just not paying attention.

Hrm so they are going to have her children travel to pentos....But now it's Rhaena who made the decision to do it, not Jacerys/Rhaenyra. More changes to alleviate Rhaenyra's incompetence...this is all so tiresome. Also looks like they moved sheepstealer to the Vale? its fine I guess nettles can be from the Vale.

Oh looks like Alyn (older brother in the show) also has a mop head and he's been hiding it all along? I dont really get this. both brothers should have the mop head if that is what they are going for. This scene is still kinda silly, the only reason Corlys didnt claim them is because he was terrified of his dragon riding targaryan wife. in the show they made it so she totally accepted him cheating, and besides she is dead now, he eagerly names them his Heirs (which is kinda funny since even in the book he still has Joffrey as his "heir" but he names his bastards his heirs over Rhaenyra's 3rd son, and nobody gives a shit. Everyone knows her first 3 boys aren't his actually grand children.

More Rhaenyra whining why can't she use a sword, lol...wtf is this garbage.

Oh and her gift is a skiffs full of food...from her sparse island.. god I wish these writers could look at a map. do they think apples only grow in essos or something? Again so now the smallfolk are going to herald her as their savior, so why do they overthrow her immediately after she takes over? It is an interesting change. Yeah these people are starving and when they finally get food they throw a food fight? lol and now they are rioting and killing random unnamed king's guard...yeah ok.

With the way this is all going they could end up with Rhaenyra taking King's landing this season if they rush through a bunch of shit. They are building up to the sea battle...hopefully next episode but if they don't have rhaenyra attack KL then the sea battle could be the season ender. Hopefully they also include the land battle between Lannister and Riverlands....They even mentioned the greyjoys so maybe they will even have the iron islands attack the westerlands, doubt they will show it but they can at least mention it.

I think the battle they will not include this season is the Reach battles. They at least mention Daeron.

So they killed Lord Tully a bit early....he doesn't die til later, the tully's dont march until the winter wolves arrive.

Finally, Adam gets Seasmoke. Which means that Laenor must of died at sea or something, or maybe he got knifed in some bar in pentos or something. Dragon's do not take multiple riders, the only way Seasmoke takes a new rider is if the previous one dies. So yeah Laenor is dead officially....except no, the writers are just bad at the lore of the show.

wtf is all these girlboss scenes between Rhaenyra and Mysaria? She is Daemon's mistress/master of whispers, I dont think she ever speaks one word to Rhaenyra in the book? Yet they are just galpals now just bossbitching it up?

And wtf is this bs story about her dad molesting her? And she can't have children? She was fucking pregnant with Daemon's fucking kid last fucking season. This is just pure modern political interjecting directly into the show. wtf is wrong with these writers? Oh now they get to lezz out..of fucking course. The (female) writer of this episode is just self-inserting here.
So basically this whole episode is just correcting the record getting us back closer to the events of the book, but changing how they happen so that Rhaenyra is not at fault for any of the calamities that take place. About 85% of the scenes were completely made up, the rest were significantly modified to make Rhaenyra a bossbitch mary sue, which is to be expected from these woketard writers.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
holee fuck. just canceled my hbo subscription. what an epic failure of a series.
huh? What's wrong bald brah? I thought you loved this show. You and Chris were the only ones in here defending this garbage, so what's changed? the answer is nothing, the writing, pacing, action pieces, plot, setting etc in this last episode is 100% par the course for the rest of the series, it has been this bad since Episode 1 of Season 1, nothing has changed, so why do you suddenly dislike it?

Are you just now realizing that the writers have turned this story into a revisionist version of 2016 with Rhaenyra as Hillary Rodham Clinton and it was HER TURN and it was STOLEN FROM HER and so they've changed literally everything about the story to make her this super leader mary sue who can do no wrong and every male, especially every white male is incompetent and evil and just needs to get out of the way and BELIEVE IN WOMEN? Are you NOT WITH HER anymore?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Toids

Trakanon Raider
This is so fucking boring it must be intentional. I guess I am now watching highly produced fantasy soap operas... I can't wait for the rider-less dragon's plot point of finding their true sexuality.

spronk

FPS noob
at least it wasn't 2 dicks

and yeah this is boring ass shit written for women, sucks that when someone finally lez's out its two ugly dykes. might as well have made rhaenyra fat like in the books, CGI that shit so she's big as a dragon so at least we can laugh when she goes off riding

Chris

Potato del Grande
not so live watch. Spoiler for length:

oh so they are going to show the lannister march, but instead of getting delayed due to riverlord armies, they make the lannisters a bunch of whiners who won't march unless Aemond/Vhagar come to help. IDK I guess they want to show aegon's team is more fractured/in-fighting than they actually are?

Otto Hightower already requested triarchy help, that's what he was doing the whole time he was hand, sending letters, making alliances. Aegon fired him because he wanted to spill blood instead of Ink. I guess making it so Aemond is the one who reaches out then Otto truly was useless and Aemond is way wiser than he actually is. i'm sure they'll change it so reaching out to the Triarchy is some calamitous error when in fact it was perhaps the single greatest upset of the entire war and dealt rhaenyra's team their greatest defeat, they virtually ended the Velaryon house, killed prince Jacerys and his dragon, and broke the blockade.

This whole Rhaenyra scene trying to make her sympathetic and concerned for the safety of her people she asks to try and tame the dragons. She's actually completely bedridden at this point, her son jace is the one who issues the decree, any Targ bastards anywhere on the island who can tame a dragon and fight for Rhaenyra will be made knights and given lands and titles and blah blah.

More Daemon hallucination scenes. They are quite well done, prolly the best part of this whole season. Again I enjoy this take, actually no longer sure if this Alys River's bewitching him or if he truly is going mad. But then again there he is seeking Alys' council so yeah, probably is her bewitching him actually.
"She never even wanted the crown".. LOL what a bullshit statement, completely contradicted by literally every single event that has happened in this show. Do the writers even pay attention?

watching this 'Dragon taming' knowing this queen's guard is about to get got is kinda lolsy.

having Rhaenyra's spies spread rumors among the small folk is an interesting change from the book, going to be kind of hard to square it though, as soon as Rhaenyra take the city everything just gets worse for them, so much so that they murder all her dragons and overthrow her.

Now Rhaenyra is practicing with a sword, omg this is so lolsy. She should be 300+ lbs at this point and bedridden, but ok girlboss it up.

Writers clearly don't own a map. The reach is where all the food comes from. The reach is part of Westeros, it connects to King's landing by land and road. The blockade has no affect on food deliveries. this is such a weird change, not really explainable. So again, what happens when Rhaenyra takes king's landing? There is no more blockade so food should just flow through the city then? So then why does the city immediately riot and murder all the gold cloaks, the dragons, and overthrow her? it'll be interesting to see how they decide to explain that.

Also not sure what the fuck the stone orbs are for. thought they were like, representative of each of the small council positions or something, not really sure what the point was of aemond giving it back to Aegon tho, this whole scene is just made up to show aemond torturing his brother to find out if he remembers that it was he who attacked and burned him, another ridiculous show only change.

Ok so confirmed what I said before, The show changed it so that Rhaena, Aegon III and Viserys (in the show, Rhaenyra's too youngest sons, both toddlers) are all in the Vale of Arryn and both have baby dragons. Which makes the earlier Black Council dragon taming scene ridiculous. Both of her sons have hatched baby dragons (as Lady Arryn complained to Rhaena about a few episodes back....Jacerys promised the Vale dragons to defend them and Jace gave her two toddlers with baby dragons), So then why did they mention during the dragon taming scene that her son's were too young to bond with the dragons? her son's have already bonded with their dragons they cannot bond with another even if they were of age to actually ride them. Jesus fuck these writers are just not paying attention.

Hrm so they are going to have her children travel to pentos....But now it's Rhaena who made the decision to do it, not Jacerys/Rhaenyra. More changes to alleviate Rhaenyra's incompetence...this is all so tiresome. Also looks like they moved sheepstealer to the Vale? its fine I guess nettles can be from the Vale.

Oh looks like Alyn (older brother in the show) also has a mop head and he's been hiding it all along? I dont really get this. both brothers should have the mop head if that is what they are going for. This scene is still kinda silly, the only reason Corlys didnt claim them is because he was terrified of his dragon riding targaryan wife. in the show they made it so she totally accepted him cheating, and besides she is dead now, he eagerly names them his Heirs (which is kinda funny since even in the book he still has Joffrey as his "heir" but he names his bastards his heirs over Rhaenyra's 3rd son, and nobody gives a shit. Everyone knows her first 3 boys aren't his actually grand children.

More Rhaenyra whining why can't she use a sword, lol...wtf is this garbage.

Oh and her gift is a skiffs full of food...from her sparse island.. god I wish these writers could look at a map. do they think apples only grow in essos or something? Again so now the smallfolk are going to herald her as their savior, so why do they overthrow her immediately after she takes over? It is an interesting change. Yeah these people are starving and when they finally get food they throw a food fight? lol and now they are rioting and killing random unnamed king's guard...yeah ok.

With the way this is all going they could end up with Rhaenyra taking King's landing this season if they rush through a bunch of shit. They are building up to the sea battle...hopefully next episode but if they don't have rhaenyra attack KL then the sea battle could be the season ender. Hopefully they also include the land battle between Lannister and Riverlands....They even mentioned the greyjoys so maybe they will even have the iron islands attack the westerlands, doubt they will show it but they can at least mention it.

I think the battle they will not include this season is the Reach battles. They at least mention Daeron.

So they killed Lord Tully a bit early....he doesn't die til later, the tully's dont march until the winter wolves arrive.

Finally, Adam gets Seasmoke. Which means that Laenor must of died at sea or something, or maybe he got knifed in some bar in pentos or something. Dragon's do not take multiple riders, the only way Seasmoke takes a new rider is if the previous one dies. So yeah Laenor is dead officially....except no, the writers are just bad at the lore of the show.

wtf is all these girlboss scenes between Rhaenyra and Mysaria? She is Daemon's mistress/master of whispers, I dont think she ever speaks one word to Rhaenyra in the book? Yet they are just galpals now just bossbitching it up?

And wtf is this bs story about her dad molesting her? And she can't have children? She was fucking pregnant with Daemon's fucking kid last fucking season. This is just pure modern political interjecting directly into the show. wtf is wrong with these writers? Oh now they get to lezz out..of fucking course. The (female) writer of this episode is just self-inserting here.
So basically this whole episode is just correcting the record getting us back closer to the events of the book, but changing how they happen so that Rhaenyra is not at fault for any of the calamities that take place. About 85% of the scenes were completely made up, the rest were significantly modified to make Rhaenyra a bossbitch mary sue, which is to be expected from these woketard writers.
I can't belive they made up 85% of the scenes from the holy scripture of Fire & Blood.

They can't keep getting away with it.

• 1Worf

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
huh? What's wrong bald brah? I thought you loved this show. You and Chris were the only ones in here defending this garbage, so what's changed? the answer is nothing, the writing, pacing, action pieces, plot, setting etc in this last episode is 100% par the course for the rest of the series, it has been this bad since Episode 1 of Season 1, nothing has changed, so why do you suddenly dislike it?

Are you just now realizing that the writers have turned this story into a revisionist version of 2016 with Rhaenyra as Hillary Rodham Clinton and it was HER TURN and it was STOLEN FROM HER and so they've changed literally everything about the story to make her this super leader mary sue who can do no wrong and every male, especially every white male is incompetent and evil and just needs to get out of the way and BELIEVE IN WOMEN? Are you NOT WITH HER anymore?

There were a lot of elements of the show I disliked but they were more peripheral than front and center. The whole whore to spy to trusted advisor plot was beyond stupid. But now lesbian lover too out of nowhere? Show 100 percent jumped the shark moment. Plus the whole dragon rider thing at the end. Just beyond stupid.

When they asked why I canceled my answer was house of the dragon, season 2 episode 6. Utter tripe.

Yes it's went full blown bad soap opera or trashy girl fantasy sex novella territory now.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
There were a lot of elements of the show I disliked but they were more peripheral than front and center. The whole whore to spy to trusted advisor plot was beyond stupid. But now lesbian lover too out of nowhere? Show 100 percent jumped the shark moment. Plus the whole dragon rider thing at the end. Just beyond stupid.

When they asked why I canceled my answer was house of the dragon, season 2 episode 6. Utter tripe.

Yes it's went full blown bad soap opera or trashy girl fantasy sex novella territory now.
Not seen the episode yet, does Rhaenyra dive into a Myrrish swamp?

Do you think that ruling Queen having a lesbian power fantasy is out of place for Game of Thrones?

Last edited:

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not seen the epispde yet, does Rhaenyra dive into a Myrrish swamp?

Do you think that ruling Queen having a lesbian power fantasy is out of place for Game of Thrones?

It's not just the dumb lesbian turn. That whole subplot with the rat faced hooker is just detestable. Now she's been pushed up to savior of the realm and queen's paramore out of left field.

Also the plot where the giant white knight who grew up around dragons his whole life gets roasted in .5 seconds, then the dragon goes on holiday to chase down his new basketball american rider. It went from house of dragons to house of diversity hires overnight.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Not seen the epispde yet, does Rhaenyra dive into a Myrrish swamp?

wrong fantasy there Chris.

Here's a picture of Rhaenyra and Mysaria from the writer's POV.
9c5a6695-05d4-4215-bd15-7b7a46873e77_7390c88c.jpg

It's not just the dumb lesbian turn. That whole subplot with the rat faced hooker is just detestable. Now she's been pushed up to savior of the realm and queen's paramore out of left field.

Also the plot where the giant white knight who grew up around dragons his whole life gets roasted in .5 seconds, then the dragon goes on holiday to chase down his new basketball american rider. It went from house of dragons to house of diversity hires overnight.
diversity hires....overnight? Where the fuck have you been for the entire fucking series?

Addam being a dragonrider is the only book accurate thing to happen in last night's episode, but he and his whole lineage were DEI from the onset of the series.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This is why I never watch any of the shows that my coworkers recommend. They're always 70% bad and I have to begrudgingly watch to the end of the season once I start. I'm only finishing this shit because of eye patch. What a dumb fucking show. I need less women in my life, and that goes for writing and show runner credits in my show too. Less women.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
diversity hires....overnight? Where the fuck have you been for the entire fucking series?

Addam being a dragonrider is the only book accurate thing to happen in last night's episode, but he and his whole lineage were DEI from the onset of the series.

I always had issues with the way this show inserted mop headed sub saharan Africans into a fantasized version of medieval England, especially when the previous show had already been inclusive of them on a separate African-like continent.

It just didn't totally kill my investment because they were such a small part of what was going on.

Now that Daemon has been sidelined for 5 episodes, Crispin has been neutered, Aeogon is half dead, and turned Aemond completely into Snively Whiplash, any interest I had in this show has evaporated.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know this'll get me hate, but, I actually did NOT mind the black african move. It lets them stand out noticeably especially with strong bastardy on s1 and their bloodline dying out. It lets them be like the targs in uniqueness while separate from them. Asian would work here too of course.

The problem is thats not why they did it. They did it because they're woke fucks. They surrounded it with woke shit. If it was JUST black skinned corlys in s1e1 and nothing else woke, I would praise their ingenuity.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know this'll get me hate, but, I actually did NOT mind the black african move. It lets them stand out noticeably especially with strong bastardy on s1 and their bloodline dying out. It lets them be like the targs in uniqueness while separate from them. Asian would work here too of course.

The problem is thats not why they did it. They did it because they're woke fucks. They surrounded it with woke shit. If it was JUST black skinned corlys in s1e1 and nothing else woke, I would praise their ingenuity.

It was odd, but it didn't turn me off from the show. I understand they have DEI goals they have to meet and if they wanted to do it in such a ridiculously stupid way I didn't mind, as long as the plot was interesting. In S1 it was pretty decent. S2 though. Blah. But it's only a small part of what's wrong with the show.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
We're rewatching S1 right now. First time through, I was surprised that I was ok with the ridiculous black valyrians. Because like you say, it did make the bastard thing more obvious.

But rewatching it I notice something fucked up. Not one single time does anyone refer to their skin color. Its always, 100% of the time, hair color.

A black dude has two white kids and literally nobody on the show points it out. Ever. Not once. Just hair color.

They're doing that "cast characters as black but then have everyone pretend they're white" thing because they can't help themselves. Ridiculous. They specifically refuse to use the one advantage of casting black actors for these roles, because that would go against their bizarre narrative. These people are fucking broken.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
lol how on earth did you think that House Velaryon was "only a small part of what was going on" when they are a huge and predominant part of the series. You think faggot woke writers would pick some minor house with no involvement to DEI it up? The entire story involves them. The dance of dragons is the story of the the dying of the dragons but it is also the story of the downfall of House Velaryon.

Of all the changes to the book, character assassinations and outright heresy, my biggest pet peeve right now is that these woketard liberals don't know where food comes from. They think it comes from the Grocery store I guess.

Here's a map. Ignore the north half, the fucking north is huge but also cold af. It's scotland.

Turn your eyes to the south. Notice the only green areas of the map. One is the Reach, the other is the crownlands (the land surrounding King's landing). See how they are right next to each other?? This is where food comes from. Notice how there is no massive bodies of water that would require food to be shipped by boat?

We spent 5 fucking seasons in Game of Thrones establishing this. From Season 2 when the Reach/Tyrells were first introduced, from Lady Olena explaining to Tywin how many tens of thousands of head of sheep, goat, cows they were delivering to the city, to the tonnage of grains? all the way to season 7 when Jaime and Bronn had laid siege to highgarden and forced the reach to give up their harvests to feed King's landing through what was thought to be a 10 year winter?

A lot of food is also grown in the riverlands but since they are fighting/declared for Rhaenyra that's pretty much a wash.

See that tiny little rock island in the middle of the bay called Dragonstone? Yeah they aren't growing any food there. They live by fishing and trade.

The food riots start when Rhaenyra takes over King's landing and loses access the reach.

a09aff80241c0edb407fcb17dc783777.jpg