House of the Dragon

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I started to watch the very first episode back when it was originally released. I didn't get into it, so turned it off maybe 1/4-1/2 way through. Is this show any good?
No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I smelled Season 2 coming and took a pass on it after the showrunner changes before Season 2 started filming.

Then the actors started shading the current showrunner in public interviews after Season 2 launched-- further confirming my suspicion.

Senior veteran GoT showrunner being kicked off the show simply because his wife wanted official credit if they are doing Season 2 again, because she "doesn't have the credits" ??? made no fucking sense when she already had credit on Season 1 and worked on the show previously. That just reeked of mismanagement and a greedy bitch radio edit co-showrunner wanting his name to stand alone by itself.

Well here you are, here's your piece of shit credit in the highest caption. Congratulations on Season 2.

If the principal showrunner gets replaced for Season 3, I'll pick it back up.

Fuck Ryan Condall.

Last edited:

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I started to watch the very first episode back when it was originally released. I didn't get into it, so turned it off maybe 1/4-1/2 way through. Is this show any good?
I would wait for the entire show to be released. Then you just skip through the parts that bore you(and there will be many), and enjoy the few moments that are well done.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Hollywood screenwriters are basically just writing their own fantasy wishes about their lives. Tranny acceptance and adulation, lesbian love stories of the rich and powerful, Incels being given positions of high power and influence.

spronk

FPS noob
imdb ratings, i think the highs are too high but most people really do like seeing dragons in a show called house of the dragons lol

gg0y6df371hd1.jpeg

Meanwhile the parent company Discovery/WB is in financial trouble, so I don't think the showrunners are gonna get much relief for season 3 there as Discovery is looking to sell off assets to pare down debt which is a huge problem especially as the shares have lost 70% in the past 2 years.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds good. I'll continue to ignore it.
I've downloaded the first two seasons but never watched a second of it. I'll save them just because HBO likes to nuke shit, but I may end up just deleting this shit in another couple years.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The moment to moment character interactions were passable (better than Dan & Dave shit),

Hard disagree with this. GOT was very compelling throughout the majority of its episodes, full of character development and gripping scenes. Even the dialogue heavy/action free episodes. For a while after s8 it was comically tragic how random GOT videos on my youtube feed were a reminder of how good peak GOT could be. It's taken me 5 years but I'm currently halfway through S6 on a rewatch and whilst it's not as gripping as my earlier watches it's good enough for me to get through 2-3 episodes a night. It's only now in S6 where the dialogue in some scenes starts to be a bit cringe (like Sansa and Jon talking how she used to be mean to him)

By comparison, the dialogue heavy scenes in HOTD feel like someone trying to do a bad impression of GOT. The stuff on Sunday between Alicent and Rhaenyra was dull. The whole series has been dull and boring. I don't recall any boring episodes of GOT. When I watched them with a friend I'd always turn to him and say "wow".

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
as everyone else said, no, avoid at all costs.

Even if you are the special type of retarded faggot that loves shitty fanfic writer self-inserts which is all this show is, I'd still tell you no.

This entire season was a montage/build up to a battle. Not a cliffhanger, they didn't actually show anything, this is just pure build up.

Except just like between season 1 and season 2, season 3 is TWO FUCKING YEARS away.

Look the writers can't write, the actors, well some can't act, but being generous and saying that most of them can act, but you can only do so much with what you are given, but the biggest problem is the people running this show do not know how to run shows. You do not do a season long slow broil build up when you know it'll be years before you continue the show and you haven't even started writing the next season yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
Hard disagree with this. GOT was very compelling throughout the majority of its episodes, full of character development and gripping scenes. Even the dialogue heavy/action free episodes. For a while after s8 it was comically tragic how random GOT videos on my youtube feed were a reminder of how good peak GOT could be. It's taken me 5 years but I'm currently halfway through S6 on a rewatch and whilst it's not as gripping as my earlier watches it's good enough for me to get through 2-3 episodes a night. It's only now in S6 where the dialogue in some scenes starts to be a bit cringe (like Sansa and Jon talking how she used to be mean to him)

By comparison, the dialogue heavy scenes in HOTD feel like someone trying to do a bad impression of GOT. The stuff on Sunday between Alicent and Rhaenyra was dull. The whole series has been dull and boring. I don't recall any boring episodes of GOT. When I watched them with a friend I'd always turn to him and say "wow".
gonna have to agree with dogfucker here, the best of this show is on par or worse than the worst of GoT. The dialogue is of course atrocious, it makes the dialogue in the star wars prequels look Oscar quality, but really, there is just no one in charge so each turbodyke lesbian in that writers room just does whatever she wants week to week and there is no real continuity for anything.

Let me give you a simple example, look at this recent retarded take from the writers:

In the book, a young (14 y/o) Rhaenyra becomes smitten with Sir Criston Cole, lord commander of the King's Guard. This is standard teenage fancy, first crush sort of shit, nothing out of the ordinary. Now Cole is an honorable knight with sworn vows, so when she approaches him, he refuses her. This broke her heart, I mean all her life she was this princess who always got whatever she wanted, no one ever denied her anything! She runs to her uncle Daemon, and the stories differ here, some say Daemon took advantage of her in a moment of weakness and bruised self-esteem, another account says she begged her uncle to teach her the ways of sex so that she could seduce Sir Criston and make him hers, but regardless, she ends up dishonoring her self by bedding her own uncle.

That is the baseline from the book, and here is what they changed for the show:

They aged Alicent down, way down, to make her and Rhaenyra childhood friends. In the book Alicent is 10-15 years older than Rhaenyra and other than being aware of each other from Court, she has always been a step-mother figure not this childhood girl talk pillow fight friends.
They desecrated Sir Criston Cole, outright character assassination, not only does he break his vows and bed's his King's 14 year old daughter, but then he turns around and starts fucking his king's widow right after he dies, i mean they truly made him just a complete piece of shit.
They have focused the story and all the dialogue for this to be a battle between two queens, Alicent vs Rhaenyra, when in the book the conflict is and has always been Aegon vs Rhaenyra.

So you would think, ok, they made all these changes, so they are childhood friends who sort of developed somewhat of a rivalry, friends become enemies, that sort of thing, or at least complex feelings, when Rhaenyra's bestie ends up marrying her dad and giving him a bunch of sons, and then later ends up having an affair with her childhood crush and the man that took her virginity? There's some emotional paydirt to be mined here. They could of really did something with this, She took her dad from her, she took her first love, and now her son's a threat to her legitimacy? This isn't really book canon but there is a story to be told here, deep emotional complexity, betrayal, anger, I can see where the show is going with this. And it starts to make sense they are setting up this Queen vs Queen scenario.

And they fucking abandoned it entirely. 2 seasons of buildup for what this war is really about and they just casually mentioned this whole angle for the first time in the season 2 finale. In between a few wooden lines of garbage dialogue where alicent agrees to let rhaenyra murder her sons after she murdered her grandson? The best they can come up with to explain the underlying hostility is "oh Alicent just misheard her husband on his deathbed, my bad"

So really what the fuck was the point to making all these changes to the book if they weren't going to use any of it? And how the fuck did they arrive at whatever the fuck that was in the reddit quote?

Why the fuck did they do Cole so dirty if they weren't going to DO anything with it? It's not like Cole has much left, he's about to get killed off in one of the battles that they either skipped or delayed since they ran out of money and cut the episode counts down.

This is just a minor example of the changes they've made for the show, that go no where and have no purpose. Understand that they've changed literally everything and every character, nothing is safe, nothing is sacred, only that Rhaenyra must be made into this Mary-Sue who can do no wrong.

The adult who was in charge quit the show during season 1, and now it's chaos. Just a bunch of blue haired tranny's writing fanfic week to week.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
so apparently the temu Khal Drogo that had the only action scene of the finale (the mud wrestling) is a retarded youtube tranny. It runs a channel called philosophy tube so the line "What kind of person are you? A warrior? A philosopher?" is an idiots reference to that. So yeah, the show wasted 10 mins of everyones time self-inserting an ugly ass tranny for the lulz, how awesome

i could not for the life of me figure out what this character was doing in the show or why i was suddenly watching another show but there ya go. its apparently also in Acolyte and other recent shows so yeah, Hollywood isn't pushing an agenda or anything
Knew it was a tranny. I've actually seen some of his videos, it's the stereotypical oversexualised gynophillia type transexual.

If they had any balls they would have had big Tyrion have to fuck it.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
Well with Chris throwing in the towel that's the 3rd and final hold out of people who previously defended this shit show admitting it is shit. Time to wrap this thread up and let it die.

In 2 years if/when Season 3 premieres I'm sure someone will dig this thread up just to read the last few posts, to remind themselves what the fuck this show was even about and what happened in the previous seasons. I'm betting by season 3 they'll even make the dragons gay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God damn what a bummer this season was. There was literally only 25 mins of this season worth watching. The rest was just 8 hours of the same conversation that went no where. This was a worse 2 year wait than season 8 of GoT. And now another useless 2 year wait for season 3.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
i'd say GoT s8 is still worse because it turned a bunch of great characters - Varys, Brienne of Tarth, Jaime, Tyrion, Arya, Jon, Cersei, etc - into retards who had extremely unsatisfying endings. It also ruined the Night Kings army, the undead threat, the wall, dragons, the long night, Winter is Coming, the Prince who Was Promised, on and on into pointless garbage.

House of the Dragons has a bunch of characters nobody really gives a shit about so a season where they all just stand around quoting feminist and marxist texts suddenly is shitty but who cares since none of the characters were really that great to begin with. Oh no, Rhaenyra the fetal alcohol syndrome spoiled brat is now a boring ugly indecisive queen, what a loss.

The only good thing about HotD is seeing so many cool dragons doing dragon shit, its the equivalent of a world of warcraft cutscene

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I was one of the first to jump on this shit being gay but I still don't regret watching it. It's just that it could and should have been so much more and better.
I made a comment on X in the show tweet about how most of this shit isn't even in the book this season and some dude replied back that literally it was all in the books.
Eh