House of the Dragon

Burns

The tranny pirate was concerned about consent. The director and writer let him know that of course pirates ask for consent first:

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I just finished a s1-8 watch of the Dolby vision Atmos Blu-ray. The picture quality and sound was only motivation for starting.

Definitely made an insane difference - battles with horses charging past on the surround speakers and the ground shaking from the bass, fully grown dragons flying overhead on my ceiling speakers, the red keep falling down sounded awesome too

Rewatching really emphasised how anticlimatic and pale HOTD is in comparison. S6E09 had the battle for Mereen AND the bastards, then 10 had Cersei blowing up the Sept which was essentially one big set piece with its own orchestral score and gradually increasing tension. Even things like characters having their own themes like the Greyjoys and Melisandre - does HOTD have anything similar?

I could forgive all the bullshit in got s8 except Arya's force jump. That will forever be unforgivable.

Rewatching s8 was painful. Another classic example of his idiocy from bad-take Bald Brah Bald Brah

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1000010943.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Warner: The guy that did the big battles and big GoT moments?

HBO: Sapochnik, yeah, we booted him.

Warner: The GoT battle expert is not doing the battles? We're not pissing money away anymore.

Alright, cut those 2 episodes.

Burns

Warner: The guy that did the big battles and big GoT moments?

HBO: Sapochnik, yeah, we booted him.

Warner: The GoT battle expert is not doing the battles? We're not pissing money away anymore.

Alright, cut those 2 episodes.
Outside of Mance's siege at The Wall, the best battles in GoT were the ones that weren't shown. Battle of the Bastards was a grand spectacle that was neat to watch once, but still overall stupid. Everything after that just got dumber.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Outside of Mance's siege at The Wall, the best battles in GoT were the ones that weren't shown. Battle of the Bastards was a grand spectacle that was neat to watch once, but still overall stupid. Everything after that just got dumber.

I dont know, if you want to armchair medieval combat then sure you wont like it. But the story was good. Jon got baited, went too hard, lost, saved by the vale (The lack of setup for that is a real issue) but the combat looked amazing, the score was amazing, the mini set pieces were amazing. I cant imagine calling one of the best epsidoes of television ever "neat to watch once but overall stupid"

Battle of Blackwater was great for a 2nd season of a TV show in what, 2011 when money for shows was much less and not on par with movies. GOT is a part of the reason shows now have massive budgets.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user