House of the Dragon

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Season 8 was worse from a narrative point of view because it destroyed the characters and the previous 7 seasons

Hotd s2 is worse from an entertainment point of view because it was all build up with no pay off. S8 at least had some cool moments

S2 just shows that the show runner doesn't understand the audience.

In their defence you could make the case this isn't GOT and they're following their own series narrative structure, that the 9th episode of each GOT series being the climax isn't a path they're following. But we've had two seasons of build up with one battle

Ultimately S8 was worse for the overall damage it did to the shows reputation. It was borderline suicidal.

Hotd doesn't have it's own reputation and is to an extent capitalizing on the franchise

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I could forgive all the bullshit in got s8 except Arya's force jump. That will forever be unforgivable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

so apparently the temu Khal Drogo that had the only action scene of the finale (the mud wrestling) is a retarded youtube tranny. It runs a channel called philosophy tube so the line "What kind of person are you? A warrior? A philosopher?" is an idiots reference to that. So yeah, the show wasted 10 mins of everyones time self-inserting an ugly ass tranny for the lulz, how awesome

i could not for the life of me figure out what this character was doing in the show or why i was suddenly watching another show but there ya go. its apparently also in Acolyte and other recent shows so yeah, Hollywood isn't pushing an agenda or anything
not just a tranny. but also a communist. like, "take up arms, kill capitalists and conservatives" commie. actual calls to violence, war, revolution. should be on a terrorist watch group, and not allowed into the US commie.
also stalked and copied Contrapoints. another "philosophy" tranny. like seriously, buffalo bill style. dated, transitioned, started wearing the same cloths, hair styles, made a youtube channel covering the same content, with the same editing, etc..

also got a role on The Acolyte. Weird that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
not just a tranny. but also a communist. like, "take up arms, kill capitalists and conservatives" commie. actual calls to violence, war, revolution. should be on a terrorist watch group, and not allowed into the US commie.
also stalked and copied Contrapoints. another "philosophy" tranny. like seriously, buffalo bill style. dated, transitioned, started wearing the same cloths, hair styles, made a youtube channel covering the same content, with the same editing, etc..

also got a role on The Acolyte. Weird that.

Jesus Christ this piece of shit faggot was even in BG3.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i'd say GoT s8 is still worse because it turned a bunch of great characters - Varys, Brienne of Tarth, Jaime, Tyrion, Arya, Jon, Cersei, etc - into retards who had extremely unsatisfying endings. It also ruined the Night Kings army, the undead threat, the wall, dragons, the long night, Winter is Coming, the Prince who Was Promised, on and on into pointless garbage.

House of the Dragons has a bunch of characters nobody really gives a shit about so a season where they all just stand around quoting feminist and marxist texts suddenly is shitty but who cares since none of the characters were really that great to begin with. Oh no, Rhaenyra the fetal alcohol syndrome spoiled brat is now a boring ugly indecisive queen, what a loss.

The only good thing about HotD is seeing so many cool dragons doing dragon shit, its the equivalent of a world of warcraft cutscene

Let's not forget Littlefinger became an idiot that couldn't read the room. There wasn't a single character that wasn't subverted and destroyed.

They wanted Littlefinger to take an L, that's fine. But you go about it a different way than just making him -70 IQ suddenly.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1000010712.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Them basically writing out a huge character in the book (Nettles) to give some lame duck character like Rhaena a story line is retarded.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Them basically writing out a huge character in the book (Nettles) to give some lame duck character like Rhaena a story line is retarded.

They cut and merged many GOT characters. It's hard enough to keep track of the joggaryens as it is.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
They cut and merged many GOT characters. It's hard enough to keep track of the joggaryens as it is.
imagine how much you would care about her character though if she were white?

GoT had a thousand named characters across around 5k+ manuscript pages obviously they had to cut/merge/pare down a number of characters to adapt it to television.

The Dying of the Dragons, the sections of Blood and Fire which are being adapted to Television, around ~80 manuscript pages featuring a few dozen characters, was written in an outline form, almost like a screen play, almost as if he knew that these would be adapted to television format and he cut out the middleman to make cashing the HBO checks easier.

There is no excuse for cutting out/merging any character, much less creating/expanding the roles of several non-characters like Mysaria to make her the queen's right hand/lesbian lover or whatever the fuck that turbo dyke tranny was.

Especially considering that 85% of the show so far has been entirely bullshit filler invented for the show.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lmao @ cost-cutting on a tentpole franchise

Warner must have seen the scripts. That fucking bad. "Cut this season down"

I joked a few months ago that Bloys would be cutting episodes and maybe a future season would just be a 2 hour movie.

Looks like I was right.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No. The problem with S2 is Alphabet people. Remove everyone associated with the show who is an Alphabet person and the problems with the show go away.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally watching this, on Ep 5. This face sums up the season so far.

1723174490243.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
which one of you hacked my fucking algorithm? is this site selling its user data now?

Other than posting in this thread, I have absolutely no digital footprint regarding this show. I don't search for it on google I don't watch tiktoks about it I don't do shit. I occasionally visit the ASOIAF wiki and I own (Ok I torrented them) the e-books of Fire and Blood along with all the ASOIAF books on my computer but other than some Game of Thrones fan theory videos linked here from people like Chuk I watched 5-10 years ago, i'm not watching any videos even remotely associated with this show.

My youtube is almost entirely music videos, mostly 90s music videos but with some 80s, 00s and 10's. I get a lot of Rick Beato videos popping up in my feed, a lot of the drumeo stuff where they take a famous drummer from one band and have them listen to drummerless versions of popular songs from a completely different genre, shit like that.

So why was this video the top suggestion today? How did the internet know that I knew this writing was shit and it's top suggestion was for me to watch other people talk about the writing of this show being shit?

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
which one of you hacked my fucking algorithm? is this site selling its user data now?

Other than posting in this thread, I have absolutely no digital footprint regarding this show. I don't search for it on google I don't watch tiktoks about it I don't do shit. I occasionally visit the ASOIAF wiki and I own (Ok I torrented them) the e-books of Fire and Blood along with all the ASOIAF books on my computer but other than some Game of Thrones fan theory videos linked here from people like Chuk I watched 5-10 years ago, i'm not watching any videos even remotely associated with this show.

My youtube is almost entirely music videos, mostly 90s music videos but with some 80s, 00s and 10's. I get a lot of Rick Beato videos popping up in my feed, a lot of the drumeo stuff where they take a famous drummer from one band and have them listen to drummerless versions of popular songs from a completely different genre, shit like that.

So why was this video the top suggestion today? How did the internet know that I knew this writing was shit and it's top suggestion was for me to watch other people talk about the writing of this show being shit?

Your browser has ad tracking. Are you using Chrome? Google is very nosey.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The AI is gonna kill us all.