House of the Dragon

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
holy fucking shit what a god awful boring episode. Jesus Christ, this is worse than any ROP episode so far. So totally removed of anything remotely resembling Game of Thrones. By this point in S01 of GOT Ned was putting the pieces together and Tyrion was taken hostage by Catelyn. Yet HOTD is all talk with literally nothing happening.

This is like a soap opera spin off of GOT, lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This episode was the most classic GOT. Show is getting better.

If anyone watched The Tudors, great show, and this episode is reminiscent.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
everyone sweating half way through the episode

82hzuow23cn91.jpg

(she's 22, you are safe from da FBI)

i thought it was a great episode, really had OG game of thrones vibes except for weird PG13 sex. Hightower being manipulative and thinking he got everything covered and shit blowing up in his face felt very Cersei. Walking around Kings Landing was great, Daemon is of course the best part of the show but the whole cast is growing on me and you can feel the undercurrent of a ton of intrigue and maneuvering going on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
It's funny seeing people complain about this show when the main complaint from GoT is not following the source material. This is as close to source as GoT has been since s4.

Show is still in the good category, not great, but there is still a lot to like.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This episode was the most classic GOT. Show is getting better.

If anyone watched The Tudors, great show, and this episode is reminiscent.

By episode 4 of the first season of GOT Catelyn captures Tyrion and shit was going down. Episode 4 of House of The Dragon spent almost an hour on how Rhaenyra doesnt want to get married or have kids.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Targs are never immune to fire. Only danaerys is, and only on the show after D&D took over with their shitty writing. She is never immune to fire in the books.

In the books targs are basically "florida man" in their ability to tolerate heat/humidity vs say, a canadian.

Rest of your post was on point tho.
Actually I'm pretty sure she didn't burn in an earlier season when she handled the dragon egg. Might have been D&D's writing though but it was definitely during a season based on the books I'm pretty sure.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
That was intense. Not much action but that just kept building and building the entire episode.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's funny seeing people complain about this show when the main complaint from GoT is not following the source material. This is as close to source as GoT has been since s4.

This is an odd take considering that people described the source material as just appendices and not a fleshed out story. Faithfulness is irrelevant if the actual story is boring, and so far it has been.

Juvarisx

Florida
I wonder if I will ever hate watch a show from the start, instead of hate watching a final season or something since I'm invested.

You are starting to sound like Chuck Ossoi. If you don't like it don't watch it.

The story in Fire and Blood is about 300 pages if you ever want to read it btw, this show is closely following the story from there.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah the problem is centering the story on teenage girls. It's like CW GOT anytime one of the two girls is on the screen.

The Targaryens make better elves than the elves in Rings of Power though.

At least they have the morning after pill in this!

People can hate watch and discuss whatever the fuck they want, stop being a retarded gate keeper.