House of the Dragon

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
That's Jahaera, her twin brother Jahaerys were both supposed to be 7 years old, the brother is the one who was murdered. They are Aegon II's children (he has one more child who is like 2 years old)

The picture I posted was Rhaenyra's children with Daemon, Aegon the III and Viserys II. Rhaenyra is Aegon II's aunt. They made them both 2-3 year old toddlers in the show which is fucked because one of them needs to be big enough to ride a dragon unless they opt to continue retconning the story because they are shitty writers.

this is from reddit so meh but it can help if you are confused, since the show does such a shit job of explaining anything:

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's Jahaera, her twin brother Jahaerys were both supposed to be 7 years old, the brother is the one who was murdered. They are Aegon II's children (he has one more child who is like 2 years old)

The picture I posted was Rhaenyra's children with Daemon, Aegon the III and Viserys II. Rhaenyra is Aegon II's aunt. They made them both 2-3 year old toddlers in the show which is fucked because one of them needs to be big enough to ride a dragon unless they opt to continue retconning the story because they are shitty writers.

this is from reddit so meh but it can help if you are confused, since the show does such a shit job of explaining anything:

are these white and black targs supposed to be ugly? like purposely ugly and stupid and dumb b/c of inbreeding? like when i went to spain and saw the lineage of the royal family, they are like the ugliest fucks

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rhaenyra is Aegon II's sister not aunt.

In the book Rhaenyra is a hideous fatso. Actress is close enough. But I said the same thing, these actors already look inbred. Must be why they got the roles!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This shit is so boring. Also laughing at how ridiculous they make all the black people with ACTUAL cloth mops on their heads.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

In the book Rhaenyra is a hideous fatso. Actress is close enough. But I said the same thing, these actors already look inbred. Must be why they got the roles!
so downs girl was supposed to be lizzo?
b996113a38f2c24f685c52a01b01bee3.jpg

and incest uncle wanted to tap that?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm

How the fuk she getting on and off her dragon? She's the queen of milkshakes.

I guess they made her ugly instead of fat so people didn't die laughing at her dragon scenes.

I always wondered why they went from a young hottie to an ugly butch lesbian. Now I know, you're supposed to immediately dislike her as an adult.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Uncle didnt fuck her for lust, he fucked her to use her to get her on the trhone and him as King so he could rule the kingdom in her stead.

First wife he hated, 2nd wife he cared for and had the 2 girls who marry Luke and JAce (or at least were supposed to) third wife is fat dumb bitch he uses for power and then he leaves her for a peasant who got a dragon.

they really skip over the fact that Rheanerya marries her uncle tp spite her father and Alicent, and be a cunt. And Daemon marries her for power. thats what started the blacks vs greens long before the king dies and kicks off the civil war. and its why Aegon and Aemond vs Luc and Jaec is a thing growing up.

instead on the show shes being wronged every which way, poor girl boss vs the patriarchy. Shes literally the worst cunt of all time, NO one truly likes her, she spits on tradition. Her backers are only doing so because she does have the true claim, and lords have honor.

Its like the Baratheons.

Stannis has the true claim, but is a cunt. Only Ned and some lords back him. Everyone else flocks to Renly because they dont care about honor or claim, they think he would be better for the realm or themselves.

spronk

FPS noob
Fire and Blood (in the fictional universe) is written by the Arch Maester of Oldtown who is sympathetic to the Hightowers. GRRM has said in interviews the book is a "history is written by the winners" kind of thing and the show is supposed to show what really happened. So depicting certain events and characters one way in the books (propaganda) and another way in the shows would make sense.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

At least they make you hate Alicent in the show and the book. And they still kill off the likeable characters as is tradition.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Fire and Blood (in the fictional universe) is written by the Arch Maester of Oldtown who is sympathetic to the Hightowers. GRRM has said in interviews the book is a "history is written by the winners" kind of thing and the show is supposed to show what really happened. So depicting certain events and characters one way in the books (propaganda) and another way in the shows would make sense.
Uh huh. Fuck fatty

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This shit is so boring. Also laughing at how ridiculous they make all the black people with ACTUAL cloth mops on their heads.

I can't even find 1 person that's watching it. During GOT and even HOTD S1 to a lesser extent you'd run into people all the time at the watercooler.

Maybe total views are steady, but the buzz just isn't there. Nobody seems to be spending any of their summer watching this. If people are watching, they are keeping it to themselves.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I can't even find 1 person that's watching it. During GOT and even HOTD S1 to a lesser extent you'd run into people all the time at the watercooler.

Maybe total views are steady, but the buzz just isn't there. Nobody seems to be spending any of their summer watching this. If people are watching, they are keeping it to themselves.

I was walking back from the corner shop at around 11pm on Monday night and I heard the theme music from a nearby apartment block

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah that is correct, my bad shouldn't post so late.
Uncle didnt fuck her for lust, he fucked her to use her to get her on the trhone and him as King so he could rule the kingdom in her stead.

First wife he hated, 2nd wife he cared for and had the 2 girls who marry Luke and JAce (or at least were supposed to) third wife is fat dumb bitch he uses for power and then he leaves her for a peasant who got a dragon.

they really skip over the fact that Rheanerya marries her uncle tp spite her father and Alicent, and be a cunt. And Daemon marries her for power. thats what started the blacks vs greens long before the king dies and kicks off the civil war. and its why Aegon and Aemond vs Luc and Jaec is a thing growing up.

instead on the show shes being wronged every which way, poor girl boss vs the patriarchy. Shes literally the worst cunt of all time, NO one truly likes her, she spits on tradition. Her backers are only doing so because she does have the true claim, and lords have honor.

Its like the Baratheons.

Stannis has the true claim, but is a cunt. Only Ned and some lords back him. Everyone else flocks to Renly because they dont care about honor or claim, they think he would be better for the realm or themselves.
This is all true except for the "true claim" thing. All the laws of the land since time immemorial say son comes before a daughter, all the lords of westeros gathered and voted the last time there was any doubt about succession (when her father was chosen) and all the lords of westeros (except those slighted by that decision) voted that no, Son still comes before a daughter. Aegon II has the most valid claim to the throne.

You are right that the entire civil war happens because Daemon. Nobody wanted Daemon to take the throne, and try as he might Viserys never could produce a male heir with his first wife. He went so long with Daemon as his presumed heir which upset so many lords that he went ahead and declared 10 year old Rhaenyra as his heir just to appease the lords.

Then of course immediately after that he remarries Alicent and she gives him 3 sons and then for 20 years nobody ever talks about him naming Rhaenyra again. Daemon only weds her to claw his way back up the line of succession. The Velaryon's were twice slighted by the succession, first since Rhaenys was skipped over, Corlys didn't get to be king (and Laenor his son would have been the Heir), then when Viserys skipped over marrying his daughter Laena, where his grandson's would have been the heir. So when Rhaenyra married Laenor they had to back her, since it made their son next in line to be king again. Then of course Rhaenyra cucked Laenor so cut his bloodline out of the succession entirely, and then Daemon murdered Laenor and married Rhaenyra so he could be next in line to be king again, but by that point Corlys was already pot committed to her team.

This is completely false. In the fictional universe, the two sources for the "dance of dragons" were Mushroom, Viserys and then Rhaenyra's court jester, who heavily favored Rhaenyra, and Maester Orwyle, who wrote his account as a confession while waiting to be executed by Cregan Stark, a staunch Rhaenyra supporter, thus he had every incentive to be as favorable to Rhaenyra as possible, which is what GRRM said. Also, the "winner" of the dance was Rhaenyra's team, they are the ones who wrote the story. The books are far kinder to Rhaenyra than what actually "happened." The books are propaganda sure, but for Rhaenyra. The show is woke garbage with no basis in anything.

bigolas

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed ep 2. I don't read the books so I don't have expectations or make comparisons. Most of the scenes were well done and kept the story going.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed ep 2. I don't read the books so I don't have expectations or make comparisons. Most of the scenes were well done and kept the story going.
I read the book and am still enjoying the show. They havent made any big changes that bother me.

spronk

FPS noob

i'm enjoying the show too, mostly because they are slowly showing more and more locations and not just small rooms.

The biggest issue is that there isn't a single character to root for. If every character got eaten by a dragon next episode I wouldn't feel sad. Except Haelena I guess, but thats more because she is kinda retarded and just sits around sewing than trying to gain power.

Daemon just storms off every time he is mad, Aegon is a moron, Rhaenyra sits around moping, Alicent only thinks about Ser Coles dick, Otto is just a worse Tywin who is bad at reading his relatives, Aemond just wants mommy tits, Larys is just bad Littlefinger with a foot fetish, and nobody else really matters? I have read the book so I know what happens and it'll be cool to see it all on screen but there is no Tyrion or Jon Snow or Vaerys or early Daenyrs in this show, someone you want to see succeed. All you have is constant fuck ups.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This randomly came on my TV and didn't know what it was until I heard certain names but the CGI and everything looks like garbage compared to Got or am I wrong? I've seen better effects in video games

Last edited: