House of the Dragon

Burns

You have a talent for writing but your critique can use some work. Writing is just one aspect of the show and yes GoT fell off at the end and made some dumb decisions with Jon Snow vs Arya at the end but no one was skipping it.

Acting, cinematography, special effects are all top notch. What would you rather us watch? This is us? Bridgerton?
Season 8 killed my interest in GoT. I watched each season twice, as they aired until season 7. I also watched season 1 to 5 probably 3 or 4 times more, before season 8 dropped. I haven't watched any of it since then.

There are a whole slew of shows I would rather watch, even if it's the 10th or more time. In the past 4 years I have rewatched The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Chernobyl, Black Sails, Peacemaker, and Babylon 5.

Hell, Andor came out in 2022 and I've already watch it 3 times.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This show is dog shit. It's not more complicated than that. It isn't ok, it isn't not bad, and it isn't mediocre. It's dog shit.

Dragons - good
Aegon's one-eyed brother - sort of good but only when he isn't laying around in the fetal position with the whore. Suffers from being a straight white male character. Writers don't like straight white male characters.
Daeman - sort of good. Hampered by absolutely shitty writing and being a straight white male character. Writers don't like straight white male characters.
The twins- Were decent characters but were straight white males. They had to be killed off.
The opening music and intro - good

The rest is dog shit. It makes GoT S8 look fantastic in comparison. there isn't a single female character in the show who isn't total shit. And females make up the majority of the main characters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
should be more blood flow to the penis on account of our girl millie allcocks back for 5 seconds.
1719902984849.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Season 8 killed my interest in GoT. I watched each season twice, as they aired until season 7. I also watched season 1 to 5 probably 3 or 4 times more, before season 8 dropped. I haven't watched any of it since then.

This is correct. It was always good for an annual re watch but season 8 killed the desire to do so

bigolas

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This episode had more boring scenes than interesting ones. There better be some action in the next one. This series lacks the magic, witchcraft, white walkers got had. They should've limited these spinoffs to 2 seasons max and made each episode eventful and explosive instead of trying to recreate GOT and have a long build up to make us care about characters that is not working.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This series lacks the magic, witchcraft, white walkers got had.

Agree, especially since this is one of the fantastical times talked about all throughout GOT. Seeing dragons every episode is cool and everything but not if someone is just patrolling a countryside. I wanna see some destruction and I don't want to wait for the penultimate episode like every other season.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only way this show could be saved is if in the same episode Daemon offs Rhaenyra and Aemond offs his brother Aegon and both lay claim to the Iron throne. I could accept Rhaenyra and Aegon dying from some non murderous acts as well as long as it became a showdown of Daemon vs Aemond for Dragon supremacy.

I would actually look forward to tuning in to this show then each week.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This ain't 24 with Jack Bauer dude.
I have an idea! -- we'll sneak you in as a nun! Next scene: hundreds of miles away, sneaked in as a nun successfully!

Also, another instance of retardery -- an assassin could've easily come up and knifed Alicent. Don't these people have bodyguards?

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The only way this show could be saved is if in the same episode Daemon offs Rhaenyra and Aemond offs his brother Aegon and both lay claim to the Iron throne. I could accept Rhaenyra and Aegon dying from some non murderous acts as well as long as it became a showdown of Daemon vs Aemond for Dragon supremacy.

I would actually look forward to tuning in to this show then each week.

one of your wishes will come true
not the one you want tho. Daemon and Aemond battle for dragon supremacy, but they both end up killing each other and their dragons. Unfortunately it happens very early in the war, like it shoulda happened by the end of this season except they are dragging ass and not moving the story along so I could see it getting shifted to next season.
If we were following the book timeline then next episode would be
Criston Cole and his army marching on nearby lords sworn to Rhaenyra, first the surprise sacking of duskendale and capture and beheading their lord, then build up to the siege of Rook's rest (having learned of the fall of duskendale he wisely barred his gates but has to watch helplessly as his small folk, live stock, and crops are all cut down and burned.) He sends a raven to ask for help from Rhaenyra
which would lead to episode 5
Criston Cole's trap, Rhaenys (the older Targaryan princess, wife of Corlys) flys in on her dragon to save the city from the siege, when both aegon and aemond on their dragons surprise attack and kill her and her dragon. Aegon is badly burned and his dragon Sunfyre has his wing nearly torn off in the battle, Vhagar and Aemond are unharmed. Cole takes the city and puts them all to the sword, and takes the head of their lord and Rhaeny's dragon's head back to king's landing. The injured king is returned to King's landing to heal but his dragon is too large to move and cannot fly with his broken wing so a garrison is left to feed the dragon until he heals enough to travel on his own
Those are the next logical events to happen according to the book timeline, but again this show is pulling 90% of this shit out of their own ass so it's entirely possibly they keep dragging it out and these events end up not happening until like episode 9/10.
it's only after Rhaenys death and the aftermath that arrangements are made to send away her family to safety, but in the show they already handled this part. but now with Daemon and his dragon in harrenhal and Rhaenys dead, and her sons and their dragons fled to the Vale for safety, that they find themselves out of dragons (in the show they made moondancer large enough to ride so they have baela as another dragon rider, she isn't in the books).

So because they have all these dragons but no dragon riders, this is where they start looking for dragonseeds, ie targaryan bastards from around the islands with the blood of the dragon, capable of taming and riding a dragon. This is why they had the bar scene where the dude mentioned he was a dragonseed. it's also why they keep bringing up Corlys's bastards, his son Addam is one of those dragon riders

Aemond kills Luke and his dragon while they were out rallying lords to their respective sides. Immediately afterward Rhaenyra and Daemon send blood and cheese to murder Jahaerys, then immediately afterward Cole sends Arryk to murder Rhaenyra, only for Arryk to end up dying with his twin Erryk. That whole chain of events happens over a matter of days/weeks. It is immediately followed by the events laid out in the above spoilers.

In the book everything happens as a tit for tat, quick succession/escalation, which is part of the tragedy of the story. There was no grieving/mourning period, no time was spent questioning their course of action or moral quandaries, no attempts to broker peace or reach peaceful resolution. it's the story of whirlwind revenge that quickly spirals out of control and engulfs the entire country in chaos. Despite the many, many character and motivation changes they made for the show, all attempts to make Rhaenyra a sympathetic figure, it's the dragging out of the story and adding these scenes where they still aren't sure if they are at war or not that is completely destroying the story. The moment luke dies (rhaenyra's first born child from her first and only true love, the man she cucked her first husband with) the war was on and there was no stopping it. It was just blind seething vengeance and hate, back and forth, over and over, until everyone was dead.

By changing her character and trying to make her the hero they are now stuck having to rationalize away every shitty act that happens from this point on. Her literal first act after the loss of her son was ordering the murder of a fucking baby in front of his mother's eyes, her own nephew in fact, her own sister's son. They had to waste 2 episodes downplaying and softening up her reaction to this event to twist it so she was still the morally right side. That shit was nothing; the hate, the vengeance? It gets much, much worse.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Does someone have a fucking quick reference .jpg that shows all these characterrs and what their names are? The only ones I can remember are the two main women.