House of the Dragon

Chris

Potato del Grande
Episode was slightly different from the paragraph in the fake history book, totally unwatchable trash.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Since i fucked up the colors earlier, here is what I was originally going for as a reference chart:
HoTD (no spoilers).png

Also if you are curious here is a spoiler version of what it looks like post war:
HoTD spoilers.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
out of all those charts the most interesting thing to me is The Cannibal. I want a show just about his life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
out of all those charts the most interesting thing to me is The Cannibal. I want a show just about his life.

sheep stealer must be the derp of them all, how everyone have cool names then

"ayy, ye fuck it, this one will be the stealer of sheeps!"

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
sheep stealer must be the derp of them all, how everyone have cool names then

"ayy, ye fuck it, this one will be the stealer of sheeps!"

GOT had a local petition Daenerys because his goats kept getting eaten

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So, much better episode than the past few so there is that. Irritated at all teh changes people are mentioning between book and show. I was like "you dumb bitch, keep flying away!! You can't win against Godzilla so gtfo!" , but seeing how in the book it was a blindside, they had to make her die one way or the other.

How did Aemon end up with flying Godzilla btw???? while older relatives ended up with pseudo dragons?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was trying to explain the family tree to my friend and goddamn it its annoying,.

Princess Rhenyra Targaryen married Laenor Velaryon. Her name doesnt change because Targ women who marry to men outside their family retain their targ name cause....I dunno. But thats how it was for Baratheons Grandma and many others.

Her sons Jace Luc and Joffrey are Strongs, but not in name. They take the Velaryon name of their father. Despite this Jace is the heir to the Iron throne due to being the declared trueborn son of the heir to Visrerys.

Jace and Luc marry Daemons daughters, Baela and Rhaena Targaryen. Their mom is a Velaryon.

all 4 are "half Velaryon half targaryen"

Yet the women will retain the targaryen name in marriage, an the men will remain Velaryon in name.

So had this shit never went down, and Allicent just shut the fuck up, Rhaenyra would have taken the Iron throne, ruled to death, and handed it off to her Black haired son Jace Velaryon.

That would have been the end of the Targaryen dynasty. Assuming Jace bore a son, and if not he could make Luc or Joffrey his heir, we would have seen black haired Velaryon kings for the rest of westeros. The Targ name would follow Aegon and Aemonds lines, but would have held no lands or title and become a family at court with no seat. the Velaryons would control the Iron throne and Driftmark. They really could have played up Aegon and Aemonds desire for war or to take the throne behind the idea that Rhaenyra was ending the familys reign. I dont remember that being a plot point as much as the other reasons for usurping.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How did Aemon end up with flying Godzilla btw???? while older relatives ended up with pseudo dragons?
Did you just skip season 1? The battle in this episode was pretty close to the book so not much changed.

spronk

FPS noob
So, much better episode than the past few so there is that. Irritated at all teh changes people are mentioning between book and show. I was like "you dumb bitch, keep flying away!! You can't win against Godzilla so gtfo!" , but seeing how in the book it was a blindside, they had to make her die one way or the other.

vhagar is originally the dragon of Aegon the Conquerors sister-wife, ~150 years old and the oldest/biggest living dragon, but previously laena's dragon. Laena was daemons black wife and in s1 was having a difficult childbirth when the maesters declared that her child is not coming out and daemon needs to choose between saving his wife or his unborn son. She decided to kill em both with dragonfire instead, cuz you know thats what brave women apparently do, kill their kids instead of sacrifice their life to save their child. from season 1:

so vhagar was unclaimed after that, and aemond one nite strolled in and claimed him (in a bit of "you can't do that!" but its not technically illegal dragon-protocol), and a dragon bonds for its owners life. It was a risky move since odds were more likely Vhagar would eat Aemond. One of Laena's daughters has no dragon either so just stupidity all around on Rhaenys family side. Might have played into Luke cutting Aemonds eye?

it also means Rhaenys was killed by her daughters dragon

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

it seems all these targ kids get gifted an egg when theyre born, so theyre all pretty tiny, aemonds egg was a dud, so he's been growing up w/o a dragon, he tried to tame some crazy dragon in the castle but he noped the fuck out.

all the while daemon married the nog girl that viserys rejected, had 2 kids and a third bad birth and had her dragon vhagar burn her to death, so now vhagar(godzilla) has no master, and by this time vhagar is like the dragon queen every other dragon is like the size of her foot.

so aemond goes and tames vhagar in the middle of the night behind everyones backs, somehow one of the nog kids were mad b/c they were "promised" vhagar b/c vhagar was their moms dragon, but shouldn't they already have their own dragons or dragon eggs cuz theyre nog targs? Sylas Sylas ?

anyway thats how aemond loses an eye and wants to kill everyone

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah they dont really spell out the idea that dragons that live long will have Muliple riders.

OG Aegon who used Balerion the biggest dragon westeros ever saw to conquer the 7 kingdoms eventually dies, and Baleron has 3 more Riders before he dies. I forget which 2, then Viserys, Rhaenyra's dad, aegons and Aemonds dad.

He rode Balerion for a short while then the dragon died of old age and he never claimed a new dragon.

Its common for a dragon to have multiple riders, when one dies another can claim. No riders have multiple dragons to my memory, if the Dragon dies usually the Rider never tries again.

Its like a less gay attunement the blue fags in Avatar do with their mounts.

so the 3 OG dragons that come to Westeros, one dies during the war to try to get Dorne into the 7 Kingdoms, 1 lives a long time and dies shortly before the DOTD, and 1 is still alive and dies during the DOTD.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah they dont really spell out the idea that dragons that live long will have Muliple riders.

OG Aegon who used Balerion the biggest dragon westeros ever saw to conquer the 7 kingdoms eventually dies, and Baleron has 3 more Riders before he dies. I forget which 2, then Viserys, Rhaenyra's dad, aegons and Aemonds dad.

He rode Balerion for a short while then the dragon died of old age and he never claimed a new dragon.

Its common for a dragon to have multiple riders, when one dies another can claim. No riders have multiple dragons to my memory, if the Dragon dies usually the Rider never tries again.

Its like a less gay attunement the blue fags in Avatar do with their mounts.

so the 3 OG dragons that come to Westeros, one dies during the war to try to get Dorne into the 7 Kingdoms, 1 lives a long time and dies shortly before the DOTD, and 1 is still alive and dies during the DOTD.
do they explain about any of the dragon incest? i mean balerion and vhagar are fucking to get all these dragon eggs popped out but like you said balerion eventually dies so like is vhagar still popping out eggs w/ her son then? is that who sheepstealer is?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
do they explain about any of the dragon incest? i mean balerion and vhagar are fucking to get all these dragon eggs popped out but like you said balerion eventually dies so like is vhagar still popping out eggs w/ her son then? is that who sheepstealer is?

Yeah they are inbred just like the Targ family, and sometimes the eggs follow that line too. Like Rhaenyras dragon is the mother of Lucs dragon. So when they are seeing the body of Luc and his dragon, is both mothers. So they will try to give eggs to the same branches of the family but with limited stock they take what they can get.

Dragon Family tree

So Sheepstealer is the spawn of the dragon Rhaenyra Grandpa rode, who is currently unclaimed, and the dragon rode by the autist sister wife of Aegon II. So you can see how sometimes a child will claim a younger dragon, then their child will claim an older that freed up when an older person died.

Also based on that chart, Dreamfyre is a real SLUT dragon from Rick and Morty,.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In the scenes showing Vaegar, while he looks enormous he also looks pretty damned Joe Biden decrepit on the ground and taking flight. Once in the air he seems pretty energetic and capable. I wonder if this is accidental or foreshadowing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was better but it still lacks anything close to what GoT seasons 1-4 had. The actors lack the charisma to pull-off the average(Below average sometimes) writing that this show displays. Its boring until Dragons do stuff. Even then there are parts where I get puzzled. How the hell did a giant fucking dragon essentially sneak that close to the castle, and then proceed to decloak itself for a "Surprise" attack? That was one hell of a large cloak of Lorien.

Its better than the current season of The Boys....

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This was better but it still lacks anything close to what GoT seasons 1-4 had. The actors lack the charisma to pull-off the average(Below average sometimes) writing that this show displays. Its boring until Dragons do stuff. Even then there are parts where I get puzzled. How the hell did a giant fucking dragon essentially sneak that close to the castle, and then proceed to decloak itself for a "Surprise" attack? That was one hell of a large cloak of Lorien.

Its better than the current season of The Boys....
He did nap of the earth flying below the mountains, obviously.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He did nap of the earth flying below the mountains, obviously.

Is "Nap of the earth" a dragon spell?

That would be kind of cool if Dragons could actually use magic....

Ok, I looked up the term. I am not a pilot. I do not care if the dragon did a nap of the underworld, it would be noticed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Is "Nap of the earth" a dragon spell?

That would be kind of cool if Dragons could actually use magic....

Ok, I looked up the term. I am not a pilot. I do not care if the dragon did a nap of the underworld, it would be noticed.

at best, Vhagar wings are 100 feet each, which some math faggot can do the math to figure out a full wing flap length, but that would mean the dragons belly would be what, minimum 75 feet off the ground to be able to clear the ground on a flap, with another 75 above or so - so that means at best that entire forest is 150 foot tree line to hide him? Thats some pretty fucking tall and dense forest.