House of the Dragon

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did you not pay attention to the size difference between the dragons? Vhagar is 3x the size of hers.
yea i had to use the dragon size guide again, vhagar is a huge bitch, she was well worth 1 eye
df57de9032c522b5993b3e07529ea17f.png

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The first time we saw Daenerys use her dragon in battle was better than this episode for sure. It was the culmination of 7 seasons of build up to finally see a fully grown dragon on the battlefield. Her dragon did way more damage and destruction, wiping out whole columns and the sound mix of that episode was way more epic.

This battle was one or two scorches and some mid air dragon dancing.

Yeah but that was about the run up to the payoff to me at least. I'm reminded of this bit of Raw:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The battle was lost, vhagar was going to burn the castle either fucking way

That's not a win then. Flying away doesn't make the loss into a win

What is wrong with you sadboy sylas, apart from your autistic, degenerate dragon fucking

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
so in the book, youre saying this was a legit plan to draw out 1 dragon and have the brothers do a legit 2 on 1 on the aunt? why does tv make aegon a petulent child? are they trying to just make him into joffrey b/c ppl liked joffrey?

is he supposed to be this shit?

he’s always shit. So is Rhaenyra. The whole story is supposed to be about two cunts of horrible people dragging the entire continent into a dragon fire filled war over their squabble.

the problem is the show writers want Rhaenyra to girl power her way to being the hero instead of the horrible cunt we want to lose.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The only good thing coming, is that the writers seem to have enough respect for the Starks to let Cregan cook when it’s finally time for him to settle this shit. Hopefully the Lads get to cook and are simp cunts

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
he’s always shit. So is Rhaenyra. The whole story is supposed to be about two cunts of horrible people dragging the entire continent into a dragon fire filled war over their squabble.

the problem is the show writers want Rhaenyra to girl power her way to being the hero instead of the horrible cunt we want to lose.

I think they are angling to make her death more sympathetic than entertaining. To add some emotional payoff.

Then again Joffrey's death had lots of emotional payoff.

Are people comparing the s7 episode where the cliffhanger was Jaimie and Bronn jumping into a mud puddle that turned out to be 60 feet deep to this? That was a laugh out loud it was so bad ending.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Are people comparing the s7 episode where the cliffhanger was Jaimie and Bronn jumping into a mud puddle that turned out to be 60 feet deep to this? That was a laugh out loud it was so bad ending.

Hi bad-take Bald Brah, yes we are specifically comparing Drogon incinerating the Lannister/Tarly forces along with a full Dothraki horde smashing their lines with the fight in this episode. Nobody said anything about how it ended. Even if you dislike that ending that doesn't diminish everything that preceded it

At 1:08 is the moment Drogon draws breath, that's what I meant by how the score aligns with what's happening. I might download the Atmos Blu-ray now to re watch it.

Most of the hotd combat was aerial and CGI vs CGI dragons biting and scratching each other then twirling round mid air, not the same as Drogon going ham uncontested lol

Also seemed like Rhaenyras dragon had the turning circle of an oil tanker, barely able to do one breath on the field before having to fly up and away to circle back round for another go

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
"We dove 3 feet into a small pond, sank, swam in full plate armor 35 feet away and escaped a 100000 dothraki army and a dragon"

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
so in the book, youre saying this was a legit plan to draw out 1 dragon and have the brothers do a legit 2 on 1 on the aunt? why does tv make aegon a petulent child? are they trying to just make him into joffrey b/c ppl liked joffrey?

is he supposed to be this shit?
honestly you dont really get a sense of him as a character, Spoiler alert: The show invented almost every scene you've seen him in so far, and you really don't see much of him til Rhaenyra's death as he spends most of the war out of commission healing from this battle.

from what is actually written in the book, He's more like a robert baratheon type. he likes his drink and his whores but he's more jovial than he is sinister. The scene with him drinking and whoring with his king's guard in a tavern is the closest they get to showing how he truly is. The Jofffrey character they are trying to make him is actually daemon. Basically how the show has treated Aegon is how Daemon actually is. fucks whores, mopes around as a petulant child who got his toys taken away (his place in the line of succession), plots and schemes and betrays anyone he has to to get his way, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
honestly you dont really get a sense of him as a character, Spoiler alert: The show invented almost every scene you've seen him in so far, and you really don't see much of him til Rhaenyra's death as he spends most of the war out of commission healing from this battle.

from what is actually written in the book, He's more like a robert baratheon type. he likes his drink and his whores but he's more jovial than he is sinister. The scene with him drinking and whoring with his king's guard in a tavern is the closest they get to showing how he truly is. The Jofffrey character they are trying to make him is actually daemon. Basically how the show has treated Aegon is how Daemon actually is. fucks whores, mopes around as a petulant child who got his toys taken away (his place in the line of succession), plots and schemes and betrays anyone he has to to get his way, etc.
man that one video linked about joffrey spoiling hotd, he's such a better actor than the entire cast

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I made this chart for reference if anyone is interested.

Black are the dragons on Aegon's side
Green are the dragons on Rhaenyra's side
Blue are dragons living on Dragonstone (available to Rhaenyra) but without riders
Yellow are the wild dragons living in and around dragonstone (good luck taming them)

The two dead dragons were both green dragons killed by Aemond and Vhagar.

HoTD Dragon Chart.jpg

This kind of helps you visualize why, despite having more dragons, Rhaenyra's team can't just attack team black. also Moondancer is far too small to carry a dragon rider but they changed that so that Baela is a dragon rider for the show, so I guess in the show she's should be as big as Tyraxes.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I made this chart for reference if anyone is interested.

Black are the dragons on Aegon's side
Green are the dragons on Rhaenyra's side
Blue are dragons living on Dragonstone (available to Rhaenyra) but without riders
Yellow are the wild dragons living in and around dragonstone (good luck taming them)

The two dead dragons were both green dragons killed by Aemond and Vhagar.

View attachment 535800

This kind of helps you visualize why, despite having more dragons, Rhaenyra's team can't just attack team black. also Moondancer is far too small to carry a dragon rider but they changed that so that Baela is a dragon rider for the show, so I guess in the show she's should be as big as Tyraxes.
Gotta ask, why did you flip green and black? Green is Aegon's color and Black is Rhaenyra.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
because when i started i didnt plan on color coding them that way I was just gonna circle them and label them, then i just got confused i guess and swapped them. my bad

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He probably hasn't even read the books and is just putting on an act for attention

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Holy shit, you just reminded me of how bad the writing is.

I completely forgot they spent an episode in season 1 changing Aegon from a bully oldest boy in the family, into a sociopath who makes babies, some his own, Fight to the death for gambling.

Seriously, in what is supposed to be a Civil war between two imperfect rulers, they are going all in on changing Aegon from a sort of jerk off drunk party animal into a monster. and a Unstable bitch queen who orders the murder of children into a "Pull out all the stops to avoid death" kind woman.

Remember when young Rhaenyra would show up to court and show her intelligence, and exchange barbs with her enemies, which is why so many people backed her cause? You know, being likable, then 2 episodes later shes a new actress who is like 4 years older, and now every scene shes had shes just an exhasuted sarcastic bitch who flip flops?

Remember when Rhaenys murdered dozens destroying Aegons crowning and now shes against any death? God writers are so shit.

Man Fuck this gay fag shit

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Remember how GRR made the Dance of the Dragons to explain where all the Dragons went, and how power and the throne ruined the strongest family on the planet. How a Civil war crippled the 7 kingdoms and how it turned allies gainst each other because the decision who to back was so hard because both had claims and dragons to back them up, and choosing was about picking which side you think would win or die.

HBO made it about a poor girl having the Patriarchy crush her dreams, all because her childhood friend was sold in marriage as a teen and crushed under the patriarchy too. and now its just evil men trying to force good girls off to war.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users