House of the Dragon

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Remember how GRR made the Dance of the Dragons to explain where all the Dragons went, and how power and the throne ruined the strongest family on the planet. How a Civil war crippled the 7 kingdoms and how it turned allies gainst each other because the decision who to back was so hard because both had claims and dragons to back them up, and choosing was about picking which side you think would win or die.

HBO made it about a poor girl having the Patriarchy crush her dreams, all because her childhood friend was sold in marriage as a teen and crushed under the patriarchy too. and now its just evil men trying to force good girls off to war.
And despite all that transparent intentions and manipulations, it'll work. Women will cite house of dragons as an example of why men shouldn't be in charge, the same way they cite Handmaid's tale. And it'll work.

Why wouldn't it? War movies with a tattered flag waving in slow motion got plenty of boys to enlist over the last 50 years. Why wouldn't a dragon show with strong, illogical women and psychotic or weak men teach girls to rebel against any man in charge?

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yas queens! This is just as bad as the lesbian space witches being hunted across the universe while they have their immaculate conception babies!

Get a grip. This show has very little if any modern political messaging.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
And despite all that transparent intentions and manipulations, it'll work. Women will cite house of dragons as an example of why men shouldn't be in charge, the same way they cite Handmaid's tale. And it'll work.

Why wouldn't it? War movies with a tattered flag waving in slow motion got plenty of boys to enlist over the last 50 years. Why wouldn't a dragon show with strong, illogical women and psychotic or weak men teach girls to rebel against any man in charge?

Thats what pisses me off. Not that they want to show this type of shit, or have girl power fighting against evil white men. Its a shit trope but they can have it.

Then they need to make a show or series about it. Or pick out someone like Joan of Arc and make a movie about her that isnt trash.

But they dont. They just keep taking over established IP and ruining it. No one wants to watch a shitty period piece about girl power written by 7 fat white women with dyed hair. They want to see ASOFAI world shows, or the witcher, or the Silmarillion.

And because hollwyood is nothing but cultural marxists they keep handing established content over to stupid women who ruin it with their bullshit.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yas queens! This is just as bad as the lesbian space witches being hunted across the universe while they have their immaculate conception babies!

Yes the show about how all the men are running as fast as they can to war while the women who hold the true power spend every single episode trying to prevent war, all because men couldnt accept a queen ruler has no modern feminist messaging. And every single man in power is either a Kinslayer, a Murderer, a Baby Murderer, a rapist, a sexual deviant, a weird incel fetishist, and old man who would sell off his daughter for his own gain, or a scorned toxic angry man that wants to kill a woman for rejecting him. The only 2 men shown to have true intentions and good hearts are

1) a Faggot who couldnt be himself cause the world of evil straight white men forbade it

and

2) a man with no self control of his anger who pumped 3 kids into a married woman but thats OK cause she was forced into marriage.

Viserys isnt even just a weak leper, hes a fucking child fucker who emotionally ignored his daughter for 17 years trying to have a boy to replace her.

Yeah no Patriarchy shit embedded here.

OK

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

The show who's show runners came out and stated unequivocally that all the women dying during childbirth scenes were statements on the overturning of Roe V Wade?

lol this guy. Mods can we force a name change for this guy to bad-take Bald Brah?

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
You could always just change the channel if it's so poorly written.

The only reason I know about the lesbian space witches is because I like watching nerdrotic. I'd never buy Disney+ or even torrent that crap.

I do however renew my Max subscription for HotD. Which I find very entertaining. Even with the evil patriarchy, which kind of was a thing in the era this show was based on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
all because men couldnt accept a queen ruler has no modern feminist messaging.

It wasn't until 2011 that the UK removed the preference for male heirs, so that elder sisters would not be leapfrogged by younger brothers.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

The only reason I know about the lesbian space witches is because I like watching nerdrotic. I'd never buy Disney+ or even torrent that crap.

I do however renew my Max subscription for HotD. Which I find very entertaining. Even with the evil patriarchy, which kind of was a thing in the era this show was based on.
It's ok to be annoyed with people that bitch about wokeness in every show AND accept that they're more or less correct. You don't have to believe that they're wrong or delusional to be annoyed by it.

Pretending like it's entirely imagined makes you the delusional one.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's ok to be annoyed with people that bitch about wokeness in every show AND accept that they're more or less correct. You don't have to believe that they're wrong or delusional to be annoyed by it.

Pretending like it's entirely imagined makes you the delusional one.

I'm not thrilled about the ugly dyke they cast as raneyres and I think the african targaryans are ridiculous, but they are small parts of the show. Daemon and Ser Crispin are worth the price of admission.

I certainly wouldn't come here to piss and moan about a show I hate watch every week.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Sylas Sylas that was another Bad Take Bald Brah post.

He's already bought his tickets for Deadpool 3.

He claimed Zendaya frowning in Dune 2 was evidence of wokeness.

Nothing he says should be taken seriously. As I've just said, male succession preference was the law until 2011 in the UK but that doesn't mean that Bad Take Bald Brah is now an authority on wokeness. As evidenced by his DP3 tickets, his morals shift faster than the sand underneath 100 frowning Zendayas riding space worms shouting "yaaaas slay Queen"

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I certainly wouldn't come here to piss and moan about a show I hate watch every week.
Then you obviously do not understand this forum. Aren't you a new arrival?

You've heard of the Elks, right? You think those guys just sit around and talk about elk?

• 1Picard

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Finally some action. Bit cheap, but at least a dragon and her rider went down. Noice.

But what's up with this rip, credits roll, then s2e5 trailer, then behind the scenes. Bah.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Says he doesn't watch Acolyte and would never "piss and moan" about a show he hate watches. But does "piss and moan" about a show he hate watches hate podcasts for.

1720463514194.png

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah good action scenes finally, the character arcs aren't interesting in the slightest and i still don't give a single fuck about any character but at least we got some dragon v dragon v dragon.

you can tell this show is a fantasy because it only took 3 hours (episodes) for a woman to finally make a fucking decision whereas in real life a woman never will

i hope daemon is out of harrenhall next episode, the Luigi's Mansion arcs of the show are weird

GR7bw_hWsAA0BDH.jpg

Vhagar, before being claimed by Aemond, was the dragon of Laena Velaryon. Rhaenys daughter. lol

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
As I mentioned earlier I didn't watch this season of the boys because its fucking retarded dribble and I don't watch the Acolyte because Star Wars has been 100% faggot shit for like 30 fucking years. They've released dozens of projects, a prequel and sequel movie trilogy, dozens of TV shows and video games and I can count on 1 hand the amount of non-garbage content.
FYI its KOTOR (VG), Rogue One (Film), Andor + Mandalorian (well season 1 at least) (TV series)

This show should of been good but its been woke garbage and shit writing so far, but hate watching it and pointing out every one of its flaws is my cross to bear. The other two shows are already covered, those threads are full of nothing but the same hate watching+commentary I am doing for this one.

Oldbased

> Than U
The editing the past few episodes has been really terrible. They feel rushed and do quick cuts to new scenes with no blending, ties, fluidity at all. It's like watching something on SyFy channel. Ok but quite obvious in the cuts almost like it was made for commercial breaks or some shit. It lacks the story flow and feel of GoT which had much more effort between scene alterations. The acting while not terrible seems phoned in almost like they just don't care anymore. I'd love to know what has been really going on at the sets between actors and film/tech/directors to cause this.
Overall it is still high production but as we've seen in othre ventures lately with Rebel Moon, LotR, Wheel of Time in some parts even Fallout, big productions can still be quite flawed overall. I expected better given the money and teams behind this.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The editing the past few episodes has been really terrible. They feel rushed and do quick cuts to new scenes with no blending, ties, fluidity at all. It's like watching something on SyFy channel. Ok but quite obvious in the cuts almost like it was made for commercial breaks or some shit. It lacks the story flow and feel of GoT which had much more effort between scene alterations. The acting while not terrible seems phoned in almost like they just don't care anymore. I'd love to know what has been really going on at the sets between actors and film/tech/directors to cause this.
Overall it is still high production but as we've seen in othre ventures lately with Rebel Moon, LotR, Wheel of Time in some parts even Fallout, big productions can still be quite flawed overall. I expected better given the money and teams behind this.

Sapochnik out as showrunner-- all the actors are pretty annoyed with it.

He was a major creative force and credited as being solely responsible for the blending and editing/transitions ala "big GoT moments" by Matt Smith. Smith made specific reference to this. The question this season was whether his loss was going to be felt or not,

That has now been answered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Sapochnik out as showrunner-- all the actors are pretty annoyed with it.

He was a major creative force and credited as being solely responsible for the blending and editing/transitions ala "big GoT moments" by Matt Smith. Smith made specific reference to this. The question this season was whether his loss was going to be felt or not,

That has now been answered.
Interesting.
I had seen some bit about the showrunner before but the issue is very obvious the past few episodes, especially towards the end.
Even watching the starting recao last night of ep4 I was like, wait when did that part happen. It was a direct result of these sudden "clips" just appearing in the episode that I somehow missed either due to the distraction of the flow of the episode or some other event such as looking away to take a drink 20 seconds that while in that short time, it was cut to a event, happened then back to what I was watching. It's quite terrible and good on the actors to call it out before it even happened.

bigolas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As I mentioned earlier I didn't watch this season of the boys because its fucking retarded dribble and I don't watch the Acolyte because Star Wars has been 100% faggot shit for like 30 fucking years. They've released dozens of projects, a prequel and sequel movie trilogy, dozens of TV shows and video games and I can count on 1 hand the amount of non-garbage content.
FYI its KOTOR (VG), Rogue One (Film), Andor + Mandalorian (well season 1 at least) (TV series)

This show should of been good but its been woke garbage and shit writing so far, but hate watching it and pointing out every one of its flaws is my cross to bear. The other two shows are already covered, those threads are full of nothing but the same hate watching+commentary I am doing for this one.
1720472844106.png

I understand your frustration because the boys had everything to be good but was sabotaged by mentally ill writers and directors.

Oldbased

> Than U
It's hard for me to even describe what I mean but in GoT you always had tone of the actors, events in the scene and even music tying it to the next thing, it was like watching a book instead of reading it, it was being portrayed before you in events.
HoD just feels like SyFy level good production but without that extra care, love and planning and just filming cuts based on the script.
It's very obvious to me.