Oldbased

> Than U
Daredevil isn't real either and yet...
How Dare You Greta GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
well, that doesnt wash. we got tons of targ stuff in GoT. we got tons in the books too. goddamn some of those Daeny in Meereen chapters were pure torture. lots of stuff is always happening in Westeros, not just those inbred hicks, The Targaryens.
They need sokme familiar stuff and some new stuff. I don't see the problem.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I mean it seems obvious to me that when the commander of the army leaves

As for why the battle took years? There appeared to be many islands in that chain

Didn't they discuss Damon going over as some kind of sacrifice? I cba to check

Yes, clean out the islands one by one. Like the British military in iwojima against the Nazis

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
well, that doesnt wash. we got tons of targ stuff in GoT. we got tons in the books too. goddamn some of those Daeny in Meereen chapters were pure torture. lots of stuff is always happening in Westeros, not just those inbred hicks, The Targaryens.

It's been explained to you multiple times. Were in a song of ice and fire = two houses

House of dragon = one house

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
so what are the Starks, Greyjoys, Tyrells, Lannisters and Mormonts up to?
I don't know if you are being Chuk or you want actual answers, but I am going to assume it is the latter.

The Starks do not get involved until the very end of the Dance of Dragons, essentially after everything is over. So if this show runs for 5 seasons, they would show up in Season 5.

The Tyrells at this point only have High Garden for a little more than 100 years. The Gardeners ruled High Garden until Aegon the Conqueror burned them all in battle. House Tyrell were the Stewards of the Gardener family, and they surrendered to Aegon after the Gardeners were wiped out, and were gifted High Garden as a result. During this time, the ruler of High Garden is not of age, and they have a Regency Council for him. I don't think they will show up at all here as they don't have any importance to the story being told.

The Lannisters are one of the major houses taking an important role in the war that will come later in the show, and one Tyland Lannister is part of the small council later.

The Mormonts ain't shit. They were a VERY minor house that just happened to interact with two very important characters in this world's history. Jeor with Jon and Jorah with Dany. Lyanna Mormont is given a large role later on in the show, to make the Mormonts seem more important I guess? Or maybe it was just fan service. Either way, Bear Island is garbage land and they were only ever important by chance.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know if you are being Chuk or you want actual answers, but I am going to assume it is the latter.

The Starks do not get involved until the very end of the Dance of Dragons, essentially after everything is over. So if this show runs for 5 seasons, they would show up in Season 5.

The Tyrells at this point only have High Garden for a little more than 100 years. The Gardeners ruled High Garden until Aegon the Conqueror burned them all in battle. House Tyrell were the Stewards of the Gardener family, and they surrendered to Aegon after the Gardeners were wiped out, and were gifted High Garden as a result. During this time, the ruler of High Garden is not of age, and they have a Regency Council for him. I don't think they will show up at all here as they don't have any importance to the story being told.

The Lannisters are one of the major houses taking an important role in the war that will come later in the show, and one Tyland Lannister is part of the small council later.

The Mormonts ain't shit. They were a VERY minor house that just happened to interact with two very important characters in this world's history. Jeor with Jon and Jorah with Dany. Lyanna Mormont is given a large role later on in the show, to make the Mormonts seem more important I guess? Or maybe it was just fan service. Either way, Bear Island is garbage land and they were only ever important by chance.
ok, so just the trailer park dragon family? and the Mormonts had some importance. they were one of the few with a Valyrian steel sword, Longclaw. i dont think even the Boltons had Valyrian steel.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
ok, so just the trailer park dragon family? and the Mormonts had some importance. they were one of the few with a Valyrian steel sword, Longclaw. i dont think even the Boltons had Valyrian steel.

You try too hard

Goatface

Boltons had a valyrian steel knife.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

i guess i blanked on that, i thought it was Baelish's
different one. iirc it wasn't pointed out on the show, it was more of a plain knife. supposedly there were still several valyrian steel daggers and knives still floating around.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I figure there has to be another 'history didn't record this but....' type reveal somewhere down the line.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty much everyone had a Valyrian steel something, that's why the Lannisters were so pissed that they didn't have one and melted down the Stark one because some crazy uncle lost there's exploring the ruins of Valyria.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think my biggest issue with the whole 'GoT' world at this point is that despite it being ostensibly fantasy we spend essentially the entire time doing nothing but Real Wives of Westeros who-has-beef-with-whom drama and precious little on anything actually fantastical.

We don't know why Valyira was doomed. We don't know the finer details of the Children of the Forest making the undead in the first place. We don't have any magic or magical creatures other than Dragons and those have been reduced to a minor inconvenience. (Seriously -- how is the Crabfeeder any actual threat when he can be BBQ'd should he leave his caves? Yeah they can hide there effectively, but they can't exactly disrupt shipping lanes or demand tolls from within the caves themselves so why not just nuke them anytime they leave and otherwise ignore the fucker?)

Caliane

didnt Joeffrey have a few Val steel knives?
Are you thinking the one used to attempt to kill Bran?

that was Petyr Baelish's. who lied to Caitlyn saying belonged to Tyrion Lannister.

so this show is actually decent? lots of youtubers are pretty ok on it.

• 1Worf