Hugh Jackman: Logan

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Btw, x23(laura) isn't my favorite Wolverine sidekick, it's Armor, in an alternate story, she's a bro to the end.
Ghost Boxes- 016.jpg
Ghost Boxes- 017.jpg
Ghost Boxes- 018.jpg

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Trailer has me slightly hopeful, just hoping they learned a thing or two for deadpool. Buuuut ignorance is bliss, I avoided all of the other wolverine movies, and latest xmen movies.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
God dammit. Now I have to go see this. I agree it will probably end up being another suckfest, but god dammit if that trailer didn't make me well up a little. Johnny Cash's version is without question my favorite "I'm totally not crying" song (and watching his video to go along with it is even worse), and then drop sad and broken Logan and a little girl that needs his help into the mix? Fuck me. Fuck me right in the fucking feels.

I know I shouldn't pay to see this in theaters, I know it.

I'm going to come back in a few months and quote this when I come to the conclusion that yes, indeed, I should not have paid for it in theaters. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Trailer has me slightly hopeful, just hoping they learned a thing or two for deadpool. Buuuut ignorance is bliss, I avoided all of the other wolverine movies, and latest xmen movies.
I'll always feel X-men 2 was the best portrayal. A couple of times they pushed the PG-13 boundary of how violent he could be (e.g. the attack on the School in the first part of the film). I hope they don't lose sight of what made Deadpool a success either. Being rated R was a byproduct of being faithful to the character.

Second Wolverine movie was pretty good up until the 3rd act. Origins should go into a film museum as an example on how to fuck up a good thing.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They'll be able to use the same song to show fan reaction as they leave the theater.

So looks like Reavers replace Hulklings and Xavier replacing Hawkeye in a simplified Old Man Logan story.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like it.

Jubilee and Kitty Pryde are better sidekicks, but X-23 works really well.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like what I saw...so now I am cautiously optimistic rather then have absolutely no faith.

Johnny Cash's Hurt makes everything better. I still think the best use of it that I saw was in Person of Interest...it was just so powerful.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
They just dont have the rights to do anything close to Old Man Logan justice. I am worried everything is going to end up a lot less interesting and generic because of that.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
They just dont have the rights to do anything close to Old Man Logan justice. I am worried everything is going to end up a lot less interesting and generic because of that.

How is the Last of Us starring Wolverine going to be bad? He will die some hero's death, save X-23, send her back to the past Xavier and that will be the end of it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God dammit. Now I have to go see this. I agree it will probably end up being another suckfest, but god dammit if that trailer didn't make me well up a little. Johnny Cash's version is without question my favorite "I'm totally not crying" song (and watching his video to go along with it is even worse), and then drop sad and broken Logan and a little girl that needs his help into the mix? Fuck me. Fuck me right in the fucking feels.

I know I shouldn't pay to see this in theaters, I know it.

I'm going to come back in a few months and quote this when I come to the conclusion that yes, indeed, I should not have paid for it in theaters. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Yeah man, I teared up a little too. That god damn music played a big part; made me think of other "feels" in my life. Bastards nailed it.