Hugh Jackman: Logan

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Will be there opening night, but didn't like much of that trailer.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Whoa, is this going to be rated R? Trailer looked decent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Is this R? yeah they said fuck more than once and not in a Robin Hood Prince of Thieves "fuck me they cleared it" - PG-13 okay way. And blood on claws and on slices unlike 90% of the pg-pg13 superhero flicks. So I am going with R.

Looks good...but umm...where is this in the timeline if its Patrick Stewart as X? Thought him reading the comics was funny.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Is this R? yeah they said fuck more than once and not in a Robin Hood Prince of Thieves "fuck me they cleared it" - PG-13 okay way. And blood on claws and on slices unlike 90% of the pg-pg13 superhero flicks. So I am going with R.

Looks good...but umm...where is this in the timeline if its Patrick Stewart as X? Thought him reading the comics was funny.

If X is 90 in this timeline he and Magneto were born in the mid 30s. So this puts this in 2025ish?

Seems much further than that. More and more looks like X is in his mind.

This is far enough along that all the xmen are dead and comics were made about them.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Didn't love the trailer but I'll see this anyway, Jackman as Wolverine is fun to watch even if the movie sucks. Think I'm done with the rest of the shitty 20th Fox X-Men movies though, god that last one was awful.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
For what it's worth I read that this is in post Dotfp and that movie retconned the last two wolverine movies.

So in the current timeline

Origins
Dotfp
Apocalypse
40 years
This

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they are saying this takes place in 2025. though, honestly, looking at that it doesn't really seem to add up... now maybe he's purposely hanging out in the wasteland... but it looks like it's ALL mostly wasteland? i don't know... i'm still thinking that prof x is dead already and he's just dealing with psychic prof x ghosts. like, i think the twist is that PART of the movie takes place in 2025... that's when everything went bad and logan kills everyone (if they are sticking with old man logan)... there is a very marked difference between DoFP logan and this one. like, DoFP logan is still buff and healthy looking. this logan clearly has all kinds of nerve damage... his hands can't keep shaking, he's feeling pain like he hasn't before, he's smaller, more gray, more battered.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I mean if we are taking the movies kind of at face value. We have Logan who is probably 8 to 10 years old when his X gene expresses itself. Then we see him in 1914 with his brother at WW1 Probably in his 20's. Then in 2014 Looking to be somewhere in his 30's. So for every ~10 years logan seems to age 1. Skip ahead 15 years and his regeneration has slowed waaaaay down, and he seems to have aged almost 20 years ( looks to be late 40's / 50's ).

I really do hope they have a good explanation for his aging and him looking to be controlled by his pain. Having said all that I am excited to watch this one.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
now maybe he's purposely hanging out in the wasteland... but it looks like it's ALL mostly wasteland?

Well they were in Texas at least at the beginning in the convenience store.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I want to be excited so bad, but just can't. It sucks too, despite Jackman not fitting the comic mold of Wolverine perfectly (who fucking cares) he's always done a very believable Wolverine, albeit a tame, neutered version due to studio faggotry.

Still hope he ends up in DP2 somehow. I'll take 5 min of ultraviolent, batshit Logan, and consider the movie version redeemed.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
they are saying this takes place in 2025. though, honestly, looking at that it doesn't really seem to add up... now maybe he's purposely hanging out in the wasteland... but it looks like it's ALL mostly wasteland? i don't know... i'm still thinking that prof x is dead already and he's just dealing with psychic prof x ghosts. like, i think the twist is that PART of the movie takes place in 2025... that's when everything went bad and logan kills everyone (if they are sticking with old man logan)... there is a very marked difference between DoFP logan and this one. like, DoFP logan is still buff and healthy looking. this logan clearly has all kinds of nerve damage... his hands can't keep shaking, he's feeling pain like he hasn't before, he's smaller, more gray, more battered.
Just read something this morning from the director of the movie that this is set in 2029 specifically to give it at least a few years gap from the end credits scene of DoFP. So there is at least a 5 year gap, not sure if that helps with your issue

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I liked the first trailer better. I hope this is good because I've just about given up on X-Men movies.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I always hated the fake looking flying leap Wolverine does in the movies, and now they have X23 doing it too uhg

Edit: I do love the line when she's about to stab the clerk and he yells NOT OK! I've said that line WAY too many times to my kids.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Saw the first trailer and was pretty excited, saw the 2nd trailer and now I no longer care. Such wasted potential. =/

• 1Like

j00t

honestly? i think he second trailer is much better. x23 walking out all nonchalantly with that dude's head in her arm's is so boss. and Way Down We Go, to me, was just a better song than hurt. not that i don't love that song, but it's almost cliched.

j00t

I always hated the fake looking flying leap Wolverine does in the movies, and now they have X23 doing it too uhg

Edit: I do love the line when she's about to stab the clerk and he yells NOT OK! I've said that line WAY too many times to my kids.

yes to all accounts. that is a move that just doesn't seem to translate well in live action. or at least their mechanism for pulling it off doesn't look right.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's just that same bullshit that makes all those wire-fu movies look retarded. They don't move fast enough to justify the amount of time spent in the air. Speed his ass up.

Either way, finally an R-rated Wolverine movie. I'll see it just for that. I remember liking that bloody God of War clone Wolverine game a lot and wished the movie was more like it.

• 1Like

j00t

the x-men origins wolverine game, loosely based on the film? that game was way better than it had a right to be, based off that trash movie.

• 1Like