Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That seems pretty shitty, i guess ignorance is actually a defense, considering if they had disclosed real users (I'm guessing they were counting the bots) they would have never been anywhere close to this valuation like Netflix.

Now if they are actually spending money on bot farms and have been, that might actually be indefensible.
It has nothing to do with bots I am sure, the revisions were less than 1% of users, bots make up way more than that I am sure. Probably just some broken flag on the website or app that was telling them more people looked at it than really did.

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fun fact, if Euro has fallen against the dollar in the last month at about a 68% yearly inflation rate. That's third world levels of losing value.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1651157765298.png

38 seems to be the magic number. It sucks that apple and amazon are such wild cards for the market, buying here would be a no brainer if not for them.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I expect bad retail numbers but good cloud. Only thing the market will care about is the outlook

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Inventory in Q2 is still going to be pretty bad and Q3/4 isn't setting up well either with the situation in China, it kind of depends on how much their internal analysts have admitted that to themselves though. Freight cost is also a massive headwind for them and isn't getting better.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The transaction hasnt completed yet. There is an agreement, but no closure yet. Can Musk use stuff like this to walk from the deal?
He wont walk. He doesnt care about the money. My guess is he buys it and then maybe sues the board members afterwards for fraud or some such.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It has nothing to do with bots I am sure, the revisions were less than 1% of users, bots make up way more than that I am sure. Probably just some broken flag on the website or app that was telling them more people looked at it than really did.
Real corporations do not have financial "mistakes" like this that impact their SEC filings and financial disclosures. The term for that is fraud.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Real corporations do not have financial "mistakes" like this that impact their SEC filings and financial disclosures. The term for that is fraud.
The fraud part is probably that they knew about it for awhile now and didn't disclose it. At what level of the business they knew about it becomes the question, entirely possible some mid-manager knew his engineers fucked for 2 years now and only finally raised it up the chain now that they are months away from being found out anyway.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Soft landing...transitory. More spending will reduce inflation. come on man
I am in no way defending the Admin and the Fed when I say this... They dont have anything else they can say. There is literally zero they can do at this point. We all know finance works the way it does for a reason. Inflation - Interest Rates - Equities are all interconnected. Cant spend your way out of a slowing economy with inflation running around 10%. Cant raise rates to curb inflation without tanking equities. They (and us of course) are well and truly fucked. Powell needs to man the fuck up and do the right thing for the Country and jack rates to 10% overnight. Yes the market tanks, yes the real estate market crashes, but it solves the problem and we can actually begin the recovery. This soft landing bullshit is just fucking us harder than we already are for political reasons, but there isnt anything to fucking gain politically.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The fraud part is probably that they knew about it for awhile now and didn't disclose it. At what level of the business they knew about it becomes the question, entirely possible some mid-manager knew his engineers fucked for 2 years now and only finally raised it up the chain now that they are months away from being found out anyway.
Lol, SOX took care of the whole "No one told me the numbers we put out were fake". They knew. And Jack and the CFO signed the financials. Jack has real legal liability under SOX.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Lol, SOX took care of the whole "No one told me the numbers we put out were fake". They knew. And Jack and the CFO signed the financials. Jack has real legal liability under SOX.

I work in corporate finance and I am completely aware that they are responsible, SOX makes them responsible though it doesn't make them omniscient. I meant it more as a point that I can't imagine Jack and the CFO or anyone at the company who knows the SEC requirements being stupid enough to do that knowingly, I know it does happen though.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
wsb simps might get that Mama Cathie OF they’ve always dreamed about.

1651161944647.png

• 2Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can't imagine Jack and the CFO or anyone at the company who knows the SEC requirements being stupid enough to do that knowingly
You have way more faith in them than I do. Remember almost all these Tech wunderkind know almost zero about business. They wrote code and never went to business school.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
all these Tech wunderkind know almost zero about business.. they never went to business school.
I went to business school. I distinctly recall the zero sum grades, no rules competitive negotiation class but must have missed the session on "always do the right and/or legal thing even when you don't think you'll get caught". Plus the guy I caught cheating in the class I TA'd and for realz pulled the "Don't you know the size of the hedge fund I manage??" card.

The business school type-A crowd is far worse than the move fast/break things tech bros when it comes to ethics and compliance.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users